1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/18/2018 at 6:24 PM, Love_HZ said:

My husband got his from gov hospital in Lahore.

You have to bring your passport copy along with you and can get it done at Town Hall near Anarkali it's easy there no under table money required 

Timeline
9 hours ago, ABK said:

InshAllah! @Love_HZ @lousiaCI will need interview tips from you guys. Lots of best wishes. InshAllah your visa will be approved on the same day.😊😊👍👍

They usually ask ; Love or Arrange marriage- Who arranged it-how long do you know each other- what does he/she do- how do you guys communicate-how much he/she makes- does he/she sends money- what are you going to do when you get there-  Make sure to read through i864, i130 and ds260 so your answers match whats in the forms.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, ahm12 said:

They usually ask ; Love or Arrange marriage- Who arranged it-how long do you know each other- what does he/she do- how do you guys communicate-how much he/she makes- does he/she sends money- what are you going to do when you get there-  Make sure to read through i864, i130 and ds260 so your answers match whats in the forms.

Thank you very much. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Muhammadarman said:

You have to bring your passport copy along with you and can get it done at Town Hall near Anarkali it's easy there no under table money required 

He already received his polio certificate on the same say without paying any penny. Alhamdulillah, medical was done the next day.  Examination results also received on same day..  Thanks for your advise thou

Timeline
10 hours ago, ABK said:

InshAllah! @Love_HZ @lousiaCI will need interview tips from you guys. Lots of best wishes. InshAllah your visa will be approved on the same day.😊😊👍👍

aameen... Inshallah will let you know. Just one week to go.... cant wait

3 hours ago, Love_HZ said:

aameen... Inshallah will let you know. Just one week to go.... cant wait

In Sha Allah you will get visa approved same day :) 

On 7/17/2018 at 5:32 AM, lousiaC said:

Hey friends, creating this thread so we can get help from our fellows who have/had there interviews in islamabad embassy. 

Please do let us know the experiences, tips and advices. Information related to medical or anything that can help :) 

My advice is expect to be harassed and treated like dirt, and if you aren't, thank God. Be wary, don't let them trick you into thinking they are going to be nice. They have already decided what they are going to do. Be very careful if you are led into a room with a Pakistani CO, and they close the door. 

I think in hindsight my husband's mistake was expecting a civil interview, as the first CO lulled him into thinking they were going to be nice. Beware if you are taken into the "torture" chamber with a Pakistani man and don't sign anything, even if threatened. My husband didn't know (and frankly, I didn't either) that he could have had a lawyer with him or just walk out. He saw no escape from their intimidation and threats other than signing the papers they had prepared (falsely saying he is still married to his first wife). He was so muddled, he wrote what they dictated....big mistake! 

They honed in on him being my 5th husband, and when he didn't have a problem with that, they took advantage of his cultural guilt for being divorced. The Pakistani man screamed prayers from Islam (my husband tried to explain  to me why this particular one was so important), hurled insults, lies, accused us of paying for our papers, and basically treated him like a criminal until he broke down and did what they wanted. Thisman kept screaming at him he was still married to the woman who "gave him 4 beautiful children." (As if he would talk like that. It was so obvious it was dictated.)

Don't sign anything, take a lawyer if you have any red flags, stand up to their lies, and don't let them break you. They will say and do anything to deny a person. This is all pre-decided as to what they are going to do. The sad part is that the US embassy hires local people to do their dirty work.

Thank God, my husband got a good job in Dubai, so IF (and that's a big IF) our new CR1 (hoping to get it in by the end of this month) is approved, he will have his interview there. Many lessons learned. The CO's do not have to be civil or truthful. They are allowed to treat the interviewee like a criminal being interrogated, and interviews are not recorded (how convenient for them!).

Yeah, I'm bitter because this is just wrong in every way. We filed a formal complaint. I don't care if it puts a target on our back, because I teach my students to stand up to bullies, and how can I do that if I don't do the same thing? Maybe this will help someone else because they need to stop this coercion now.

They knew they didn't have anything on us, so they invented  a way to get my husband to crack. If it can happen to my husband, who is educated, well-traveled, professional, older, helps the Pakistan government with tourism (even with that US Embassy), and speaks English well, it can happen to anyone. Recently, again, he was asked by the US Embassy there in Islamabad to talk to their new hires about tourism. He even took them on an excursion into the mountains. (Yes, he's a lot nicer than me..lol). These visa interviews could all be held in a civil fashion.

I have to say that if you are both Pakistanis, Muslims, or if it is a male petitioning a female, you probably won't have problems. Some people just waltz through. It just depends on what they have decided and if you have any red flags. We thought because we are so much older than most (50's, 60's) and have been together for 7 years with now 9 visits, that we wouldn't be seen as a threat for him to immigrate.

They also tried a similar thing with another couple we know. Luckily, he didn't break down.

Good luck!!!

Edited by Love To Teach
add comment

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

My advice is expect to be harassed and treated like dirt, and if you aren't, thank God. Be wary, don't let them trick you into thinking they are going to be nice. They have already decided what they are going to do. Be very careful if you are led into a room with a Pakistani CO, and they close the door. 

I think in hindsight my husband's mistake was expecting a civil interview, as the first CO lulled him into thinking they were going to be nice. Beware if you are taken into the "torture" chamber with a Pakistani man and don't sign anything, even if threatened. My husband didn't know (and frankly, I didn't either) that he could have had a lawyer with him or just walk out. He saw no escape from their intimidation and threats other than signing the papers they had prepared (falsely saying he is still married to his first wife). He was so muddled, he wrote what they dictated....big mistake! 

They honed in on him being my 5th husband, and when he didn't have a problem with that, they took advantage of his cultural guilt for being divorced. The Pakistani man screamed prayers from Islam (my husband tried to explain  to me why this particular one was so important), hurled insults, lies, accused us of paying for our papers, and basically treated him like a criminal until he broke down and did what they wanted. Thisman kept screaming at him he was still married to the woman who "gave him 4 beautiful children." (As if he would talk like that. It was so obvious it was dictated.)

Don't sign anything, take a lawyer if you have any red flags, stand up to their lies, and don't let them break you. They will say and do anything to deny a person. This is all pre-decided as to what they are going to do. The sad part is that the US embassy hires local people to do their dirty work.

Thank God, my husband got a good job in Dubai, so IF (and that's a big IF) our new CR1 (hoping to get it in by the end of this month) is approved, he will have his interview there. Many lessons learned. The CO's do not have to be civil or truthful. They are allowed to treat the interviewee like a criminal being interrogated, and interviews are not recorded (how convenient for them!).

Yeah, I'm bitter because this is just wrong in every way. We filed a formal complaint. I don't care if it puts a target on our back, because I teach my students to stand up to bullies, and how can I do that if I don't do the same thing? Maybe this will help someone else because they need to stop this coercion now.

They knew they didn't have anything on us, so they invented  a way to get my husband to crack. If it can happen to my husband, who is educated, well-traveled, professional, older, helps the Pakistan government with tourism (even with that US Embassy), and speaks English well, it can happen to anyone. Recently, again, he was asked by the US Embassy there in Islamabad to talk to their new hires about tourism. He even took them on an excursion into the mountains. (Yes, he's a lot nicer than me..lol). These visa interviews could all be held in a civil fashion.

I have to say that if you are both Pakistanis, Muslims, or if it is a male petitioning a female, you probably won't have problems. Some people just waltz through. It just depends on what they have decided and if you have any red flags. We thought because we are so much older than most (50's, 60's) and have been together for 7 years with now 9 visits, that we wouldn't be seen as a threat for him to immigrate.

They also tried a similar thing with another couple we know. Luckily, he didn't break down.

Good luck!!!

Your story is horrible and making me so worried my prayers are with you .my wife is a petioner she was born in American soil but she is a Muslim and she speaks Urdu so well  and our culture are  same. coz her parents are from Pakistan we both are cousin and our marriage is arranged . Four years age difference, both married first time . So will it be a  problem for  me for getting visa? soon my interview will be conducted likely by September or October.

2 minutes ago, Mallick said:

Your story is horrible and making me so worried my prayers are with you .my wife is a petioner she was born in American soil but she is a Muslim and she speaks Urdu so well  and our culture are  same. coz her parents are from Pakistan we both are cousin and our marriage is arranged . Four years age difference, both married first time . So will it be a  problem for  me for getting visa? soon my interview will be conducted likely by September or October.

Hi my friend, I really doubt you will have trouble since no divorces, etc. My story is only to give a warning not to let them coerce and intimidate you into doing something to hurt yourself. My husband is still convinced that they can actually do something to his family (he has 4 older children) since they know where he lives and the rampant corruption in Pakistan. Looking at it from his perspective, I can't say that I blame him. One person was threatened with hanging...I just can't even imagine. 

Just don't break down and give them what they want. You will probably be fine since you are doing what they consider a marriage typical to the culture. I think they judged us on my divorces, but if my husband doesn't care, why should they? They are still living 500 years ago.

Good luck, friend!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Mallick said:

You should not have any problems.  Just relax and answer everything honestly.  

The issues that have happened in Pakistan are because of high fraud.  American women petitioning for Men who use them for visas,  Men who are already married in Pakistan taking on a second American wife in hopes of migrating family there.  This is why some of the interviews are so intense.  The ones who have the hardest time are those who have been divorced (Divorced Pakistani man petitioned by an American or a Pakistani women petitioned by a Pakistani man who was recently divorced by an American citizen and obtained his status through her).  

I don't see any red flags in your case just make sure your state laws are open to cousin marriages  and all your documents are in order.  

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

Hi my friend, I really doubt you will have trouble since no divorces, etc. My story is only to give a warning not to let them coerce and intimidate you into doing something to hurt yourself. My husband is still convinced that they can actually do something to his family (he has 4 older children) since they know where he lives and the rampant corruption in Pakistan. Looking at it from his perspective, I can't say that I blame him. One person was threatened with hanging...I just can't even imagine. 

Just don't break down and give them what they want. You will probably be fine since you are doing what they consider a marriage typical to the culture. I think they judged us on my divorces, but if my husband doesn't care, why should they? They are still living 500 years ago.

Good luck, friend!

Thanks for your motivation .it gave me so much confidence .😊

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

The issues that have happened in Pakistan are because of high fraud.  American women petitioning for Men who use them for visas,  Men who are already married in Pakistan taking on a second American wife in hopes of migrating family there.  This is why some of the interviews are so intense.  The ones who have the hardest time are those who have been divorced (Divorced Pakistani man petitioned by an American or a Pakistani women petitioned by a Pakistani man who was recently divorced by an American citizen).  

I don't see any red flags in your case just make sure your state laws are open to cousin marriages  and all your documents are in order.  

My wife is my first cousin and she lives in California. In California cousins marriage are allowed. I was so worried on this thing to in the beginning but thanks to God that her state allows cousin marriage.

6 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

The issues that have happened in Pakistan are because of high fraud.  American women petitioning for Men who use them for visas,  Men who are already married in Pakistan taking on a second American wife in hopes of migrating family there.  This is why some of the interviews are so intense.  The ones who have the hardest time are those who have been divorced (Divorced Pakistani man petitioned by an American or a Pakistani women petitioned by a Pakistani man who was recently divorced by an American citizen and obtained his status through her).  

I am quiet scared and after reading this comment :( we do have one red flag my husband is div. by usc and obtained his status through her. 

I am afraid now that what worst can happen :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.