Vholde346

Please help me stay sane

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It has been 11 months since we started this process and I still don’t have my visa. I am near the end but my anxiety and stress over this is worse than ever! 

I had my interview on the 21st and it was in AP pending my medical results, which arrived on the 3rd. It changed from AP to Ready (for interview????) on the 6th. Do I need to get in touch with them since I’ve already had my interview? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

No. Everything is fine. Those status things don't mean a lot. "Ready"  is generic for "we are out of stock phrases".  It will change to non-Immigrant at some point then issued.

It just feels like it’s taking even longer lately, idk. It’s frustrating 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi there - we are in AP processing too. And I feel like I am totally going insane - its so hard after waiting so long. OThey are verifying our marriage certificate because we were married in the Seychelles which is a random place, our interview was on the 29th. I agree it does feel like everything is taking longer lately and I do think with all the immigration hysteria, I could assume they are vetting people more or taking longer with each step of the process. Our interview date was almost exactly a year after  submitting our first documents, so 11months is on track. Anyways - wish I could provide any answers or advice but just wanted to write in solidarity. Stay strong and positive!!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, NicoleAboulanouar said:

Hi there - we are in AP processing too. And I feel like I am totally going insane - its so hard after waiting so long. OThey are verifying our marriage certificate because we were married in the Seychelles which is a random place, our interview was on the 29th. I agree it does feel like everything is taking longer lately and I do think with all the immigration hysteria, I could assume they are vetting people more or taking longer with each step of the process. Our interview date was almost exactly a year after  submitting our first documents, so 11months is on track. Anyways - wish I could provide any answers or advice but just wanted to write in solidarity. Stay strong and positive!!

I feel like a crazy person :-(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Vholde346 said:

I feel like a crazy person :-(

That is pretty normal too. But consider it was only six days ago they got your medical at the mailroom. And somebody is already working on it as evidenced by the status update. That is not really slow compared to the 8 or so months you waited for somebody to pick up your I-129F to look over. Best bet is walk away from it and quit checking if it fuels you anxiety. You get a text when it is done processing. Checking constantly does not speed it up.  Force yourself to take a 24 hour break. Work on your AOS...start reading the forums and see where people messed up so you know what to avoid. Fill out the forms. Do something...anything but obsess over CEAC status.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

That is pretty normal too. But consider it was only six days ago they got your medical at the mailroom. And somebody is already working on it as evidenced by the status update. That is not really slow compared to the 8 or so months you waited for somebody to pick up your I-129F to look over. Best bet is walk away from it and quit checking if it fuels you anxiety. You get a text when it is done processing. Checking constantly does not speed it up.  Force yourself to take a 24 hour break. Work on your AOS...start reading the forums and see where people messed up so you know what to avoid. Fill out the forms. Do something...anything but obsess over CEAC status.

I thought I’d check one last time and it has been changed to non immigrant! Finally a change! But I’ll do what you’ve said. It’s hard because my dog is already over there despite all the “don’t book anything etc etc” so I not only miss my fiancée but my god do I miss my dog lol 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Vholde346 said:

I thought I’d check one last time and it has been changed to non immigrant! Finally a change! But I’ll do what you’ve said. It’s hard because my dog is already over there despite all the “don’t book anything etc etc” so I not only miss my fiancée but my god do I miss my dog lol 

That's the clue it is ready to print. Then comes Issued. Then maybe 2 days before courier gets it and does the packaging and addressing for delivery and emails you. It is the courier who generates the email and delivery is typically the day after the email.  This is all London timeline.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

That's the clue it is ready to print. Then comes Issued. Then maybe 2 days before courier gets it and does the packaging and addressing for delivery and emails you. It is the courier who generates the email and delivery is typically the day after the email.  This is all London timeline.

Back to admin processing as the non immigrant visa, lol. I need to stop checking now 

The online status can cause serious anxiety if you pay TOO much attention to it. At this point, it is the waiting game, unfortunately. Don't let it get to you and drive you crazy....patience is key!

Good luck to you and yours.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Vholde346 said:

It has been 11 months since we started this process and I still don’t have my visa. I am near the end but my anxiety and stress over this is worse than ever! 

I had my interview on the 21st and it was in AP pending my medical results, which arrived on the 3rd. It changed from AP to Ready (for interview????) on the 6th. Do I need to get in touch with them since I’ve already had my interview? 

Keep in mind there was a US holiday last week also (4th of July), which sounds as though happened to be the day after your medical results arrived. 4th of July week is a high vacation week in the US, so that tends to slow things down in most offices.

My husband's medical was on Feb 22 (a Thursday), medical papers arrived the following Tuesday, and he got his visa on March 5th (the next Monday). It can take a solid week, give or take, for it to update. And as others said - the "Ready" status does not mean much. I think my husband's changed to "issued" the day before he got the visa in the mail, but I can't remember.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Vholde346 said:

Back to admin processing as the non immigrant visa, lol. I need to stop checking now 

I told you that two checks ago...or ten by now. 😂

It flips back and forth. You won't miss anything because you get an email. Each country is different in how they Update and when they send out, but I have given you London info of typical events. You will have it this week. Maybe Thursday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hey everyone,

So we got our K-1 visa approved back in January of this year and we went through so much DRAMA that we created a blog to help others. 

https://chicagomeetshavana.com 

We wrote some helpful articles on visas, love, and travel that you may find helpful. 

We already created a visa support group for people in the visa process on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicagomeetshavanavisatribe

The support group has be super helpful since people are able to ask questions in a safe, space area and also share their approvals (exciting times!). 

Anyways, these immigration processes are NOT easy and are HELLA stressful. Just wanted to let ya'll know you're not alone in this. You can do this! 

Also, we're in the process of AOS (Adjustment of Status a.k.a. green card application), and it sucks....more waiting...WAAAAAY more money spent.

If you're wondering about that process since it's up next after the K1, we have a FREE document if you want to submit all the paperwork yourself without paying a lawyer a redic amount of money. Just type on "aos" to our Facebook Messenger bot and you'll get the download for free. https://m.me/chicagomeetshavana 

We don't get paid from our blog or anything. We seriously just created it out of utter frustration and to help others. Let's stick together because this process is not easy AT ALL. 

Sincerely,

~Ari

5b520b3eb8931_CMHlogo400x400.png.f01253de7b3f9a2ca5955591a0700cbd.png

Share this blog with those going through the adjustment of status immigration journey! https://chicagomeetshavana.com 

We’ve got a new, safe-space community on Facebook. Join our Chicagomeetshavana Visa Tribe here.

If this already stresses you out, then you won't like the AOS stage where it takes nearly 5-6 months before people receive their work permit and advance parole and where it takes for a lot of people over a year to adjust status successfully and you just sit in the dark. 

It's a really frustrating process. I found myself checking CEAC too many times, too, before and after approval. Same in the AOS stage, which I really hated. The key really is to keep yourself occupied and try not to stress about the process. If anything is wrong, they will contact you ASAP. If not, no news is good news, is how I try to think. 

Edited by Dutchster

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.