200 posts in this topic

Hello! I am another July AOS filer who just discover this forum!

I filed my I-130 in May and then I applied for AOS in July. The National Benefits Center is processing my case

I recently received my Courtesy letter and the status of my AOS changed to "Case is ready to schedule an interview", do you know if I will receive soon my EAD or my Appointment for the interview?

Here is my timeline:

Feb 17 Married to an USC in Spain

May 16 - I-130 Received by USCIS
May 22 - NOA for I-130 Received

Jul 11 - AOS + EAD + AP Received by USCIS
Jul 18 - 3 NOAs Received 
Jul 25 - Appointment for biometrics received
Aug 1 - RFE for I-485 was mailed (I filed an old version of I-485)

Aug 8 - Appoinment for biometrics
Aug 10 - I changed my address from Delaware to Virginia
Aug 15 - Response to RFE received by USCIS
Aug 24 - Courtesy letter about I-693 received
Aud 24 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Edited by Emaillo
Missing information

3 minutes ago, Emaillo said:

Hello! I am another July AOS filer who just discover this forum!

I filed my I-130 in May and then I applied for AOS in July. The National Benefits Center is processing my case

I recently received my Courtesy letter and the status of my AOS changed to "Case is ready to schedule an interview", do you know if I will receive soon my EAD or my Appointment for the interview?

Here is my timeline:

May 22 - NOA for I-130 Received

Jul 11 - AOS + EAD + AP Received by USCIS
Jul 18 - 3 NOAs Received 
Aug 1 - RFE for I-485 was mailed (I filed an old version of I-485)

Aug 15 - Response to RFE received by USCIS
Aud 24 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Hey @Emaillo! Welcome!

'Ready to be scheduled for interview' means that your case is in a queue waiting for an interview appointment at your field office. How long it takes from here really depends on the backlog at the local office; in some cases you might be looking at 6 - 12 months or even more, others might only be weeks.

You should get another USCIS notification: "Interview was scheduled" when your interview notice is in the mail (although the trackers aren't always 100% reliable).

Based on current EAD adjudication history on VJ, your EAD will take a few more months to process - they're taking roughly 4.5 - 5.5 months at present

Fingers crossed that you get your interview date soon! 🤞

2 hours ago, alol said:

Hey @Emaillo! Welcome!

'Ready to be scheduled for interview' means that your case is in a queue waiting for an interview appointment at your field office. How long it takes from here really depends on the backlog at the local office; in some cases you might be looking at 6 - 12 months or even more, others might only be weeks.

You should get another USCIS notification: "Interview was scheduled" when your interview notice is in the mail (although the trackers aren't always 100% reliable).

Based on current EAD adjudication history on VJ, your EAD will take a few more months to process - they're taking roughly 4.5 - 5.5 months at present

Fingers crossed that you get your interview date soon! 🤞

Thank you @alol !

So then, maybe I will not receive any news in a few months right? 
The status for the EAD is "Case was received" it has not changed since the begining. Is this normal? What is supposed to be the next status for that?

Yeah! Fingers crossed haha

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, Emaillo said:

Thank you @alol !

The status for the EAD is "Case was received" it has not changed since the begining. Is this normal? What is supposed to be the next status for that?

Hi! 

My interview has already been scheduled and my 765 says case received still :)

35 minutes ago, Emaillo said:

Thank you @alol !

Sadly yes, it could be a little while before there is more news, but keeping on the bright side, quite a few people seem to get interviews quickly, so there's always a chance!

I think the 'normal' next step in the i-765 is to have its status change to "Fingerprint review was completed" and then when the card is going to be shipped "Card is being produced". Given the delays to EADs at the moment, I don't think it's at all abnormal for the EAD to be stuck on "Case was received". 

As is evidenced by @GreyhoundMom88's case, the i-765 and i-485 cases are processed independently and (especially with the recent slowing of EADs) it's not uncommon for people to have their green card in hand before any action is taken on their EAD application!

Edited by alol

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Just to share my experience.

I filed my application in May, my EAD and AP (i-765 & I-131) status always stayed "Case was received"

I had my interview on Aug 23rd (approved on spot) and the next day my EAD and AP status changed to "Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means" 

• Feb 17 2018 - Arrived USA with B2-Tourist Visa
  • Apr 01 2018 - US Citizen Boyfriend proposed
  • Apr 18 2018 - Got Married in Montana, USA
  • May 15 2018 - Mailed out USCIS applications (I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) to Chicago Lockbox
  • (Day 1) May 16 2018 - Mail arrived Chicago Lockbox (confirmed by USPS) 
  • (Day 19) Jun 04 2018 - Received email & SMS notification - case received (All money orders being cashed on this day)
  • (Day 24) Jun 09 2018 - Received all receipts (NOA) from USCIS, also the Biometrics Appointment letter (Appointment date: Jun 18) 
  • (Day 33) Jun 18 2018 - Arrived Helena ASC at 9.15am (Appointment at 10am), finished at 9.35am (Yea it was super quick!)
  • (Day 35) Jun 20 2018 - Received SMS & Email notification request for evidence for my I-485
  • (Day 40) Jun 25 2018 - Courtesy letter for I-693 (Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record) received
  • (Day 61) Jul 16 2018 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
  • (Day 64) Jul 19 2018 -  Case status of I-485 changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"
  • (Day 71) Jul 26 2018 - Interview notice received (Interview scheduled on Aug 23 - 9.50AM)
  • (Day 99) Aug 23 2018 - Interview approved on the spot! Yay! 🎉  I-485 status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced”,
  • (Day 100) Aug 24 2018 - I-131 & I-765 status changed to “Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means”
  • (Day 107) Aug 31 2018 - I-485 status changed to “Card Was Mailed To Me”
  • (Day 111) Sep 04 2018 - I-485 status changed "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service"
  • (Day 113) Sep 06 2018 - Conditional Green Card Received!
  • May 23 2020 - Mailed out I-751
  • May 29 2020 - Received email & SMS notification - case received
  • June 1 2020 - Money order being cashed
  • July 15 2020 - status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” 
  • Feb 16 2021 - Status changed to “New Card is being Produce”
  • Feb 19 2021 - Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • Feb 24 2021 - New card received in the mail!
  • Feb 24 2023 - Filed N-400 online
  • Mar 11 2023 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter in mail (Appointment date: Mar 20)
  • Mar 20 2023 - Case status changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS"
  • Apr 04 2023 - Received online update "Interview Was Scheduled" (May 23)
  • May 23 2023 - Interview Passed on the spot
  • Oct 26 2023 - Status changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" (on Nov 9th)

http://pa1.narvii.com/5800/c9829514dbe031b3b25782c40cae78c189bfc3ab_00.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
20 hours ago, ttjewell said:

Completed my biometrics yesterday.....and now we wait! 

I woke up to a text and email from USCIS saying case is ready to  be scheduled for an interview just one day after my biometrics was completed. I’m hoping the Detroit field office moves quickly. 

Any other July filers get their updates?

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, ttjewell said:

I woke up to a text and email from USCIS saying case is ready to  be scheduled for an interview just one day after my biometrics was completed. I’m hoping the Detroit field office moves quickly. 

Any other July filers get their updates?

no, sadly. still at "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time".

good luck with yours!

N-400

04-13-2022: Applied online; case received

04-15-2022: Biometric reused; case being actively reviewed

12-09-2022: Interview scheduled for 01-20-2023

01-20-2023: Recommended for approval, Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

01-23-2023: Oath ceremony scheduled for 02-16-2023

02-16-2023: Oath taken, naturalized, journey OVER!!

RoC

04-14-2021: Package mailed

04-16-2021: Package delivered

05-04-2021: Text received (LIN)

05-05-2021: Check cashed

05-07-2021: I-797 received , GC extended by 18 months

05-28-2021: Biometrics waived -|- Case updated to Fingerprints taken
06-04-2021: Biometrics letter received (dated 05-28-2021)

05-10-2022: New card being produced

05-11-2022: Case approved

05-12-2022: Card mailed

05-16-2022: Card received; also received approval notice letter

Marriage based AoS
07-14-2018: Priority date
07-31-2018: Biometric review complete
07-31-2018: RFIE (I-864 related)
11-29-2018: Case ready for interview; EAD card being produced
06-04-2019: Interview scheduled
07-11-2019: Interview; new card being produced

07-18-2019: Card delivered

Hey everyone! Just did my fingerprints today!

Met a girl who married on B visa, she did her interview today. She said it took her 3 years to get her interview at our HI field office! She blames it on her brother who came to the states before her 😂. She brought her son to the interview and they took her passport. She didn’t get a “congratulations you’re getting your green card”. I don’t know they can take your passport at the interview.

Hope you all get your updates soon! 

Edited by EducatedByAnimals

📊 I-751 February Filers Google Sheet 📅
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVymNvhlk1PMq-cTmX7MAvC6bHOwZEL58N-XNe2yq0g/edit?usp=sharing

🇺🇸 N-400 Info for Taiwan 🇹🇼
A USA citizenship applicant who was born in Taiwan may indicate Taiwan as the country of birth on their Form N-400 if he or she shows supporting evidence. Such applicants’ Certificates of Citizenship are issued showing Taiwan as country of birth. USCIS does not issue certificates showing “Taiwan, PRC,” “Taiwan, China,” “Taiwan, Republic of China,” or “Taiwan, ROC.” People’s Republic of China (PRC) is the country name used for applicants born in the PRC. (see USCIS reference: part K chapter 2 footnote 4)

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys, news anyone?

my case is finally 'Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview' but no news about EAD yet ;-/

Timeline:  

16-JUL-2018 - Mailed AOS package (130/130A/485/864/765) - DAY1

26-JUL-2018 - Checks cashed-in and e-notifications received - DAY11

31-JUL-2018 - NOAs (hardcopies) received in mail - DAY16

03-AUG-2018 - Biometric invitation received in mail - DAY19

16-AUG-2018 - Biometric appointment DAY32

09-AUF-2018 - RFE

05-SEP-2018 - USCIS received submission for RFE

12-SEP-2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

02-NOV-2018 - EAD approved (email notice)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, oceaninspired said:

Hey guys, news anyone?

my case is finally 'Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview' but no news about EAD yet ;-/

The news here is I bought our tickets to fly from Taipei to Tucson, AZ. We depart on December 20.

I cannot comment on your message because I don't know what "EAD" is...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks! I just checked my USCIS account today and I had a great surprise!! The status for my EAD and AP changed on Oct-18th (last thursday) to "Case was Approved" I have also in my EAD case history "New card is being produced", so I hope to receive my EAD and AP in the following weeks :D

So I guess your Authorizations will be ready soon too! I'm looking forward to hear news about you

My timeline:

May 22 - NOA for I-130 Received

Jul 11 - AOS + EAD + AP Received by USCIS
Jul 18 - 3 NOAs Received 
Aug 1 - RFE for I-485 was mailed (I filed an old version of I-485)

Aug 15 - Response to RFE received by USCIS
Aug 24 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Oct 18 - Case was approved (for I-131 and I-765)
Oct 18 - New Card is Being Produced (For I-765)

Edited by Emaillo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Emaillo said:

Hey folks! I just checked my USCIS account today and I had a great surprise!! The status for my EAD and AP changed on Oct-18th (last thursday) to "Case was Approved" I have also in my EAD case history "New card is being produced", so I hope to receive my EAD and AP in the following weeks :D

So I guess your Authorizations will be ready soon too! I'm looking forward to hear news about you

My timeline:

Jul 18 - 3 NOAs Received 

That’s great news congratulations. I’m 2 weeks behind you in the process so fingers crossed it comes soon. 

2 hours ago, Emaillo said:

My timeline:

Jul 18 - 3 NOAs Received 

Hey - we have the same anniversary :) 

Congrats on getting your EAD so quickly! We filed 9 days after you, so fingers crossed I get mine soon, too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.