200 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
18 hours ago, alol said:

Me and my wife have been away for a few days & my official NOAs arrived and also my biometrics appointment notice arrived while we were away. The biometrics appointment is scheduled for next week, the 14th of August (lucky, because I'm away on business from the 15th!)

Great to see such quick progress for some people here!

you can always do an early walk-in too, if your schedule allows. most ASCs are cool with walk ins.

N-400

04-13-2022: Applied online; case received

04-15-2022: Biometric reused; case being actively reviewed

12-09-2022: Interview scheduled for 01-20-2023

01-20-2023: Recommended for approval, Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

01-23-2023: Oath ceremony scheduled for 02-16-2023

02-16-2023: Oath taken, naturalized, journey OVER!!

RoC

04-14-2021: Package mailed

04-16-2021: Package delivered

05-04-2021: Text received (LIN)

05-05-2021: Check cashed

05-07-2021: I-797 received , GC extended by 18 months

05-28-2021: Biometrics waived -|- Case updated to Fingerprints taken
06-04-2021: Biometrics letter received (dated 05-28-2021)

05-10-2022: New card being produced

05-11-2022: Case approved

05-12-2022: Card mailed

05-16-2022: Card received; also received approval notice letter

Marriage based AoS
07-14-2018: Priority date
07-31-2018: Biometric review complete
07-31-2018: RFIE (I-864 related)
11-29-2018: Case ready for interview; EAD card being produced
06-04-2019: Interview scheduled
07-11-2019: Interview; new card being produced

07-18-2019: Card delivered

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Here’s my timeline. Applying through marriage AOS from F-1. 

July 2: notice that package was received 

July 19: notice of biometrics

August 2: Biometrics appt

August 7: Interview ready to be scheduled 

I-130 and I-765 still say case was received. I read on some other forums that some people got the GC before EAD since there are such long delays. Our field office is Cincinnati. Anyone have any ideas how long until they schedule the interview? My friend in NY has had that on her case since June 2017 and still no interview. However NY is way busier than Cincy. I’ve seen other people waiting only a month before it’s scheduled. 

This process is draining!!!

7 hours ago, elmers said:

you can always do an early walk-in too, if your schedule allows. most ASCs are cool with walk ins.

Yeah, it seems like most people have had success with early walk-ins. If I had more free time this week I probably would, too!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

On Friday we received our receipts in the mail. Our PD is July 31st. Waiting now on biometrics appointment letter.

July 30th - Posted package. 

August 1st - Package received in Chicago 

August 7th - USCIS text/email received confirmation, cheque cashed. 

August 10th - received receipts in the mail. 

Just had my biometrics appointment at the Tukwila (Seattle) Support Center. Really quick and very much painless, the people I interacted with were all lovely. Anyway, now awaiting an update on my i-485. I'll post my current timeline once that's done.

Hope everyone's cases are progressing well :)

Edited by alol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 7/6/2018 at 6:24 PM, EducatedByAnimals said:

Hi there!

I've noticed that no one opened a discussion for July 2018 AOS filers, so I decided to do it. Since we're all going to be anxious, why not share and experience the anxiety with the online community? HA!

Let me start by sharing a few things about me. I'm a veterinarian in my home country and my husband is a physician. One day my "then-fiance-now-husband" surprised me with a visit to the county office to get a marriage license! After a week we got married by a retired judge, it was a very simple and  sweet ceremony and I've never been happier in my life. I'm currently a homemaker/housewife and I spend some time volunteering at the local animal shelter when I'm not busy studying for my USA vet boards. I do reccomend finding something to during the wait, it will definitely help with the anxiety.  

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for sharing! Are you volunteering while waiting for your EAD? I just arrived in the states a few days ago, we’re gonna get married next month but I want something to do while waiting for EAD. I just wanna make sure I don’t get any trouble later in the process. I was also thinking bout volunteering in an animal- and/or homeless shelter.

On 8/15/2018 at 2:02 AM, C90 said:

Thanks for sharing! Are you volunteering while waiting for your EAD? I just arrived in the states a few days ago, we’re gonna get married next month but I want something to do while waiting for EAD. I just wanna make sure I don’t get any trouble later in the process. I was also thinking bout volunteering in an animal- and/or homeless shelter.

Hiiiiii 

volunteering is fine as long as your not paid. The shelter or center will probably ask you to sign a volunteering agreement saying that this is not a paid position, just volunteering and gaining experience. I think that itself is enough explaination if you ever get questions.

Plus, volunteering is a good thing and highly encouraged in the states. As long as you’re not paid, I doubt there will be any problems. 

📊 I-751 February Filers Google Sheet 📅
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVymNvhlk1PMq-cTmX7MAvC6bHOwZEL58N-XNe2yq0g/edit?usp=sharing

🇺🇸 N-400 Info for Taiwan 🇹🇼
A USA citizenship applicant who was born in Taiwan may indicate Taiwan as the country of birth on their Form N-400 if he or she shows supporting evidence. Such applicants’ Certificates of Citizenship are issued showing Taiwan as country of birth. USCIS does not issue certificates showing “Taiwan, PRC,” “Taiwan, China,” “Taiwan, Republic of China,” or “Taiwan, ROC.” People’s Republic of China (PRC) is the country name used for applicants born in the PRC. (see USCIS reference: part K chapter 2 footnote 4)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey everyone! 

I hope everyone is managing to get through the wait for their next steps. Today I got my biometrics appointment in the mail for the week after next. How are other July filers doing?

July 30th - Posted package. 

August 1st - Package received in Chicago 

August 7th - USCIS text/email received confirmation, cheque cashed. 

August 10th - received receipts in the mail. 

August 17th - received biometrics notice in the mail for next week.

•  
Edited by ttjewell

Just got an electronic notification that my case is ready to be scheduled for interview.

So here's my timeline:

July 12th - Mailed package to Chicago lockbox

July 16th - Package received in Chicago

July 24th - Checks cashed in the morning & received electronic notifications in the evening

July 29th - Received Paper copies of receipts

August 3rd - Received biometrics appointment notice

August 14th - Biometrics appointment

August 17th - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

Timeline

We got notification today that an interview was scheduled!!!! Way faster than I thought. And I have a promising job lead. Things are falling into place :)

June 30th: sent AOS packet (from F-1: I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-693 sent already)

July 2: packet delivered 

July 7: received Notice of acceptance for all three 

Aug. 2: Biometrics completed

Aug. 7: Interview ready to be scheduled 

Aug. 9: Fingerprint Review complete 

Aug. 24: Interview has been scheduled (!!!!!!). Waiting for notice in mail to see when it is scheduled. 

We’re based out of Cincinnati. National benefits Center handled ours. We did NOT use a lawyer, but consulted with one prior to sending everything in. 

So happy! 

Filed: Timeline
10 minutes ago, GreyhoundMom88 said:

We got notification today that an interview was scheduled!!!! Way faster than I thought. And I have a promising job lead. Things are falling into place :)

June 30th: sent AOS packet (from F-1: I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-693 sent already)

Aug. 24: Interview has been scheduled (!!!!!!). Waiting for notice in mail to see when it is scheduled. 

We’re based out of Cincinnati. National benefits Center handled ours. We did NOT use a lawyer, but consulted with one prior to sending everything in. 

So happy! 

That is crazy fast! Congrats, and hope all goes well.

N-400

04-13-2022: Applied online; case received

04-15-2022: Biometric reused; case being actively reviewed

12-09-2022: Interview scheduled for 01-20-2023

01-20-2023: Recommended for approval, Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

01-23-2023: Oath ceremony scheduled for 02-16-2023

02-16-2023: Oath taken, naturalized, journey OVER!!

RoC

04-14-2021: Package mailed

04-16-2021: Package delivered

05-04-2021: Text received (LIN)

05-05-2021: Check cashed

05-07-2021: I-797 received , GC extended by 18 months

05-28-2021: Biometrics waived -|- Case updated to Fingerprints taken
06-04-2021: Biometrics letter received (dated 05-28-2021)

05-10-2022: New card being produced

05-11-2022: Case approved

05-12-2022: Card mailed

05-16-2022: Card received; also received approval notice letter

Marriage based AoS
07-14-2018: Priority date
07-31-2018: Biometric review complete
07-31-2018: RFIE (I-864 related)
11-29-2018: Case ready for interview; EAD card being produced
06-04-2019: Interview scheduled
07-11-2019: Interview; new card being produced

07-18-2019: Card delivered

Timeline
7 minutes ago, elmers said:

That is crazy fast! Congrats, and hope all goes well.

Thank you!!! I believe Cincinnati has a low volume of cases thank goodness. 

On 8/24/2018 at 7:39 PM, GreyhoundMom88 said:

So happy! 

That really is quick! Congratulations! Please let us know when your interview is when you receive your notice, and keep us updated!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.