Blue Bianchi

US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits

25 posts in this topic

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Some immigrant U.S. Army reservists and recruits who enlisted in the military with a promised path to citizenship are being abruptly discharged, the Associated Press has learned.

The AP was unable to quantify how many men and women who enlisted through the special recruitment program have been booted from the Army, but immigration attorneys say they know of more than 40 who have been discharged or whose status has become questionable, jeopardizing their futures.

“It was my dream to serve in the military,” said reservist Lucas Calixto, a Brazilian immigrant who filed a lawsuit against the Army last week. “Since this country has been so good to me, I thought it was the least I could do to give back to my adopted country and serve in the United States military.”

https://apnews.com/38334c4d061e493fb108bd975b5a1a5d

Blue Bianchi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

01/08/2020 Day 00 - Submitted N-400 online

01/11/2020 Day 03 - Received NOA online, Priority Date January 8, 2020

01/14/2020 Day 06 - Received notice of Biometrics appointment online.

01/31/2020 Day 20 - Biometrics Appointment (scheduled)
07/08/2020 Day 183 - Received online notice of citizenship interview 
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship interview
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship Oath (Same day as interview!)

8 minutes ago, Blue Bianchi said:

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Some immigrant U.S. Army reservists and recruits who enlisted in the military with a promised path to citizenship are being abruptly discharged, the Associated Press has learned.

The AP was unable to quantify how many men and women who enlisted through the special recruitment program have been booted from the Army, but immigration attorneys say they know of more than 40 who have been discharged or whose status has become questionable, jeopardizing their futures.

“It was my dream to serve in the military,” said reservist Lucas Calixto, a Brazilian immigrant who filed a lawsuit against the Army last week. “Since this country has been so good to me, I thought it was the least I could do to give back to my adopted country and serve in the United States military.”

Its a very small small percentage and its soldiers that have not been to basic yet and had background check problems.

More two scoops of ice cream 

And the article is clear in stating

But, by 2016, the military had identified security threats within the program. In response, they stopped accepting new recruits, and those already enlisted, like John, were subjected to increased, lengthy vetting. The result? He might be waiting 

seems to me a prudent response, sacrifice security to not seem mean is a better response?

On 7/6/2018 at 11:57 AM, Blue Bianchi said:

The vast majority of these guys haven't even been to Basic training yet so yes technically they are enlisted but in reality they have not gone through boot camp yet so they aren't enlisted.

Another nothing story about nothing to feed the low information thinker. In other words Trump is Racist.

There is zero of substance to attack him on. The country has done a 180 faster than a fighter jet.

So let's throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. 2 scoops of ice cream 

12 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Another nothing story about nothing to feed the low information thinker. In other words Trump is Racist.

There is zero of substance to attack him on. The country has done a 180 faster than a fighter jet.

So let's throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. 2 scoops of ice cream 

There's nothing about Trump even in the article. You guys are losing it!

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

12 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Quite correct and the dates listed all occurwd prior to Trump, the funny part is the article is current and leads the casual reader to assume its current policy not reflective of events that occured 2-4 years ago

37 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

Quite correct and the dates listed all occurwd prior to Trump, the funny part is the article is current and leads the casual reader to assume its current policy not reflective of events that occured 2-4 years ago

Sort of like the situation with illegal aliens being separated from their parents.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: Timeline

It's due to Obama's end-run around Congress with DACA.  The people trying to get into the military who are DACA do not meet the requirements of the other program which offers legal immigrants a path to citizenship. Trying to mix the two groups had caused confusion and an impossible situation for some.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Satisfied said:

It's due to Obama's end-run around Congress with DACA.  The people trying to get into the military who are DACA do not meet the requirements of the other program which offers legal immigrants a path to citizenship. Trying to mix the two groups had caused confusion and an impossible situation for some.

And you know this how?

11 hours ago, Satisfied said:

The US Military allows non US citizens who have never set foot in the USA to join, depending on what country you are from.

My wife Uncle joined the US Navy many years ago, he lived in Philippines and he had never been to the USA, he retired as a US Citizen and all his kids are US Citizens living in Philippines, he get a very large retirement check each month and has a house in a private subdivision in Philippines that is pretty impressive that sits on about 2 acres.

My brother in law from Palau joined the US Military a couple years ago, he had never set foot in the USA, they sent him to basic training in North Carolina area......

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

Kind of a biased media tactic?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, Rob and Cheryl said:

And you know this how?

Because I pay attention to what is going on in the military.  It has been discussed here before.  Hence NB saying this is nothing new.

34 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

The US Military allows non US citizens who have never set foot in the USA to join, depending on what country you are from.

My wife Uncle joined the US Navy many years ago, he lived in Philippines and he had never been to the USA, he retired as a US Citizen and all his kids are US Citizens living in Philippines, he get a very large retirement check each month and has a house in a private subdivision in Philippines that is pretty impressive that sits on about 2 acres.

My brother in law from Palau joined the US Military a couple years ago, he had never set foot in the USA, they sent him to basic training in North Carolina area......

Yes, I know all of this to be true.  Thank you for backing me up!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

The stable genius trait is rubbing off on the maga'ters. The all now play 3d chess and get that the connection between the Donald and Fringe right behavior is hanging in the wings for any story.