Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

No, the beneficiary is the one that MUST submit the DS-160 from their country. Once it is submitted the following page will be your receipt with barcode and you should print it.  Anyway you look at it the beneficiary must do the completion.

Other people can assist you with your visa application. Note that under U.S. law (22 C.F.R. 41.103) you must electronically sign and submit your own application unless you qualify for an exemption. Even if someone else helped you complete the application, you (the applicant) must click the “Sign Application” button, or your application may not be accepted.  (application = DS-160)

From <https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/>

Signature. The Form DS-160 shall be signed electronically by clicking the box designated "Sign Application" in the certification section of the application. This electronic signature attests to the applicant's familiarity with and intent to be bound by all statements in the NIV application under penalty of perjury. Alternatively, except as provided in paragraph (a)(2) of this section, the Form DS-156 shall be signed by the applicant, with intent to be bound by all statement in the NIV application under penalty of perjury.

From <https://definitions.uslegal.com/f/form-ds-160/>

I'm trying to figure out why HE must print it for YOU? From what I see you seem to be able to handle the workings of a computer.

Question. Is the form D-160 accessable to both of us? I thought we can save and go back to when you are ready to submit it. I was thinking(as a petitioner) I’d log in and start filling out the form and save it for him. And when he’s ready to print it out he can login and sign it and print it. I’m not familiar with the form since I’m not there yet. But just preparing myself. Do you think that’s possible? Because I won’t be there physically to assist him. My other option is to do video chat and guide him through it. 

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Joulie & Victor said:

Question. Is the form D-160 accessable to both of us? I thought we can save and go back to when you are ready to submit it. I was thinking(as a petitioner) I’d log in and start filling out the form and save it for him. And when he’s ready to print it out he can login and sign it and print it. I’m not familiar with the form since I’m not there yet. But just preparing myself. Do you think that’s possible? Because I won’t be there physically to assist him. My other option is to do video chat and guide him through it. 

Yes, the DS-160 can be accessed by both the Petitioner and the Beneficiary.   You will both need to know the Application ID number and answers to the security questions.   The application will remain "active" for 30 days, but can also be "downloaded" and then "uploaded" at a later date.

Everything you state above is correct.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
8 hours ago, Hello729 said:

Thanks @Greenbaum!  This is what we are thinking:  the petitioner would complete the ds-160, and then print it out.  After that, the petitioner would copy the bar code page and mail to the beneficiary to take it to the interviewing embassy.  Do you think this would work?  

Yes this will work.     The petitioner may fill in the DS-160, but the beneficiary must perform the final electronic submission.   Both the Petitioner and the Beneficiary are able to access the form using the Application ID and answers to the security questions.   The DS-160 may be printed prior to submission for personal records (a hard copy is not required or asked for by the Embassy or anyone else.).  Once the DS-160 is electronically submitted, the application contents will no longer be accessible to either the beneficiary or petitioner.   Post submission, only the submission confirmation page with barcode will be accessible to the beneficiary and petitioner.   Typically the Embassy will ask for a copy of the submission confirmation barcode page as you mention.    

If the beneficiary has no practical way of printing the confirmation page, the petitioner will be able to access it and print it after submission of the form by the beneficiary by accessing the DS-160 with the application id and answers to the security questions.    This is exactly what I will also be doing for the reason stated above.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, JoelThai said:

Preparing for Packet 3 is an important step.   While you and I may be well prepared for Packet 3, for those who are not, this is an excellent time for them to be working on meeting its requirements.   We need to keep in mind that not everyone here are VJ veterans and they may ask questions in the "wrong" place, but that being said, if we are able to help them, regardless of where they ask for help, then we should.   

I believe this thread is "used to the best possible effect" by helping people who need assistance.    Yes, ideally most answers can be found using the search function of VJ, but many have difficulty doing so.   Personally I am a search ninja, but I know most are not.     @Greenbaum should be commended on his efforts to help people who ask for his help with Packet 3, in this thread or any thread.   :thumbs: 

Hi there, 

I respect and fully understand what your saying. I actually used the UK’s sub forum to research more. I understand that packet 3 is key at this point but it’s just becoming spam now as it’s been posted so many times the same information. It’s just my opinion.

I’m going to transition from this thread onto the UK’s sub forum for the remainder of my waiting period. I’m sure so many people appreciate @Greenbaum

Good luck everyone for the final steps of your K1! 

Jon 🍀

Edited by jakejon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
46 minutes ago, jakejon said:

I’m going to transition from this thread onto the UK’s sub forum for the remainder of my waiting period.

No... I cant have my buddy leave! Theres no active Dutch threads here so I have no where to go but this topic :(

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Timeline

Just called the dr here in the Netherlands and scheduled my medical for august 2nd :dance:

They didn't ask for a case number or interview date. Just my name, telephone number, date of birth and place of residence.

Hopefully the consulate will receive our case soon so I can schedule the interview.

We had hoped on august 25 as our wedding date. If things keep moving as fast as this it might still be possible. *fingers crossed*

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

08.02.2018 medical

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

01.28.2019 AOS approved

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

So we have made a mistake when submitting the DS160. My fiance (the petitioner) prepared the form (which I know is ok) but he also clicked the "send" button, which I am now learning is a nono. 

I have searched for the topic on VJ with people making the same mistake, and they have been advised just to complete another ds160 and have the beneficiary signed.

Can I do that also? (won't the embassy see two forms with the same person, or it wouldn't matter since I will print out the confirmation of the one I signed?)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

You have to print the conformation page that holds the barcode.  I understand they will look up the form that belongs to that barcode that you give them.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

08.02.2018 medical

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

01.28.2019 AOS approved

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

2 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

You have to print the conformation page that holds the barcode.  I understand they will look up the form that belongs to that barcode that you give them.

That is my thinking also,I just wasn't sure if it will be a problem if they search by name and find two forms with the same name submitted. I emailed my embassy just now to make sure it's ok to submit another one.

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline
3 minutes ago, NIkandDonnie said:

I emailed my embassy just now to make sure it's ok to submit another one.

Great idea. Please let us know what they said!

I just emailed the embassy/consulate in the Netherlands to notify them of my change of (physical) address. They mailed me back within minutes to say they'd contact me though email.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

08.02.2018 medical

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

01.28.2019 AOS approved

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

8 hours ago, JoelThai said:

Here is one possible scenario why he may wish to print it....    It may just be easier for them to do it this way, even though it may seem more complicated to us because we are not knowledgeable of the details of the individuals circumstances.

In my situation my beneficiary has access to a Chromebook Laptop I left with her, but no convenient way to print hard copies.   Because her computer experience is limited and prone to errors, our plan is that I (the petitioner) will prepare the DS-160 (as permitted), but my beneficiary will perform the electronic submission (as required).   After the form is summited, the confirmation page can later be accessed by either the petitioner (me) and/or the beneficiary (her) at a later time.    

In my case, my beneficiary does not have easy access to a printer, so I will be printing the confirmation page and also assembling most of the Packet 3 documentation (we already have 95% complete and in my possession).  She will then forward everything to the Embassy and I will know everything is in proper order.  

There are many solutions to printing a document in someone's home country. There are print shops and internet cafe's in most medium to large cities. My wife, who is from the Philippines experienced the same thing but she went about looking and did find a solution to allow her to print documents and forms necessary for the interview. If you desire something bad enough, you'll find a way. I'm just saying. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 hours ago, JoelThai said:

Preparing for Packet 3 is an important step.   While you and I may be well prepared for Packet 3, for those who are not, this is an excellent time for them to be working on meeting its requirements.   We need to keep in mind that not everyone here are VJ veterans and they may ask questions in the "wrong" place, but that being said, if we are able to help them, regardless of where they ask for help, then we should.   

I believe this thread is "used to the best possible effect" by helping people who need assistance.    Yes, ideally most answers can be found using the search function of VJ, but many have difficulty doing so.   Personally I am a search ninja, but I know most are not.     @Greenbaum should be commended on his efforts to help people who ask for his help with Packet 3, in this thread or any thread.   :thumbs: 

I agree whole hardly with your remarks. My observation is "it's easier to ask then do the work" is my bone of contention. You have been following this thread for some time now and you have seen the P3 posted to help others get a leg up on the time it takes to process. Just cutting the time by a week or two is well received I am sure within this community especially for those who have waited over 200 plus days. I feel your pain. I have been there and done that. But to not help yourself by reading each tab as you go along and cut and paste the answer that was given to someone else so you may use it when it becomes "your turn" just boggles my mind.  It's what answers the "I know I have seen this before" or "I know this has been asked before" questions.  I just wish some would understand appreciate the time one puts into answering their questions and I am not looking for praise I'm looking to bestow credit to them that they are looking for the answer on their own. There are so many tools on VJ and to not use them or become familiar with them is short of a disaster waiting to happen. Because if no one was here answering questions where would the couple find their answers? (rhetorical question).  The was a couple on one of the NOA2---> NVC threads that there wasn't much information out there for their country. There wasn't a sub-forum that had the answer but they went to the sub-forum for their region and started a thread specifically for their country. Now they have a half a dozen or more participating and they are helping each other. That's what I appreciate. It's time for me to get off the soap box and move on. Thanks for your time and input on this subject. I enjoy the debate and solving the problems. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, NIkandDonnie said:

So we have made a mistake when submitting the DS160. My fiance (the petitioner) prepared the form (which I know is ok) but he also clicked the "send" button, which I am now learning is a nono. 

I have searched for the topic on VJ with people making the same mistake, and they have been advised just to complete another ds160 and have the beneficiary signed.

Can I do that also? (won't the embassy see two forms with the same person, or it wouldn't matter since I will print out the confirmation of the one I signed?)

The CO does not see the other DS-160 if you have completed more than one. They use the barcode (the one you will present at your interview) to the one you want them to see. So YES you complete another one and the beneficiary is the one to submit.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

@Little_Vixen We were able to schedule my fiance's medical today as well! I love that you're hoping for Aug 25 as your wedding date....I was hoping for somewhere around then as well, pending flight fares of course, so this give me hope!!! Team Nederland!

Also,  I just want everyone to know that @Little_Vixen is awesome and took the time to basically write me a detailed brochure to some questions I asked her.  :) Many thanks again!

K1 VISA

NOA1 - Dec 12

NOA2 - June 29

Visa in hand - Sept 22

POE - Sept 25 

Marriage - Oct 6 🥂

AOS

Packet Sent - Nov 5, 2018

NOA1 - Nov 9, 2018

NOA1 Received in mail - Nov 16, 2018

EAD Card Approved - June 4, 2019

Timeline
4 minutes ago, vaksurik said:

@Little_Vixen We were able to schedule my fiance's medical today as well! I love that you're hoping for Aug 25 as your wedding date....I was hoping for somewhere around then as well, pending flight fares of course, so this give me hope!!! Team Nederland!

Also,  I just want everyone to know that @Little_Vixen is awesome and took the time to basically write me a detailed brochure to some questions I asked her.  :) Many thanks again!

Aww thank you sweetheart. It was no trouble at all. In this VJ community you give as much as you receive. I'm glad to share my knowledge with people.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

08.02.2018 medical

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

01.28.2019 AOS approved

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.