1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Jemilyn said:

Check my status online it says they sent RFE and I just received in the mailbox the biometric appointment gosh does it mean i will receive another letter again? 😑

yes
A new letter for any action on ur case
Biometrics and RFEs are completely separate

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, John and Janay said:

Hey guys what app are you all checking? 

Other than the my account on USCIS is there another website that provides updates? 

Download “Case Tracker for USCIS”.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 8/5/2018 at 7:09 AM, John and Janay said:

Hey guys what app are you all checking? 

Other than the my account on USCIS is there another website that provides updates? 

The my account (https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/) and https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Any app you find online are 3rd party, so it might not be perfectly reliable also you are giving up your information to use the app. (They can store your receipt numbers, if they ask your name, etc)

I added my case numbers to the websites mentioned above, and I get an e-mail if something changes, so personally I think I don't need an app to check the status. Also time to time, like once a week I log in to check just in case, but for now I always got an e-mail when the case status changed.

Timeline

So I had the infopass this morning.  Turns out they didn't like the Affidavit of Support so we need to send more supporting documents.....

Btw does anybody know if the original RFE snail mail has any special stuff in it that needs to be sent back? I know the letter itself needs to be sent back, but not sure if the mail will contain anything else? Remember reading about some green or some colored page, but cant find it now....

Timeline
18 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

So I had the infopass this morning.  Turns out they didn't like the Affidavit of Support so we need to send more supporting documents.....

Btw does anybody know if the original RFE snail mail has any special stuff in it that needs to be sent back? I know the letter itself needs to be sent back, but not sure if the mail will contain anything else? Remember reading about some green or some colored page, but cant find it now....

WHAT??
Didn't like the Affidavot of Support? What are they talking about?
Are you saying you didn't send the proper documents to supoort it like employment letter and tax returns?

And about the RFE- It comes in a Blue sheet (I think, low-key forgot but it's some color sheet) and it details what it is you are missing and what type documents would fulfill their request. 
The key is that you gotta send it back with the sheet so they keep track of things in ur file. so make sure u don't do anything till you get that letter.

IF you know what it is they want (i.e. tax returns, etc), prepare that now. When letter comes, read letter and follow the instructions there and send it back ASAP

Timeline
1 minute ago, emekus94 said:

WHAT??
Didn't like the Affidavot of Support? What are they talking about?
Are you saying you didn't send the proper documents to supoort it like employment letter and tax returns?

And about the RFE- It comes in a Blue sheet (I think, low-key forgot but it's some color sheet) and it details what it is you are missing and what type documents would fulfill their request. 
The key is that you gotta send it back with the sheet so they keep track of things in ur file. so make sure u don't do anything till you get that letter.

IF you know what it is they want (i.e. tax returns, etc), prepare that now. When letter comes, read letter and follow the instructions there and send it back ASAP

They want recent tax year, even if my husband filed for extension this spring and we included the extension letter from the IRS (He doesn't own any money to IRS, so that's not the reason not filing it....)

So he will file the tax stuff ASAP.

Also the letter says based on the documents we submitted we did not meet he 125% poverty guideline which is not true..

I think they are hung up on the most recent tax year stuff..

I have a 3 page letter printed out by the agent at the info pass with barcodes and stuff on every page, it's normal white paper, but sounds like an official letter. If you fold it up correctly the address on the letter would fit the "window" of an envelope they usually use to send NOAs and stuff....

We will ask somebody to pick up our mail and forward it to us while we are away, otherwise I could send this letter back to them......

Timeline
7 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

They want recent tax year, even if my husband filed for extension this spring and we included the extension letter from the IRS (He doesn't own any money to IRS, so that's not the reason not filing it....)

So he will file the tax stuff ASAP.

Also the letter says based on the documents we submitted we did not meet he 125% poverty guideline which is not true..

I think they are hung up on the most recent tax year stuff..

I have a 3 page letter printed out by the agent at the info pass with barcodes and stuff on every page, it's normal white paper, but sounds like an official letter. If you fold it up correctly the address on the letter would fit the "window" of an envelope they usually use to send NOAs and stuff....

We will ask somebody to pick up our mail and forward it to us while we are away, otherwise I could send this letter back to them......

Ah
Well then- there seems to be a trend here...
All the RFEs I've seen the past few months were all about this tax return business. Seems USCIS really is coming after that.

Cuz someone filed in March of this year and recently got an RFE for the "most recent" because when they filed back then, tax deadline was April! It's crazy
another got an RFE for not meeting income requirements even tho they did!
I don't know how much more we can delay and already backlogged like crazy process.

Aye. Sorry about that girl!
Well good news is that it's simple enough. Hopefully you get the mail squared off ASAP

Timeline
16 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Ah
Well then- there seems to be a trend here...
All the RFEs I've seen the past few months were all about this tax return business. Seems USCIS really is coming after that.

Cuz someone filed in March of this year and recently got an RFE for the "most recent" because when they filed back then, tax deadline was April! It's crazy
another got an RFE for not meeting income requirements even tho they did!
I don't know how much more we can delay and already backlogged like crazy process.

Aye. Sorry about that girl!
Well good news is that it's simple enough. Hopefully you get the mail squared off ASAP

Good to know.... Should have read more before submitting stuff :)

Btw I am guy :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, ineedadisplayname said:

1 minute ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Bahhahahaha
Sorry dude!! Must have missed it (if you ever said it)- and also wayyyyy too bad a habit on my end to call every person a gal. lol
Thanks for the correction 😊 and noted for the future 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hey everyone, this may have been asked before but...

My husbands most recent tax return is less than the poverty guideline because he lost his job and was unemployed for a few months last year. His CURRENT job (That he has had since Nov 17) exceeds the poverty guidelines by a lot and I sent a letter from his employer and current payslips to show that..

Do you think I'll get an RFE or need a co-sponser because of his tax return? I have my bio app next week and I just would rather be prepared incase 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ashleykay said:

Hey everyone, this may have been asked before but...

My husbands most recent tax return is less than the poverty guideline because he lost his job and was unemployed for a few months last year. His CURRENT job (That he has had since Nov 17) exceeds the poverty guidelines by a lot and I sent a letter from his employer and current payslips to show that..

Do you think I'll get an RFE or need a co-sponser because of his tax return? I have my bio app next week and I just would rather be prepared incase 

FYI
Bio appt has NOTHING to do with RFE. If you get an RFE, the bio appt is NOT the place to take it to. Also, bio people will not ask about RFE. they have nothing to do with it

Now, about that tax return- based on what am seeing so far, it is possible that you will get an RFE for that.
But since you have an employer letter stating CURRENT income, it's hard to know exactly (since USCIS really should care about ur current situation but tax returns are the only ways to GUARANTEE what is happening/has happened, i.e. not fired, etc).

I'll say prepare to have a joint sponsor ready but don't be surprised if an RFE letter doesn't come. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

FYI
Bio appt has NOTHING to do with RFE. If you get an RFE, the bio appt is NOT the place to take it to. Also, bio people will not ask about RFE. they have nothing to do with it

Now, about that tax return- based on what am seeing so far, it is possible that you will get an RFE for that.
But since you have an employer letter stating CURRENT income, it's hard to know exactly (since USCIS really should care about ur current situation but tax returns are the only ways to GUARANTEE what is happening/has happened, i.e. not fired, etc).

I'll say prepare to have a joint sponsor ready but don't be surprised if an RFE letter doesn't come. 

Hi! Yes I was aware of that, I was just giving a indication on where I am in the process! But thank you for your advice! I think I'll have a joint sponsor ready to go just incase!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/2/2018 at 1:37 PM, John and Janay said:

We finally got an update! Still no email/text or letter. We called USCIS and they gave us receive  numbers for all 3 cases! The clock can actually start now lol and my nerves are a little less frazzled. 

So have the biometric appointment letters slowed slowed down too now? 

Janay,

How long did it take to get your NOA1 receipt.  Our package hit the lockbox 8 days ago...

5/30/2017: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox 

6/06/2017:  NOA1 Date

01/02/2018: NOA2  Date
01/24/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/2018: Case Number Assigned

02/12/2018: NVC Email - IN TRANSIT

No NVC Letter Received

02/17/2018:  Scheduled Interview (while still IN TRANSIT)

02/20/2018:  Embassy "READY" status

03/02/2018:  Medical Scheduled

03/06/2018: INTERVIEW Scheduled

03/06/2018: Interview - APPROVED!
03/28/2018: Visa in Hand!!!!
06/11/2018: POE USA - ATLANTA

06/18/ 2018:  MARRIED!   CHARLOTTE, NC

07/27/2018: AOS; i485, i765 & i131 Mailed

07/30/2018: NOA1 Receive Date (i485,i313, i765)

08/10/2018: NOA1 Hardcopies received.

08/16/2018: Biometrics Letter Received

08/30/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/22/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled- Electronic Notice

I may be the only one not checking all the time. I drove myself absolutely crazy during our K-1 wait, checking the app all hours of the day and then crying when I saw people after us getting approved.

This time I will wait patiently. It'll happen when it happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.