1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
3 hours ago, tammyjb said:

Anyone who has their biometric appt soon,  i had at an appt at 2pm today. was out by 2:20pm. I was the only person there. They get you to fill out the AIW ( just a questionnaire info sheet really - basic info, name, height weight etc) . Then show ID, and appointment letter. anyone who has submitted the AOS in their new name, take your marriage certificate with you as proof of this. I did just in case and they asked to see it.

After this , i was called over for my photo, digital signature and finger prints. 

Its as easy as that. Very friendly people, very quick! This was the office in SLC if anyone was wondering 

My biometric appointment is on August 9. Hopefully it will be really quick. My husband need to go back to work after that😂

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Hey everyone, 

Update: My online status has been updated:) 

Online Status Changed: July 30th - Completed review of my fingerprints. 

Please approve my AP by next month. lol 

Applied: July 5th - (AOS, EAD & AP) 

Received: July 8th - (Chicago Lockbox) 

Payment Processed: July 12th 

E-notice: July 13th 

NOA 1 to 3 & Biometric NOA: July 20th 

Biometric Completed: July 25th  (Early Walk-In For The Biometric: Successful ) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Morning... I know what most of you will say but i figure i would ask.  My husband really wants to go to Spain for Christmas and is very hopeful that he will get his AP before Christmas.  He wants to purchase plane tickets with insurance of course  but I am so scared that he won't get it and then I will just have to deal with a canceled flight and travelers insurance.  What would you do?  If i buy them after AP which will hopefully be before Christmas, they will likely be super expensive.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, MKM said:

Hey everyone, 

Update: My online status has been updated:) 

Please approve my AP by next month. lol 

Applied: July 5th - (AOS, EAD & AP) 

Received: July 8th - (Chicago Lockbox) 

Payment Processed: July 12th 

E-notice: July 13th 

NOA 1 to 3 & Biometric NOA: July 20th 

Biometric Completed: July 25th  (Early Walk-In For The Biometric: Successful ) 

Hi. What are the requirements for Biometric. I plan to renew my passport right after sending out AOS packet. Will they need my passport for Biometric? I worry I don't have other ID to present. Thank you 

18 hours ago, John and Janay said:

Still no news! We mailed 7/13 it was received 7/16. Our check hasn't been cashed or anything. 

I'm itching for something! The actual wait doesn't start until we get NOA and this extra waiting is killing me! 

I feel ya.. wait another week.. u might have it this week or nextweek.. 

i sent my AOS packet July 9

they recieved it July 10

got the text and email notification July 29 almost 12midnight.. (sunday night) 

makes me think they are working on weekends too..

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Peem Jov said:

I feel ya.. wait another week.. u might have it this week or nextweek.. 

i sent my AOS packet July 9

they recieved it July 10

got the text and email notification July 29 almost 12midnight.. (sunday night) 

makes me think they are working on weekends too..

I love your profile pic :)  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, DPP123 said:

Morning... I know what most of you will say but i figure i would ask.  My husband really wants to go to Spain for Christmas and is very hopeful that he will get his AP before Christmas.  He wants to purchase plane tickets with insurance of course  but I am so scared that he won't get it and then I will just have to deal with a canceled flight and travelers insurance.  What would you do?  If i buy them after AP which will hopefully be before Christmas, they will likely be super expensive.  

Oh hon :rofl:

This is the $1MM dollar question.

When you say trip for xmas, what dates are you talking about? 
I think you and I have similar timelines. And right now- AP is all over the place. Some are getting massively lucky and getting it at the 3.5-4 monthish mark (so about early to mid Nov. for us) and some also going 5+ months (saw someone in January just get it last week?) so that puts us at end of December...

Personally speaking, I hope we get EAD/AP by Xmas time so it's something to celebrate but am not putting a ticket in the books for this year (don't want any additional headaches)
I'll say this: What would be the price difference between buying now and buying it like 2 weeks before u gotta go?
Cuz if that's less than the headache of cancelling/traveler's insurance, don't do it?

Also- AP/EAD moves a lot during the year. U can consider waiting till maybe September/October to see if the pace increases/decreases and make a better decision then?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Oh hon :rofl:

This is the $1MM dollar question.

When you say trip for xmas, what dates are you talking about? 
I think you and I have similar timelines. And right now- AP is all over the place. Some are getting massively lucky and getting it at the 3.5-4 monthish mark (so about early to mid Nov. for us) and some also going 5+ months (saw someone in January just get it last week?) so that puts us at end of December...

Personally speaking, I hope we get EAD/AP by Xmas time so it's something to celebrate but am not putting a ticket in the books for this year (don't want any additional headaches)
I'll say this: What would be the price difference between buying now and buying it like 2 weeks before u gotta go?
Cuz if that's less than the headache of cancelling/traveler's insurance, don't do it?

Also- AP/EAD moves a lot during the year. U can consider waiting till maybe September/October to see if the pace increases/decreases and make a better decision then?

That's a great suggestion!  i will wait until September/October.  He understands that these things change and while he would love to go it is possible that we can't.  So we will see.  He hates feeling like a prisoner in this country.  I could understand him.  thanks again :) 

Timeline
3 hours ago, DPP123 said:

to be honest, it is high risk to buy ticket now since I believe that the latest we will get our EAD and AP is middle to end of December.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

Marriage Certificate

Timeline

Just a bit bored, so want to ask anyone here, do you have any hobby while waiting for EAD, AP and AOS? Mine is doing craft! How about you guys? 

Capture.JPG

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

Marriage Certificate

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
3 hours ago, DPP123 said:

It is kinda hard to deal with. I don't want to sound judgy, but I assume he is a grown up man (may I ask how old you guys are?), who knew what he is getting into. He needs to understand that his new life is here, and he should be planning for a nice USA Christmas.... Just to be clear I am the beneficiary so I should "relate" or "know" what he is going thru... Won't say that I know.... After I've got the visa and we talked about the timeline of me moving here and filing for AOS and all the processing times I was sure that I won't be able to leave the country for at least 5-6 months.... Also as you mentioned flights are expensive around holidays... I was not expecting to go back for Christmas this year, or at all. Probably will be harder around the holidays, but even if I could (it would be a close call, but I should get my AP at the beginning of December) was not planning to go back for the holidays this year. But it's just me.... Try to push the visit date to 2019, somewhere in the spring or early summer or something, so he would have a time to count down to... I don't have an exact date or plane ticket, but I know/plan that I will be going back to visit sometime in June-July next year.

How is he adjusting?  I think you should sit down and talk with him openly and tell him that it would be a lot of stress to cancel the flight and get your money back, be rational as much as possible...  Maybe it's a cultural thing to spend the holidays in close family or something, try to get the whole picture first....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

Just a bit bored, so want to ask anyone here, do you have any hobby while waiting for EAD, AP and AOS? Mine is doing craft! How about you guys? 

Capture.JPG

Woow, that looks great. Nice hobby you got, and talent!

I am trying to just relax, some condo renovation, painting, plastering etc since I have the time.... Actually I was worried that I will be bored and first time in like 10 years not having a daily job, but it's actually nice. I can read, go to the gym when it's not busy,  watch movies, listen to music, go to the cinema for cheap cuz it's in the morning :). Will check this message in like 2-3 months and see how much my opinion has changed lol, but for now I think I am fine. Not really expecting to make new friends or acquaintances before I start to work, I am not that sociable person who makes new friends instantly....

Timeline
1 minute ago, ineedadisplayname said:

It is kinda hard to deal with. I don't want to sound judgy, but I assume he is a grown up man (may I ask how old you guys are?), who knew what he is getting into. He needs to understand that his new life is here, and he should be planning for a nice USA Christmas.... Just to be clear I am the beneficiary so I should "relate" or "know" what he is going thru... Won't say that I know.... After I've got the visa and we talked about the timeline of me moving here and filing for AOS and all the processing times I was sure that I won't be able to leave the country for at least 5-6 months.... Also as you mentioned flights are expensive around holidays... I was not expecting to go back for Christmas this year, or at all. Probably will be harder around the holidays, but even if I could (it would be a close call, but I should get my AP at the beginning of December) was not planning to go back for the holidays this year. But it's just me.... Try to push the visit date to 2019, somewhere in the spring or early summer or something, so he would have a time to count down to... I don't have an exact date or plane ticket, but I know/plan that I will be going back to visit sometime in June-July next year.

How is he adjusting?  I think you should sit down and talk with him openly and tell him that it would be a lot of stress to cancel the flight and get your money back, be rational as much as possible...  Maybe it's a cultural thing to spend the holidays in close family or something, try to get the whole picture first....

My husband and I are very mature adults and understand that we are not in control of this process.  He is open to the idea of spending the holidays here and it won't affect him negatively if he can't go to Spain.  I just wanted him to be with his family.  We know its a gamble that we will likely not take.  I just wanted to ask and see how others felt about the chances of getting an AP before Christmas.  Thanks for your input.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey all, 

I filed June 2017 (not sure if they’re any June filers in here).

My husband and I got married June 24th (was given the approval beginning of March).

AOS was sent: July 12th - (AOSEAD & AP) 

Received: July 13th- (Chicago Lockbox) 

E-notice & text notification: July 22nd 

NOA1 to all docs: July 19th 

Currently awaiting letter for biometrics appointment 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.