dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
8 hours ago, Abies said:

8weeks+1day,call NVC that you have passed the 8weeks Mark and then the agent will tell you it's going to be escalated to a supervisor. At that point you start calling 2times daily(in our case).

8weeks+3days,we got the case/Invoice numbers over the phone,went ahead to fill ds261. The next business day,we received the welcome letter with the aos invoice&paid immediately.

Called NVC to review our ds261 over the phone which the agent did,got invoice for iv fee the next business day,paid same day. 

It took the aos fee 2business days to show PAID after payment and took the Iv fee 3business days to show PAID after payment then ds260 was unlocked immediately.

Thank you sooo much!!!!!

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I have a question regarding the scan date, NVC has received my documents on June 28th, but when i spoke with them on the phone for scan date, they kept repeating we have received your documents on June 28th, and it will take 6 weeks to review. Is the received date the same as the scan date ? or should i just try calling in on monday, and ask for a scan date ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, indianDallas said:

I have a question regarding the scan date, NVC has received my documents on June 28th, but when i spoke with them on the phone for scan date, they kept repeating we have received your documents on June 28th, and it will take 6 weeks to review. Is the received date the same as the scan date ? or should i just try calling in on monday, and ask for a scan date ?

Received date is when it was received while scan date is when yoir documents were scanned into the system.

When next you call,ask the agent you want to know when your documents were entered into the system  

1 hour ago, indianDallas said:

They only give you recieve that when your documents have been scanned into the system otherwise they dont know if they have recieved. So the date they say docs are rcvd is scan date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
6 hours ago, PhoenixBlaque said:

When you all are referring to the status "at NVC"- where do you see it? Is it the summary portion on the top right hand side when you're logged into the CEAC system?

You need to log in to this page: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Just as a note though, mine has always said At NVC, but it's still being reviewed, and I've read others who say the same thing , so I don't think that's 100% definitive in every case.

Edited by catdk

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/7/2018 at 5:56 AM, Abies said:

My husband is sending our package out today,i also completed ds260 today.

Documents in our aos file are the Petitioner's signed&dated affidavit of support form,employment letter 2017 tax transcripts,recent pay stubs,social security earnings statement. 

Documents in the Iv file are for me as well as other supporting documents of evidence of ongoing marital relationship.

Have you completed your ds260?

What is social security earnings statement? Is this in place of W-2s?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, catdk said:

You need to log in to this page: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Just as a note though, mine has always said At NVC, but it's still being reviewed, and I've read others who say the same thing , so I don't think that's 100% definitive in every case.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, MartinyMi said:

What is social security earnings statement? Is this in place of W-2s?

Only for people who receive Social Security benefits- retirement, disability, survivors, etc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rameda said:

How long does it takes for the IV application to activate after fee payment? Omg I hate the weekend now.

2-3business days

Aos fees marked paid Saturday....over phone review on Friday...still waiting for IV to unlock.

couple questions

Should my current income match my last 3 pay stubs averaged and multiplied to reach yearly wage or go with 2017 tax return....neither would really make a difference on my end.

I'm using regular i-864 not i-864W says on travel.state.gov.... I Don't need relationship evidence for i-864.   should i at least put our babies birth certificate there as evidence?

Also when do we mail the package? 

thanks

6 hours ago, nyokie said:

Got my approval letter and was approved june 23 

Mine was approved June 26th... Has the NVC received your approved petition yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.