Veronica0313

Philipina married to an American US Army Applying B2 Visa

52 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

You never know until you try. No one here can say you won't get a tourist visa. It's up to the CO. While you dont have strong ties, you have more than some others I've seen approved. Then again that was before Trump. Either way, you dont know until you try. Also, I don't see what the big deal is about the fact that you don't want to go to the USA right now. It's your life, your marriage. Whatever works for you.  

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I do not know what will happen, no harm trying and finding out, just pointing out the negatives mentioned. Active military seems a plus.

I do know this has nothing to do with Trump, same issues applied under Obama.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

I do not know what will happen, no harm trying and finding out, just pointing out the negatives mentioned. Active military seems a plus.

Wasn't trying to imply anything to do with trump. Just tightening up on immigration. 

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Nothing I have seen would apply here.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

19 hours ago, Roel said:

I'm going to be blunt - so that means you won't join your husband until your mother pass away?

And why do you need properties in the Philippines if you're goal is to move to the US?

Those are the type of questions that you might be asked in the Embassy.

We're not saying you don't have a change. But it's a tiny one.

And last thing from me  - South Korea is NOT a deployment. It's just a duty station. ;)

As a retired member of the Army Korea can either be a duty station or it can be temporary duty (deployment). Military members while active wishing to marry a non US citizen would need permission from their Commanders to marry a foreign bride, very unusual they would permit him to marry while on deployment, duty station is another thing. I'd be interested to know what his rank is. Sounds kinda pre arranged

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

8 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

As a retired member of the Army Korea can either be a duty station or it can be temporary duty (deployment). Military members while active wishing to marry a non US citizen would need permission from their Commanders to marry a foreign bride, very unusual they would permit him to marry while on deployment, duty station is another thing. I'd be interested to know what his rank is. Sounds kinda pre arranged

my husband rank is E-6  and  we did  Montana Proxy Marriage because its the easiest way than the korean procedures, most of the soldier who wants to marry in korea do the proxy marriage.And no Sir its not a Pre arranged.

Edited by Veronica0313

10 minutes ago, Veronica0313 said:

my husband rank is E-6  and  we did  Montana Proxy Marriage because its the easiest way than the korean procedures, most of the soldier who wants to marry in korea do the proxy marriage.

Wow if he went through all the procedures for a Montana Proxy Marriage, then doing the spousal visa  would not be a problem, but we don't know your situation so good luck SSG/E-6 means fairly mature in his career anyway he still would need to have permission. Also proxy is used when either of the participants can't be there in person. Your situation is getting more and more complicated with each post. Best of luck to you both.

Edited by Sarge2155
Misspelled word

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

http://www.filipinafianceevisa.com/info/5-cr-1-spouse-visa.html

"According to USCIS regulations, Proxy Marriages are ONLY allowed for active US military personnel and you MUST have met your spouse in person at least 1 time since the proxy marriage and the marriage must have been consummated. "

Hope you meet those requirements.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

12 hours ago, Boiler said:

I don't know if its a plus being active duty. We didn't get any extra help or ''understanding'' from the immigration when my husband deployed and I was still waiting for EAD and GC. 

34 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

As a retired member of the Army Korea can either be a duty station or it can be temporary duty (deployment). 

I second this one. My neighbors' husband is deployed to Korea right now and she was not allowed to go with him. 

1 minute ago, Londonergirl said:

I don't know if its a plus being active duty. We didn't get any extra help or ''understanding'' from the immigration when my husband deployed and I was still waiting for EAD and GC. 

The only plus is active military income requirements are less for the K1 or CR1.

Citizenship Complete!

5 minutes ago, Roel said:

http://www.filipinafianceevisa.com/info/5-cr-1-spouse-visa.html

"According to USCIS regulations, Proxy Marriages are ONLY allowed for active US military personnel and you MUST have met your spouse in person at least 1 time since the proxy marriage and the marriage must have been consummated. "

Hope you meet those requirements.

yes my husband  is an active US military personnel, we met and  been together in South Korea and did proxy marriage there. and yes our marriage been consummated 

4 minutes ago, Londonergirl said:

I second this one. My neighbors' husband is deployed to Korea right now and she was not allowed to go with him. 

yes, deployment dont allowed family to come with them. Only Station  Personnel are allowed to Bring his family.

Just now, Veronica0313 said:

yes, deployment dont allowed family to come with them. Only Station  Personnel are allowed to Bring his family.

I know this. But someone in here said that you cannot be deployed to Korea which I don't think is correct because my neighbor said that her husband was deployed in Korea right now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.