724 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
11 hours ago, edcokpareke said:

Hello SabineGriffin

We filed ours and paid online, so the money was debited from our credit card immediately. So unfortunately, I don't have a similar check payment issue as you. Also, even though our cases are both 319 cases, ours is a bit different in that my wife has never 'lived' in the US at all. We've visited a couple of times on a non-immigrant visa. We got married 1.5 years ago, filed i-130, then NVC, then just got an i-551 (immigrant visa, AKA green card). The very next week, we filed the N400 as there's literally no waiting requirement for our 319(b) case (I work for an American company overseas).

I'll continue to post updates. So far though, no movement on our case.

Hi edcokpareke,

Any chance that you're both in the UK too? I think I'm just so dependent on USCIS London now because from the get go, they provided all this guidance; I wouldn't have known about the 319e. They've been amazing. Yes, please continue to post updates and I will too.

SabineGriffin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, I submitted the n400 on July 6, 2018. Next day said my fingerprints were scheduled and 2 days later I was able to see my appointment is July 26, 2018. I haven't had the NOA or biometrics letter in the mail. My aprox timeline says 11 months. 

Edited by tink04

Packet received Feb 10, 2015

Biometrics March 4, 2015

Ready for interview March 10, 2015

I765 EAD approved April 18, 2015

EAD received in mail April 27, 2015

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:14 AM, goldenaida said:

So far I'm impressed by this online method! I got my receipt number right after I filed and now that I checked the status they even have the copy of NOA that they mailed to me and it's available for download. That's awesome. It also showed an estimated time for case completion which was 17 months (December 2019)!!!!! 

17 months, that's killing :(

10 hours ago, tink04 said:

Hi, I submitted the n400 on July 6, 2018. Next day said my fingerprints were scheduled and 2 days later I was able to see my appointment is July 26, 2018. I haven't had the NOA or biometrics letter in the mail. My aprox timeline says 11 months. 

good for you,  thats pretty quick

3 hours ago, gc@gc said:

i wont read too much into the estimate

Probabaly by tonight my online n400 application will be submitte. I hope I get done with this soon and pray the same for everyone. Btw friend of mine got his citizenship in 6 months sart to finish. Location is New York. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi! I submitted my application online on July 10th! I already have my receipt number and the estimate for my case completion is 11 months. 

12/05/2013 Got married

CR1 Visa process
12/26/2013 NOA1 date
07/07/2014 NOA2 date (7 loooong months).
07/10/2014 left USCIS
07/22 arrived at NVC
07/31 Case# assigned
08/01 AOS Bill invoiced and DS 261
08/02 AOS bill paid and DS 261 completed
08/05 AOS bill shows PAID in the ceac website
08/13 AOS package sent
08/18 AOS package delivered (USPS website track number)
09/11 IV Bill invoiced
09/12 IV bill shows PAID
09/12 DS 260 completed
09/12 IV package sent
09/18 IV package received (rep. told this date but the 60 days waiting letter says 09/16).
10/17 - AOS checklist. Tax transcripst 2013 missing (husband thought W2s were enough)
10/21 - Checklist scanned
12/12 - Case Complete!!!!!!!!!!! thank God!
01/06/2015 - Medicals
01/12/2015 - Interview date ((It was Feb 27th but due to a cancellation they rescheduled to Jan 21!!!!!) - VISA APPROVED!!! Interview review on my timeline. :)
01/15/2015 - Visa in hand
01/22/2015 - POE (Los Angeles)!!!!!!!!

I-751 Removal of Conditions

11/03/2016 - Package sent

11/09/2016 - Check deposited and NOA 1 received

11/04/2016 - NOA 1 Date
12/08/2016 - Biometric Appt.

"God is always with us"

5 hours ago, e&g12.05.13 said:

Hi! I submitted my application online on July 10th! I already have my receipt number and the estimate for my case completion is 11 months. 

it was automatically generated by computer, so that is normally pretty quick,  the long waiting part is after biometrics   

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
7 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

it was automatically generated by computer, so that is normally pretty quick,  the long waiting part is after biometrics   

When the computer automatically generated the time, do they choose according to different CIS ?

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi 

I applied on the 3rd and my biometric appointment will be on the 27th. The completion mentioned 15 months (way longer than i thought!)

I did online and liked it but had an strange stuff. I disclosed a driving without drivers license ticket (i didnt had it in hand, guy hit my car and i got a citation to show to the judge that i had a drivers license) and then the application asked about jail time!!! Weird. Hope it will not create a issue!

Good luck for everybody!

On 7/13/2018 at 3:23 PM, THG said:

When the computer automatically generated the time, do they choose according to different CIS ?

From what I understand it generates a wait time for how long it takes about 90% of applicants to get processed through your local office (because no human has looked at you case when you file online, no background check, etc). If you look up case processing time on USCIS https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/  it gives you a huge range. Atlanta right now is 10.5 to 20 months so at 10.5 months 50% of applicants are processed and at 20 months 93% of applicants are processed. 

On 7/11/2018 at 1:41 PM, THG said:

I submitted on 07/09/2018. On the website it said 9 months. I think it really depends on each office. I am in NH.

Capture.PNG

We're in Atlanta and our personalized wait time is 19 months and the website quotes 10.5 to 20 months...so hope it drops after the Biometrics appt!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.