724 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, SabineGriffin said:

Hi edcokpareke,

Yes, I'm a July filer in the same situation. My husband and I received government orders for the UK in September. I made the 3 year mark after moving here. I just applied for my N-400 with guidance from USCIS London. I filed under INA 319(e) because USCIS London decided that our government orders were military orders (my husband is also in the military). I mailed my application to the Chicago Military Team on July 3. I'm a little worried that it's been 7 calendar days and USCIS hasn't cashed my $725 check.  Has your check been cashed? Yes, it'd be great to compare notes over time.

SabineGriffin

Hello SabineGriffin

We filed ours and paid online, so the money was debited from our credit card immediately. So unfortunately, I don't have a similar check payment issue as you. Also, even though our cases are both 319 cases, ours is a bit different in that my wife has never 'lived' in the US at all. We've visited a couple of times on a non-immigrant visa. We got married 1.5 years ago, filed i-130, then NVC, then just got an i-551 (immigrant visa, AKA green card). The very next week, we filed the N400 as there's literally no waiting requirement for our 319(b) case (I work for an American company overseas).

I'll continue to post updates. So far though, no movement on our case.

F1 > H1B > LPR

03/21/2009 - Got married to my beautiful wife

04/01/2009 - 04/11/2009 - Prepared all USCIS immigration forms and documents

04/11/2009 - Mailed (Fedex) I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A, and I-131(Expedite) to Chicago Lockbox

04/14/2009 - Received by USCIS and signed for by J CHYBA

04/23/2009 - Received 4 NOA1 letters in mail (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131)

04/27/2009 - Received Biometrics appointment letter. Date set for 05/13/09

05/05/2009 - Biometrics done early (12 minutes)

06/03/2009 - Case status for I-485, I-131, and I-765 available and updated online

06/03/2009 - EAD status online: "Card Production Ordered"

06/03/2009 - AP status online: "Approval Notice Sent"

06/04/2009 - Interview letter received in the mail. Letter issued on 05/29. Interview date set for 07/15/2009

06/08/2009 - Received AP Travel document in the mail.

06/21/2009 - Received EAD card in the mail

07/15/2009 - Interviewed. Went well. IO said, "your case seems approvable..."

07/16/2009 - I-485 Status Update: Card Production Ordered.

07/20/2009 - "Welcome Letter" & "I-130 approval letter" received in the mail.

07/27/2009 - GC in the mail

On 7/3/2018 at 11:14 PM, goldenaida said:

So far I'm impressed by this online method! I got my receipt number right after I filed and now that I checked the status they even have the copy of NOA that they mailed to me and it's available for download. That's awesome. It also showed an estimated time for case completion which was 17 months (December 2019)!!!!! 

Hey, 

Can this process take upto 17 months as estimated or will it be quicker? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Raza12 said:

Hey, 

Can this process take upto 17 months as estimated or will it be quicker? 

I think it will be quicker, the officer at the field office told me right now it's about a year. Also, other people mentioned that as soon as they did their fingerprints the estimated time dropped to 13 months or so, but you never know with USCIS :lol: My Biometric appointment is on July 24th. I'll mention it here if my estimated time drops or not. 

ROC Timeline:

CSC

Date Filed:06/21/18

Bio:08/17/18 

N400 Timeline:

Date Filed: 07/02/18

NOA Online: 07/03/18

NOA in Mail: 07/07/18

Bio: 07/24/18

Interview: 07/12/19

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, goldenaida said:

I think it will be quicker, the officer at the field office told me right now it's about a year. Also, other people mentioned that as soon as they did their fingerprints the estimated time dropped to 13 months or so, but you never know with USCIS :lol: My Biometric appointment is on July 24th. I'll mention it here if my estimated time drops or not. 

I submitted on 07/09/2018. On the website it said 9 months. I think it really depends on each office. I am in NH.

Capture.PNG

Timeline
1 minute ago, THG said:

I submitted on 07/09/2018. On the website it said 9 months. I think it really depends on each office. I am in NH.

Capture.PNG

wow! I guess it really depends on the office :huh: Hopefully ours drop to 9 months too lol 

ROC Timeline:

CSC

N400 Timeline:

10 minutes ago, goldenaida said:

Thanks!!  I hope waiting time drops for you and you can become a citizen soon. 

Don’t focus so much on estimated completion times. I’m a Feb filer, my initial time was March 2019, it currently says estimated completion November 2018 while my oath ceremony is in 15 days. 

🇺🇸N-400 Timeline🇺🇸 

2/02/18 Filed Online 

2/02/18 Application Received 

2/03/18 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

2/20/18 Biometrics Completed

5/04/18 Interview Scheduled

6/14/18 Interview (Approved)

7/10/18 Oath Ceremony Scheduled

7/26/18 Oath Ceremony

U.S. Citizen as of July 26, 2018! :)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, CTgal18 said:

Don’t focus so much on estimated completion times. I’m a Feb filer, my initial time was March 2019, it currently says estimated completion November 2018 while my oath ceremony is in 15 days. 

Congratulations!!! Hopefully it will be a fast process for everyone and we'll be done with USCIS!!! lol 

ROC Timeline:

CSC

N400 Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I filed online the 8th but I don't see an estimate like on all your screenshots, never received an email notice...

I checked my receipt number on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and i get 

Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed
On July 8, 2018, we received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOE91*********, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our Integrated Operating Env location. The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

guess I will have to send an email ...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Stefaan_Leslie said:

I filed online the 8th but I don't see an estimate like on all your screenshots, never received an email notice...

I checked my receipt number on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and i get 

Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed
On July 8, 2018, we received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOE91*********, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our Integrated Operating Env location. The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

guess I will have to send an email ...

It's on the account that used for filing online.

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Timeline
1 minute ago, Stefaan_Leslie said:

i checked

Untitled-1.png

Did you also check under the document tab? 

ROC Timeline:

CSC

N400 Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 minute ago, goldenaida said:

Did you also check under the document tab? 

Don't have that tab, guess I will have to wait a bit till it is processed 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Stefaan_Leslie said:

Don't have that tab, guess I will have to wait a bit till it is processed 

I think so since the 8th was Sunday I think it might take a little bit to update, good thing is that you have the receipt number and they will also mail you the NOA. I will also try to log out and open the DHS website with another browser.maybe that helps

ROC Timeline:

CSC

N400 Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.