724 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

got interview notice january 18th - interview scheduled february 25th 

updated https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z8GKsf-mwsC3JZAhdGJJtuRYrP01zKgg7-V1nujeVYg/edit#gid=0

Edited by Stefaan_Leslie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey guys,

I had my interview on Friday last week, Raleigh NC... was recommended for approval, It was pretty straight-forward, the office was super nice. I'm so thankful to God.

application received 07/17/2018

biometrics 8/10/2018

bio metrics received by uscis 8/16/2018

appt booked for 9/24/2018

appt de-scheduled notice 7 days before interview

appt re-booked notice 12/17/2018

interview 1/18/2019 approved!

Officer told me to wait for a notice in the mail about the Oath ceremony, Hopefully that gets here quickly regardless of shutdown. fingercrossed!

Keep the faith guys.. 

Edited by mamaof3!
typo

KLOVE got me thru...

9 hours ago, mamaof3! said:

Hey guys,

I had my interview on Friday last week, Raleigh NC... was recommended for approval, It was pretty straight-forward, the office was super nice. I'm so thankful to God.

biometrics 8/10/2018

Officer told me to wait for a notice in the mail about the Oath ceremony, Hopefully that gets here quickly regardless of shutdown. fingercrossed!

Keep the faith guys.. 

congrats! what questions did they ask you?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, mrkrabbs said:

Hi MrKrabbs,

They asked

1. Who my Representative was

2. Capital of NC

3. What countries did US fight in WW2

4. What is the supreme law of the land

5. What is an amendment

. where is the statue of liberty located?

It's funny because when I entered the room, the officer asked for GC, DL and my letter/ticket no. After handing these, officer says, we will need get things started by asking you civics questions, I'm like sure. The 1st question was What is an amendent... I reply a change.. She looks at me and says " please give me full answers, i would hate to fail you for some incomplete answers. In my head, I'm thinking there is no way I'm coming back here, or waiting for another interview due to my stupidity - giving short answers.

I then reply in full "Change in constitution"..officer repies, thank you! Next question, all the other questions, i answer in full with all information.. Officer laughs and says "I see i've opened a can of worms" , there's no stopping you now..we both laugh! 

Once this was done, followed my the written and english, smooth sailing... Although no updates from USCIS or OATH letter, but we know they take their time.

Anyways, Officer was nice and professional. 

Edited by mamaof3!
typo

KLOVE got me thru...

2 hours ago, mrkrabbs said:

12 minutes ago, mamaof3! said:

Hi MrKrabbs,

They asked

1. Who my Representative was

2. Capital of NC

3. What countries did US fight in WW2

4. What is the supreme law of the land

5. What is an amendment

. where is the statue of liberty located?

It's funny because when I entered the room, the officer asked for GC, DL and my letter/ticket no. After handing these, officer says, we will need get things started by asking you civics questions, I'm like sure. The 1st question was What is an amendent... I reply a change.. She looks at me and says " please give me full answers, i would hate to fail you for some incomplete answers. In my head, I'm thinking there is no way I'm coming back here, or waiting for another interview due to my stupidity - giving short answers.

I then reply in full "Change in constitution"..officer repies, thank you! Next question, all the other questions, i answer in full with all information.. Officer laughs and says "I see i've opened a can of worms" , there's no stopping you now..we both laugh! 

Once this was done, followed my the written and english, smooth sailing... Although no updates from USCIS or OATH letter, but we know they take their time.

Anyways, Officer was nice and professional. 

Thats amazing lol I hope I get a nice officer too.I wonder if they will ask me to read and write in english lol Thats the only language I know anyway. 

17 hours ago, mamaof3! said:

Hey guys,

biometrics 8/10/2018

Keep the faith guys.. 

Congratulations for your success.

I have a question. My I-751 is pending and N-400 is also pending. Generally, they send interview letter and doesn’t mention whom it for or they take combine I-751 and N-400 interview. For N-400, What are the list of:

A: Original Documents

B: List of photocopy documents

Have to bring.

I applied on September 2017 for N-400 so can I bring the remaining supporting documents like Joint bask statements, Joint Credit card statements etc.

Thanks

Filed: Timeline

Update: I passed the citizenship exam and all the questions on 1/22/19. However, when I arrived they did not know I had I-751 pending. So they didn't have my I-751 file available, although it was supposedly in the same office. I did bring my wife so he kind of did a quick I-751 interview. When I left he said he will look for my I-751 case and review it. Then he will approve I-751 or request evidence and subsequently approve N-400.

Today 1/23/19 the following updates appeared in the N-400 and I-751.

As a background I'm CSC for I-751 pending (applied July 2017) then I applied as soon as possible for N-400 online on July 2018

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXX with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

On January 22, 2019, your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WACXXXXX, was transferred to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by February 21, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Interview today in inclement weather went well and recommended for approval. Straight forward with application first then questions on civics and English knowledge. 1st six questions were correct so only 6 asked. They closed early today because of the weather in DC office and might close tomorrow. Look forward to my wife’s oath taking!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 1/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, qfbariza said:

Update: I passed the citizenship exam and all the questions on 1/22/19. However, when I arrived they did not know I had I-751 pending. So they didn't have my I-751 file available, although it was supposedly in the same office. I did bring my wife so he kind of did a quick I-751 interview. When I left he said he will look for my I-751 case and review it. Then he will approve I-751 or request evidence and subsequently approve N-400.

Today 1/23/19 the following updates appeared in the N-400 and I-751.

As a background I'm CSC for I-751 pending (applied July 2017) then I applied as soon as possible for N-400 online on July 2018

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXX with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

On January 22, 2019, your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WACXXXXX, was transferred to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by February 21, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I have the same situation as you. Though for me I haven't been scheduled or heard anything about my N-400. My I-751 CSC is still pending from June 2017 and I applied for Citizenship in July 2018. Today I filled an inquiry form for my I-751. Hopefully, I hear sth soon. Which field office did you file your N-400? 

ROC Timeline:

CSC

Date Filed:06/21/18

Bio:08/17/18 

N400 Timeline:

Date Filed: 07/02/18

NOA Online: 07/03/18

NOA in Mail: 07/07/18

Bio: 07/24/18

Interview: 07/12/19

Filed: Timeline
6 hours ago, goldenaida said:

I have the same situation as you. Though for me I haven't been scheduled or heard anything about my N-400. My I-751 CSC is still pending from June 2017 and I applied for Citizenship in July 2018. Today I filled an inquiry form for my I-751. Hopefully, I hear sth soon. Which field office did you file your N-400? 

Best of luck in your inquiry! I’m sure changes will come soon. 

my office is San Diego, CA

In my case N-400 processing times were way shorter than the USCIS estimates for my office and what the online estimate said in my account 

Edited by qfbariza

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

A happy update - my interview is scheduled for March 1. I filed from the UK on July 3, 2018 (I'm a 319(b) - my husband works for the US Government) and I asked to be interviewed at the San Francisco Field Office (that's allowed for 319(b) applications). The online estimated date for processing was 11 months from July 2018 but it turned out that it was accelerated to 7 months. The SF Field Office must be very efficient - am grateful!

I have a question, even though I'm a 319(b) applicant and apparently if approved, I may be able to take the oath on the same day, is that true? Does anyone have experience as a 319(b)?

Thanks so much,

SabineGriffin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just completed my interview this morning, I has been approved, my case status now updated to Oath ceremony will be scheduled, so I hope they will mail me the letter soon, good luck to everyone, 

3 minutes ago, trangnguyen said:

I just completed my interview this morning, I has been approved, my case status now updated to Oath ceremony will be scheduled, so I hope they will mail me the letter soon, good luck to everyone, 

so fast!  congrats.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/2/2019 at 9:49 AM, tackle said:

I checked my case status online today and found out that they have scheduled our (my wife and mine) interviews on Feb 7 2019 at Javits Federal Building NYC.

We have not received the letters yet. But I could access them online. The notice date on them was 12/27/2018.

Our fingerprints were taken at Bronx Application Support Center at NYC on 07/30/2018. 

My interview is at 11:50 AM and my wife's interview is at 1 PM on the same day.

I've updated the document at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z8GKsf-mwsC3JZAhdGJJtuRYrP01zKgg7-V1nujeVYg/edit#gid=0 .

My wife and I had our Citizenship interviews yesterday at Javits Federal Building NYC. Everything went smooth. We were both approved.

We both had our interviews with different Immigration Officers.

My appointment was at 11:50. Was called in around 12:10 and I came out by 12:30. The process was straight forward. First the civics test then the english reading and writing test. And then went over N400. She mentioned that some of the yes/No questions were not answered on the form and took the answers for them. She asked about the 2 weeks of  unemployment I had mentioned in the N400 form. I told her that was when I moved to NY from my old Job and I took a couple of weeks off. She said that I didn't need to mention this as unemployment on the form and she removed it from my application as she said it isn't needed. She asked me if I had my tax forms with me. I told her yes and gave her the copies. She asked if she could keep the copies and I said yes. She they said I passed the test and she is recommending me for approval.

My wifes interview was at 1. She was called in around 12:45 and she came out by 1. She had a straight forward interview too. First the civics test then the english reading and writing test. And then went over N400 form. And then in the end the officer told my wife that she passed the test and that he is recommending her for approval.

I checked our application status online yesterday night and the status had changed to "Approved" with some text about the last step is the Naturalization Ceremony and we'll be notified when they have scheduled our ceremonies.

I wish everyone waiting for the interviews all the best!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.