hopeandlove

SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS

10 posts in this topic

After 2,5 years on Administrative Processing, finally we received this email:

Please properly fill all the filled/question’s answers as your form may retuned by the department due to some un-filled fields/answers.

In order to complete the processing for your U.S. visa, please complete the questionnaire following the steps below:

1.      Hit reply to this email

2.      Fill in the questionnaire with appropriate responses

3.      Hit the send button when form is completely filled up

4.      Do not/not print the form and scan it into another email

5.      Do not send the form in any other format like pdf, jpg or ……

If you fail to submit the below questionnaire properly, your email will be deleted and your administrative processing will be subject to further delay.

Your application cannot be finalized until you have submitted this questionnaire.  You may continue to check the status of your case online at:

U.S. Department of State

Approved OMB 1405-0226

SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS

Expires xx/xx/xxxx

Estimated Burden 60 Minutes

General Instructions

• If you are unsure of the answer to a question, please provide a response to the best of your knowledge.  For example, if you are unsure of an exact address, provide the city, state, and street name if you can recall them.  U.S. Department of State will consider all information derived from the form in its entirety.

• Failure to answer every question will not necessarily preclude visa issuance, as the application is considered in its entirety.

• If you believe a particular question does not apply to you or your circumstances, please write "not applicable" or "N/A."

• If you need more space to response to a question, please write the rest of your response on a separate sheet of paper or email.

Surname(s):

Given Name(s):

Date of Birth (mm-dd-yyy):

Visa Type/Classification:

Passport and Travel History

Have you Travelled to any country (other than your country of residence) in the last 15 years?

If yes, provide details for each trip, including locations visited, date visited, source of funds, and length of stay.

Have you ever held a passport other than the passport listed in your visa application?

If yes, provide the following information.

Country of Issuance

Passport Number

Relatives

Siblings (brothers and sisters) - Provide the full name(s) and date of birth of any sibling (full, half, step, adopted), living or deceased.

Surname(s)

Given Name(s)

Date of Birth (mm-dd-yyy)

Children - Provide the full name (s) and date of birth of any child (minor and adult), living or deceased.

Surname(s)

Given Name(s)

Spouse - Provide the full name (s) of any current or previous spouse or civil/domestic partner, living or deceased.

Surname(s)

Given Name(s)

Address and Contact Information

Address - Provide all addresses where you have lived during the last 15 years, if not already provided in your application.

Address 1

Dates of Residence (mm-dd-yyyy):

Street Address 1:

Street Address 2:

City: 

State/Province:

Postal Zone/Zip Code:

Country/Region:

Address 2

Dates of Residence (mm-dd-yyyy):

Street Address 1:

Street Address 2:

City: 

State/Province:

Postal Zone/Zip Code:

Country/Region:

Phone Number - Provide all phone numbers you have used in the last five years, including primary, secondary, work, home, and mobile numbers

Phone Number (1):

Phone Number (2):

Phone Number (3):

Phone Number (4):

Phone Number (5):

Phone Number (6):

Phone Number (7):

Phone Number (8):

E-mail - Provide all email addresses you have used in th elast five years, including primary, secondary, work, personal, and educational addresses

E-mail Address (1):

E-mail Address (2):

E-mail Address (3):

E-mail Address (4):

E-mail Address (5):

E-mail Address (6):

Social Media

Please provide your unique user name for any websites or applications you have used to create or share content (photos, videos, status updates, etc.) as part of a public profile within the last five years.

Social Media Platform

Social Media Identifier (Name/Handle)

Employment History

Provide the following information on all employers in the last fifteen years, if not already provided in your application.

Employer 1 Name:

Dates of Employment (mm-dd-yyyy):

Street Address 1:

Street Address 2:

City: 

State/Province:

Postal Zone/Zip Code:

Country/Region:

Telephone Number: 

Job Title: 

Job Description: 

Employer 2 Name

Dates of Employment (mm-dd-yyyy):

Street Address 1:

Street Address 2:

City: 

State/Province:

Postal Zone/Zip Code:

Country/Region:

Telephone Number:

Job Title:

Job Description:

The information provided in this application and other information submitted may be provided to other U.S. government agencies having statutory or other lawful authority to use such information, including for law enforcement and immigration law enforcement purposes.  I understand that any willfully false or misleading statement or willful concealment of a material fact made by me herein may subject me to permanent exclusion from the United States and, if I am admitted to the United States, may subject me to criminal prosecution and/or removal.

Applicant's Signature:

Date (mm-dd-yyyy):

Paperwork Reduction Act Statement
Public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average 60 minutes per response, including time required for searching existing data sources, gathering the necessary documentation, providing the information and/or documents required, and reviewing the final collection.  You do not have to supply this information unless this collection displays a currently valid OMB control number.  If you have comments on the accuracy of this burden estimate and/or recommendations for reducing it, please send them to: PRA_BurdenComments@state.gov.

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
AUTHORITIES: The information on this form is requested pursuant to Section 212(a) and 221 and as required by Section 222 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.  Section 222(f) provides that the records of the Department of State and of the diplomatic and consular offices of the United States pertaining to the issuance and refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential and shall be used only for the formultaion, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States.  Certified copies of such records may, in the discretion of the Secretary of State, be made available to a court provided the court certifies that the information contained in such records is needed in a case pending before the court.

PURPOSE: The U.S. Department of State uses the information provided on this form to determine an individual's eligibility for a U.S. visa.  Individuals who fail to submit this form or who do not provide all the requested information may be denied a U.S. visa.  Although furnishing this information is voluntary, failure to provide this information may delay or prevent the processing of an individual visa application.

DS-5535

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Interesting but is there a question for the group?  This kind of thing used to be pretty common.  Assume they already know the answers to these questions, and/or want to distinguish this applicant from another with the same name and/or date of birth.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

I may be way off the mark here, but they sent this to you via *email*?  And they expect a response by just filling in and sending as a reply???

My SPAM/SCAM/Identity Theft spidey senses are going off as an IT administrator, especially considering that there is quite a bit of personal, confidential information in the form - just the kind of stuff that is about perfect for an identity thief.  My gut reaction would be to call the originating source and verify that they actually sent this, and everything is expected to be returned that way -- for me, this type of a message is a HUGE RED FLAG.

Do you have the ability to see the raw message/message headers in your email client?  That at the very least would be a bit more helpful in determining if the message originated where it appears to have originated.  Also - if you do decide to fill in the form and send it the way that they indicate, make sure you look at the To: field as it gets filled in on your email program - a common trick is a Reply-To header that makes the reply go to somebody completely different than you expect it to.  This can be a legitimate address, but it is also used by scammers...

You can message me directly too (I believe that is possible here) if you need further help in trying to determine the validity of the message based solely on the data in the message...

If this does turn out to be legit...  Somebody *really* has to take a look at the policy for sending such sensitive information via completely unsecured methods...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

FWIW - there should also be an expiration date on the form...  The PDF at the following link can be considered to be a probable exemplar of the form:  https://tr.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/91/DS-5535-Supplemental-Questions-For-Visa-Applicants.pdf

I've not actually seen one in person, but...  There are a few subtle differences between the online version that is at the link and the one you posted...  Your form has no expiration (marked as xx/xx/xxxx), the PDF has a space for Consular officer signature, yours includes a reference to email, but is missing one entire paragraph of the instructions at the top...

Edited by jkstark
Clarification

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
22 minutes ago, hopeandlove said:

I forgot to ask. What does this actually mean? Have anyone of you seen this email/form and what happened?

It means what I told you it PROBABLY means.  If it's real and from a legitimate source, it also means, follow the instructions exactly.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

~~moved to AP and waivers with other like topics from IR1/CR1 process and procedures ~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Look up DS-5535. It's real. We actually was handed a generic photocopy of it to my husband because the one they had at the embassy in Madrid had expired. This was in February 2018. Still in AP even after filling it out and emailing it back to the Embassy...there are quite a few forums here with people who have filled this out...

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.