1,626 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello all. Finally today is the day for our interview. I have a question. I filled out the affidavit of support but since sending it to him I have started my paperwork on refinancing my home. Although I’m waiting on final docs from the original owner I did include that paperwork for the interview. I make enough money to support my fiancé so that shouldn’t be an issue but I wanted them to see that I pulled some equity out as well. Do you think that will confuse them 

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Service Center :    California Service  Center
Transferred?        No
Consulate :        Morocco
I-129F Sent :        2017-09-25
I-129F NOA1 :    2017-10-03
I-129F RFE(s) :    2018-04-02; 2018-05-08
RFE Reply(s) :    2018-04-25, 2018-05-22
I-129F NOA2 :    2018-06-04
NVC Received :    2018-06-21
Date Case #, IIN, 
and BIN assigned :    2018-06-21
NVC Left :        2018-07-10
Consulate Received :    2018-07-13
Packet 3 Received :    2018-07-31
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    
Interview Date :    2018-09-04    

CR1 Visa         APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

5 minutes ago, Mayi & MiMi said:

Hello all. Finally today is the day for our interview. I have a question. I filled out the affidavit of support but since sending it to him I have started my paperwork on refinancing my home. Although I’m waiting on final docs from the original owner I did include that paperwork for the interview. I make enough money to support my fiancé so that shouldn’t be an issue but I wanted them to see that I pulled some equity out as well. Do you think that will confuse them 

Why do more then do will do? If you have liquid assets then they can be considered. LA is "money" that you can liquidate within on years time if needed. That can be used as evidence. If you are significantly over the "poverty level" for your family size then there is no need to "pile on" additional support documents.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

My fiance had his interview not long ago and received 221(g) sheet which states ...

"We are presently unable to issue you a visa because at this time you have been found ineligible under section 221g of the US Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. Your application is therefore being held for additional processing. Next steps are as follows:

No further action is currently required on your part. You will be contacted when a final decision has been made or if additional information is required for your case."

What exactly does this mean?

He said the consular officers (there were two interviewing him - is this normal?) were very rude and condescending. He said that they quickly flipped through our proof of relationship and photos (there were at least 100) and more or less disregarded it all. He said that the CO would ask a question, and that when he was responding, would interrupt him halfway with another question. I feel that they didn't take him seriously, ridiculed him, and generally treated him unfairly. They gave his passport back with the 221(g) sheet. He said that two others interviewed for the K1 were treated similarly.

Is our case going to be left to die? I feel so depressed, where do we go from here?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
7 hours ago, annaquin said:

My fiance had his interview not long ago and received 221(g) sheet which states ...

"We are presently unable to issue you a visa because at this time you have been found ineligible under section 221g of the US Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. Your application is therefore being held for additional processing. Next steps are as follows:

No further action is currently required on your part. You will be contacted when a final decision has been made or if additional information is required for your case."

He said the consular officers (there were two interviewing him - is this normal?) were very rude and condescending. He said that they quickly flipped through our proof of relationship and photos (there were at least 100) and more or less disregarded it all. He said that the CO would ask a question, and that when he was responding, would interrupt him halfway with another question. I feel that they didn't take him seriously, ridiculed him, and generally treated him unfairly. They gave his passport back with the 221(g) sheet. He said that two others interviewed for the K1 were treated similarly.

Is our case going to be left to die? I feel so depressed, where do we go from here?

I too got the 221g but they handwritten about the missing documents. (My case was different as it was a spousal visa). I have no any idea whether SL office issue a K1 visa to anyone. Have you done any research  before applying? Most succeeded cases I knew from our country were spousal visa not fiance visa. If you will not get success this time, best way is for you to visit Sri Lanka at-least one time before the wedding and during second time getting married. My husband visited me 3 times (engagement, wedding, interview) within 2 years, tho it was expensive. 

ROC Process:

Submitted I-751: August 4, 2018

Received by California ofis : August 6, 2018

NOA1 date : August 29, 2018

Biometrics date : March 29, 2019

Timeline
On 9/5/2018 at 3:23 AM, Tommal said:

I too got the 221g but they handwritten about the missing documents. (My case was different as it was a spousal visa). I have no any idea whether SL office issue a K1 visa to anyone. Have you done any research  before applying? Most succeeded cases I knew from our country were spousal visa not fiance visa. If you will not get success this time, best way is for you to visit Sri Lanka at-least one time before the wedding and during second time getting married. My husband visited me 3 times (engagement, wedding, interview) within 2 years, tho it was expensive. 

I'm also waiting for the interview but when look at annaquin getting worry we never know what will happens 

But my fiancé visit sri Lanka 

I talk with her parents many time 

Praying everything come right way

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
16 hours ago, Duncan & shif said:

I'm also waiting for the interview but when look at annaquin getting worry we never know what will happens 

But my fiancé visit sri Lanka 

I talk with her parents many time 

Praying everything come right way

You have nothing to worry as each case is different from other. Faith in God (or who ever you believe) and think positive. All the best.

ROC Process:

Submitted I-751: August 4, 2018

Received by California ofis : August 6, 2018

NOA1 date : August 29, 2018

Biometrics date : March 29, 2019

Hi @Greenbaum or anyone who can give their opinion about this. So I got my visa packet and I noticed this small tear on the yellow envelope. What should I do. I didn't open the packet,  I didn't even open totally the sealed plastic where the yellow envelope is in. I only made a whole to retrieve my passport and that's it. Will there be a problem? Please I need your opinion on this. TIA 😊

orca-image--1541413630.jpeg_1536216850030.jpeg

6 hours ago, andjen0519 said:

Hi @Greenbaum or anyone who can give their opinion about this. So I got my visa packet and I noticed this small tear on the yellow envelope. What should I do. I didn't open the packet,  I didn't even open totally the sealed plastic where the yellow envelope is in. I only made a whole to retrieve my passport and that's it. Will there be a problem? Please I need your opinion on this. TIA 😊

You have two choices return to the Embassy and have them reseal it or take the envelope with you and submit it at your POE. The tear is not a big deal. So if it were me I would just go with it the way it is. Not a big deal. There was a couple just recently and she traveled to another country and then was going to go on from their to the states. Well immigration at that country opened her envelope. Since she was already in transit to USA she and I decided to go with it they way it was and explain to immigration in the US. She did that and had no problems and yours is only partially torn.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, BluesDancer said:

The interview is not difficult if you know your fiance well, smile a lot, be confident in your answers, have all your paperwork organized and easy to access when requested. I wish you the best with your interview. God bless.

thank you so much

17 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

You have two choices return to the Embassy and have them reseal it or take the envelope with you and submit it at your POE. The tear is not a big deal. So if it were me I would just go with it the way it is. Not a big deal. There was a couple just recently and she traveled to another country and then was going to go on from their to the states. Well immigration at that country opened her envelope. Since she was already in transit to USA she and I decided to go with it they way it was and explain to immigration in the US. She did that and had no problems and yours is only partially torn.  

Thank you. I think the first option is not a good idea bc I think it's gonna take days or even weeks to get it back. I decided to have it wrapped again with a plastic wrap in that way the tear won't be bigger. Thank you so much for all your help @Greenbaum😊😊😊

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, annaquin said:

Depends. What does the 221(g) state?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

@Greenbaum   it's a yellow sheet and states ...  

We are presently unable to issue you a visa because at this time you have been found ineligible under section 221g of the US Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. Your application is therefore being held for additional processing. Next steps are as follows:         No further action is currently required on your part. You will be contacted when a final decision has been made or if additional information is required for your case.

1 minute ago, annaquin said:

@Greenbaum   it's a yellow sheet and states ...  

We are presently unable to issue you a visa because at this time you have been found ineligible under section 221g of the US Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. Your application is therefore being held for additional processing. Next steps are as follows:         No further action is currently required on your part. You will be contacted when a final decision has been made or if additional information is required for your case.

Well that is good news... partially. They have your case. They are still reviewing which is good. But, what bothers me is that the passport was given back. That is where it is 50/50 whether it will be denied or approved. Just give a little more time. I might add, if for what every the reason you are denied, then you still have the option of getting married in Sri Lanka and then reapplying using the CR-1 visa process. Don't give up if this is what you want (each other).

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

20 hours ago, Rackle10187 said:

Hi all! I have a question about the expiration on the NOA2! What does that exactly mean? Does the interview have to be scheduled before this date?

They prefer that your case be interviewed within that four month "window". The NOA 2 can be extended up to a year by your Embassy but with good reason and the Embassy doesn't need to adhere to the "one" year expiration. The new extension, if approved, will be for an additional 4 months. Extensions are in the form of 4 month extension with each approval till you reach one year. If you need to go beyond a year then you must go to the end of the line and begin the process from 129f over again and pay the fees. You must provide a reason for the NOA 2 extension when requesting the extension.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.