dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

How are you guys answering this question "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?" on DS260. My wife has most, if not all, the required vaccinations and she is in the process of getting her medical records. We should have everything in the next week or two.  I feel like saying NO and providing explanation is the honest answer, like this site suggests (https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/what-do-i-say-on-form-ds-260-if-i-havent-found-my-vaccination-records.html), but I have seen other discussion threads that say to answer YES to this question because you will have the medical records before the interview.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

We answered No, as that was the truth at the time, and then, in the extra information section, wrote " vaccination requirements will be completed at the upcoming medical " 

No issues at all from this for us 

We did the same & had no issues.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

I answered yes because I had my immunization card and checked it with the vacinations needed on the uscis website, and I had all the vacinations that was listed there. When I went to the medical still had to get certain boosters and the flu shot.

4 hours ago, Amanda&Thibaut said:

Try to compress each file individually (https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf) and then you can try combine everything in one file (http://combinepdf.com/). Good luck :) 

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not comfortable uploading sensitive documents to some random third party site. I got a subscription for Adobe PDF Acrobat Pro and I compressed the scanned file down to 6 MB from 25 MB. I can compress it more, but then it becomes hard to read. 

Edited by ramesesthe2nd

43 minutes ago, PhoenixBlaque said:

Hey everyone!

I'm still waiting for my case# and invoice# as well.  Just passed week#6.

I-130s approved: 4/10

NVC received: 4/25

I got same date as you. Good luck thou

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
12 hours ago, Norway said:

I feel like they probably can send most of them but you or your spouse have to sign a couple of the papers(like the i-184) and you have to send in the original:(

Oh boy that will be expensive with DHL ..already spent about $400 with them. Oh well u gotta do what u gotta do

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2018-06-08 at 12:12 PM, Mrs.D11 said:

I suffered that same agony as well. I called them last Friday as that is my exact 8th week mark. The agent was kind enough to offer to have my case forwarded to their supervisor. After the weekend, I called again on Monday and finally got my case and invoice number.

I suggest you go ahead and do the same. Try calling again on Mondat and if you still don't have a case number, ask for it to be forwarded to a supervisor. As I've mentioned earlier, nothing gets done unless you call and bug them.

I will call them tonight, because it's still their Sunday night right now. They told me to give them until their Friday midnight and wait until Monday to call. I am getting so frustrated. The agent I talked to said they are not yet done with the finishing touches for Pete's sake, it's been 8 weeks.

13 hours ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

How are you guys answering this question "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?" on DS260. My wife has most, if not all, the required vaccinations and she is in the process of getting her medical records. We should have everything in the next week or two.  I feel like saying NO and providing explanation is the honest answer, like this site suggests (https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/what-do-i-say-on-form-ds-260-if-i-havent-found-my-vaccination-records.html), but I have seen other discussion threads that say to answer YES to this question because you will have the medical records before the interview.

My answer is NO,....

Then explanation ...WILL BE GIVEN ON THE MEDICAL BEFORE THE INTERVIEW AT US EMBASSY.

Does not encounter any problem. 

We have our Interview sched on July 17th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 6/6/2018 at 5:46 PM, skyzee said:

@R&OC Question... with the checklist, does your CEAC status show "At NVC"?

Yes, it does but I know in my case, it is not a cc.

I was travelling for a few days but called on Friday to ask about my international birth certificate. The operator told me that they will likely deny it.

Frist checklist for three international birth certificates in one document. I resend those three birth certificates in separate files. Second - to be anticipated checklist - for the international birth certificate as they are looking for the German word of birth certificate whereas the international one states "Certified copy of birth registration record" (I don't have it in front of me but somewhere along the lines of that). I am at loss for words because wouldn't one expect them to point this out right away? It is an official birth certificate in three languages as a standard given the nature of the European Union. The operator told me that they are looking for a German one, the super old format from way-back-when. I don't even think I have one, to be honest. 

I would expect a document to be denied for every reason (multiple documents and the "wrong" one) and not as a piecemeal.

Edited by R&OC

So while filling out DS260 my wife realized that she provided wrong dates for one of the addresses in I-130A. Instead of March, she stated May. We are obviously going to write correct dates in DS260. How big of issue is that? Do we need to inform USCIS or NVC about this some how? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
17 hours ago, PhoenixBlaque said:

Hey everyone!

I'm still waiting for my case# and invoice# as well.  Just passed week#6.

I-130s approved: 4/10

NVC received: 4/25

How did you know that NVC received your case ?

It’s been 18 days and no emails are sent ..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
On 6/9/2018 at 12:36 PM, Mansour said:

My case is still showing:  "Action required: Submit requested documents" even if I already submitted everything a week ago.

do you get the same and what is next ?

Thanks.

this will change as soon as NVC had a look at it. You will get an email and if you go to status check it will say "at NVC" - this indicates a CC or that you need to resend some files.

39 minutes ago, Sdkmu said:

How did you know that NVC received your case ?

It’s been 18 days and no emails are sent ..

You will have to call NVC to confirm. They don't email for case received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.