Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, shurix said:

sadee, I don't know why you want to keep your kids in Alberta during the winter instead of taking them to Florida with you right away...

My oldest is in grade 8 right now and I want him to go to school in US as soon as we get our green cards. This will give him a great head start for high school next year.

During orientation, employer prefers no family since they give hotel accomadation for us first 60 days.

10 hours ago, vRace said:

They didn't ask anything to me at the border. They just processed it and done and asked if i had any questions.

You can come back to Canada right away if you want.

You will have 1 year stamping on the passport and if you didn't get the GC, i think you have to enter within 1 year.

Thank you V Race, I am much relieved now. I asked the same thing to USCIS, they also answered the same that we can reenter with no issues.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I took my family to Montreal for the IV interview on Monday morning. As a result of the interview I got the green "Welcome to the United States" slip.

The immigration officer said to wait for our passports 2-4 weeks.

Status on CEAC site still says "Ready" like it was before the interview with Last updated date "December 2".

Hopefully the status changes soon and there are no delays beyond the 2 weeks.

2 hours ago, shurix said:

I took my family to Montreal for the IV interview on Monday morning. As a result of the interview I got the green "Welcome to the United States" slip.

The immigration officer said to wait for our passports 2-4 weeks.

Status on CEAC site still says "Ready" like it was before the interview with Last updated date "December 2".

Hopefully the status changes soon and there are no delays beyond the 2 weeks.

I had an interview on Dec 3.

Status just changed to Issued (AP) on Dec 4 (1pm ET). 

All of us who had interview this/last week could share our status change timeline... Good luck!

@shurix The status is now "Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than five (5) working days, please go to http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courrier_information to track your courier waybill.For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV."

I have also received my Canada post tracking number. Scheduled to receive on 9th of Dec.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Man2Man said:

@shurix The status is now "Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than five (5) working days, please go to http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courrier_information to track your courier waybill.For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV."

I have also received my Canada post tracking number. Scheduled to receive on 9th of Dec.

That's great! Congratulations!

Good morning,

I submitted my DS-260 for E2 IV and mailed all the required documents. On October 14, 2019 I received email that my application is in the queue for interview at the consulate in Montreal and they will email me once there is availability. What is the average wait time for the interview? In other words when would I expect to get the interview scheduled?

P.S. My priority date is current.

Thanks 

Edited by era101

Timeline
9 minutes ago, era101 said:

Good morning,

I submitted my DS-260 for E2 IV and mailed all the required documents. On October 14, 2019 I received email that my application is in the queue for interview at the consulate in Montreal and they will email me once there is availability. What is the average wait time for the interview? In other words when would I expect to get the interview scheduled?

P.S. My priority date is current.

Thanks 

The below is all we have for statistics.  No idea how close to real it is since we have no idea about how many EB's are in the queue (except for those that posted in forums like this).  I have been waiting for 2.5 months and think it will be at least another 2.5 months before I enter the US Consulate in Montreal :(

image.png.d2cde0e31cc136bd3d164710901a5f2e.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, Man2Man said:

@era101

Please give yourselves time of minimum 4 months to max of 6 months from your "case complete" date.

Wish you all the best! 

Best of luck!!

Hi Man2Man, Curious why you gave 4-6 months given the last few including yourself were at or above 200 days from CC.  Also did you ever try to log into the CEAC website to see your DS260 after your case was complete?  I just tried and it no longer accepts the Case # and Beneficiary ID.  I know that is irrelevant but I was surprised it was not working.  In my bizarro mind I am hoping that there is movement with our case (At NVC to the promised land), lol.

Edited by CycleSS

Timeline
39 minutes ago, CycleSS said:

Hi Man2Man, Curious why you gave 4-6 months given the last few including yourself were at or above 200 days from CC.  Also did you ever try to log into the CEAC website to see your DS260 after your case was complete?  I just tried and it no longer accepts the Case # and Beneficiary ID.  I know that is irrelevant but I was surprised it was not working.  In my bizarro mind I am hoping that there is movement with our case (At NVC to the promised land), lol.

I waited for 8 months for my interview after my case was completed. I hope this is the maximum and no one else has to wait for that long.

Timeline
1 hour ago, shurix said:

I waited for 8 months for my interview after my case was completed. I hope this is the maximum and no one else has to wait for that long.

Hi Shurix, I have no delusions about the wait time.  I was curious about Man2Man's range even if my original comment stated at least 5 months.  The folks like you that just got interviews were well above the 4-6 months, sigh (and congrats).  Here is hoping that wait is not for the rest of us still waiting.  I just wish (like everyone) that there was some semblance of knowledge to the mysteries of the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.