2,309 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Sabrina02 said:

what do you mean your photos?  Send a few more and label people in picture with date location.  Find a few with family if you have and with background.  Also stamp in passport to coincide.  Definitely  two seperate letters of intent to marry.  Explain who, what, where, when and how you met and that you understand " must be married within 90 days of fiancee in US"  Best of luck...quick turn around.  Make sure both letters are signed. Get your letter from fiancee emailed within 1 hour.  Send back today!

@Sabrina02 such an upbeat response...that's what's needed! Have you looked through the 200+ thread yet?

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

@Sabrina02 such an upbeat response...that's what's needed! Have you looked through the 200+ thread yet?

Omg, I peeked in and got out quick that was going to cause another level of stress for me lol. I don't want anything extra to worry about, that is depressing.

Edited by NicholeT

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sabrina02 said:

what do you mean your photos?  Send a few more and label people in picture with date location.  Find a few with family if you have and with background.  Also stamp in passport to coincide.  Definitely  two seperate letters of intent to marry.  Explain who, what, where, when and how you met and that you understand " must be married within 90 days of fiancee in US"  Best of luck...quick turn around.  Make sure both letters are signed. Get your letter from fiancee emailed within 1 hour.  Send back today!

I suspect they are referring to passport photos not being glossy. 

29 minutes ago, NicholeT said:

Omg, I peeked in and got out quick that was going to cause another level of stress for me lol. I don't want anything extra to worry about, that is depressing.

I went in even posted something, but  you are right. Many bitter and frustrated folks there and I can't say I blame them but very deoressing jndeed.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I went in even posted something, but  you are right. Many bitter and frustrated folks there and I can't say I blame them but very deoressing jndeed.

No, I don't blame them I understand how they feel. I just didn't want to add more stress onto an already stressful situation. Me stressing isn't going to change anything at least not with my case. I don't want to even consider some of those days they've been waiting😔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Faisal1 always prayed that please no rfe now we are thankful for rfe cause at least we still have a chance to be approve

@Sabrina02 thanks for the advice it’s the passport photo for both of us she will ask also her agency about the intent to marry 

it sucks cause I taught if you take your passport photo in a studio in sm north they know what to do I was wrong those who have a fiancée in Philippines brace your self hopefully your passport photo is ok

3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

OMG Sarge. Your not suggesting someone should join that group do you. I've already given my opinion a month a go when it was started and it turned into just what I said it would. If you want less stress stay away from that group. IMHO. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hang in there folks!

My RFE response just shipped out priority express today. I hope I did a good job with trying to make the USCIS officer's job easy, I easily spent a focused day or 2 putting it together in a 20pg package.  Honestly, I think waiting was a little agonizing but making a quality RFE response and getting it back out the door was more so.  For those working RFEs, you'll feel good when you give it back to the USPS. 

It's a  busy time of year.... don't forget to take care of your sweetheart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

That’s the thing...  we don’t even have an RFE to respond to.  Just no word at all.  That’s the tough part.  My fiancé will contact them once the 2 December deadline comes up I.e.  we are then outside the 7 month processing deadline.  

37 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

OMG Sarge. Your not suggesting someone should join that group do you. I've already given my opinion a month a go when it was started and it turned into just what I said it would. If you want less stress stay away from that group. IMHO. :D

No not suggesting  that at all. I was simlpy telling Sabrina02  her response was upbeat. Then I asked her had she been there yet. No I don't  recommend it at all.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

51 minutes ago, NicholeT said:

No, I don't blame them I understand how they feel. I just didn't want to add more stress onto an already stressful situation. Me stressing isn't going to change anything at least not with my case. I don't want to even consider some of those days they've been waiting😔

Agreed I came out of there totally  stressed and depressed from just the thought of it.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Agreed I came out of there totally  stressed and depressed from just the thought of it.

Yeah I  felt myself going there so I got out of there quick lol

43 minutes ago, NicholeT said:

Yeah I  felt myself going there so I got out of there quick lol

I don't even visit the June thread at all I imagine they are getting approvals  left and right but I don't  dare venture inside.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I don't even visit the June thread at all I imagine they are getting approvals  left and right but I don't  dare venture inside.

I went there too and yes they are so needless to say I'm staying away from there as well!

10 minutes ago, NicholeT said:

I went there too and yes they are so needless to say I'm staying away from there as well!

I guess best to just stay right here! I've been thinking about getting  me a puppy to ease my stress level, but I'm not sure that would work LOL

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.