1,901 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, maxis27 said:

My status changed from "Documents Required" to "at NVC". What does that mean? I have completed IV application and sent out all the documents. They scanned it on May 3rd. 

I just called NVC to check and they said my case is complete and next step is the wait for an interview date.  

SD : 5/3

IV Application Completed: 5/5

CC: 5/11

Edited by maxis27
duplicate

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
3 minutes ago, skyzee said:

Well, it did happen tonight. 9 weeks and 2 days later, we got our case number in the email at 7:35 PM PST.

It's been so trying I can't even be happy about it, and the first line in the e-mail is a condescending "Thank you for your interest in immigrating to the US". Thank you for putting my life on hold for what will be a year by the time this is said and done. Blah blah blah, whine whine whine, upwards and onwards. IV and AOS fees paid immediately of course.

Congrats! At least you're almost there :) 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, skyzee said:

Well, it did happen tonight. 9 weeks and 2 days later, we got our case number in the email at 7:35 PM PST.

It's been so trying I can't even be happy about it, and the first line in the e-mail is a condescending "Thank you for your interest in immigrating to the US". Thank you for putting my life on hold for what will be a year by the time this is said and done. Blah blah blah, whine whine whine, upwards and onwards. IV and AOS fees paid immediately of course.

Hahaha at least I think we stop getting referenced as aliens with nvc 👽

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, kendraf said:

Hahaha at least I think we stop getting referenced as aliens with nvc 👽

At this point, I think they're probably referencing me as more than just an alien right now given the amount of grief I've given various reps there.

If I never have to hear "it'll be up to 2 weeks, no wait, 8 weeks, no actually we don't have a timeline for you and don't know what the hell is going on" again, it'll be just fine by me. I swear I'll continue having nightmares about it even after this is all said and done.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, skyzee said:

Congratulations! 

Edited by ABK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
19 hours ago, TER said:

I got case number and invoice id over phone 2 days ago, still its not working. Normally how long it takes to active and we start selecting agent?

I got mine a10 days ago nd still nt working..want to pay nd finish evryth but cant.. they said they r changing their system to web processing..but is too long nd no open yet.someone knows called nd asked about that new system

1 hour ago, Fatima el orra said:

I got mine a10 days ago nd still nt working..want to pay nd finish evryth but cant.. they said they r changing their system to web processing..but is too long nd no open yet.someone knows called nd asked about that new system

I spoke to customer representative, they said I need to recieve welcome email until that I can't access it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/8/2018 at 8:51 PM, CR1Journey2017 said:

My wife lived in New Zealand for 5 months and 7 days as student at age 16... for some reason the CEAC system kicked out a request for NZ police report. We submitted to the NVC proof of her stamps showing less than 6 months of stay, and we will be applying for this Section 14 vetting to be sent to the consulate just in case. 

Do you have experience with the NZ police report? If the NVC comes back actually wanting it even though she was there for <6 months, will proof of the request for it to be sent directly to the consulate in the interview country be sufficient to get the interview scheduled? 

I was in NZ for 2 years and I've gone through this process its really simple just fill out the form and email it to them and within 3 working days they would forward your NZ PCC report to embassy directly 

Mine took24 hrs only 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, gsiberger said:

Finally, I got my case # and invoice #. I have a question: I paid the IV fee, but for the Affidavit of SUpport Fee it already said" Paid". How can this be?

I have no idea. I would suggest to call the NVC Monday morning if the problem persists (unless your spouse paid?)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.