AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Brittani said:

Have you received your NVC case number yet? If you haven’t called the NVC number after about two weeks then try them every other day. When they give you your case number you can then check it’s status online. Just google “CEAC case tracker” click the first link. Type in your case number make sure to click the immigrant visa one. After NVC transfers your case to your embassy you should receive an email from them.

I have the LDN number but nothing comes up on the CEAC page?? 

I only got the number on an email, on the phone they were massively unhelpful quoting 6-8 weeks then it came on an email from the contact form. We havent had the email from NVC with it yet though. 

If the best things in life are free, why is a long distance relationship so expensive!?

3rd July 2017 - NOA1
14th February - RFE
24th April 2018 - NOA2
11th May 2018 - NVC received
xx/xx/xxxx - NVC Case Number # received
xx/xx/xxxx - Medical
xx/xx/xxxx - Interview 
xx/xx/xxxx - POE
xx/xx/xxxx - Married

4 minutes ago, ThisGirlsCurls said:

I have the LDN number but nothing comes up on the CEAC page?? 

I only got the number on an email, on the phone they were massively unhelpful quoting 6-8 weeks then it came on an email from the contact form. We havent had the email from NVC with it yet though. 

I don’t mean this to sound rude or condescending but are you sure you were putting immigrant visa? Because everywhere tells us the K1 is a non immigrant visa but on CEAC it’ll be under the immigrant visa. Maybe for some reason you haven’t got registered on the CEAC tracker just yet but you should be if they gave you a case number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Brittani said:

I don’t mean this to sound rude or condescending but are you sure you were putting immigrant visa? Because everywhere tells us the K1 is a non immigrant visa but on CEAC it’ll be under the immigrant visa. Maybe for some reason you haven’t got registered on the CEAC tracker just yet but you should be if they gave you a case number.

For some resson when i typed it, it would not search. I just copied and pasted the exact same thing and....it searched (go figure)

it says ‘at NVC’. We have had no email. 

I just read on the site that some countries upload all the documents ive been sorting out, how did you submit yours as it also says once documents are submitted to NVC it takes 6 weeks to refiew before you can book an interview? 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

If the best things in life are free, why is a long distance relationship so expensive!?

3rd July 2017 - NOA1
14th February - RFE
24th April 2018 - NOA2
11th May 2018 - NVC received
xx/xx/xxxx - NVC Case Number # received
xx/xx/xxxx - Medical
xx/xx/xxxx - Interview 
xx/xx/xxxx - POE
xx/xx/xxxx - Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I called again today. 

They said they are doing finishing touches, so I asked for any detailed progress of my case and they checked for a sec and said  they can see that it’s 90% filled up in the system. Hmmmm

NVC Received May 1, Case no. May 3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I didn't come here for a week so I'm happy to see many people's progress and approves!

Still waiting for NVC case number. It's been more than 20 days now.

It makes me nervous but seeing all of your progress keeps me positive! I believe that our case is right around the corner! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Muhammad sohail said:

Cr1

Then you are asking in the wrong topic.

The wait time is different.

1 hour ago, Yuilicious said:

I didn't come here for a week so I'm happy to see many people's progress and approves!

Still waiting for NVC case number. It's been more than 20 days now.

It makes me nervous but seeing all of your progress keeps me positive! I believe that our case is right around the corner! 

Mine came at 21. 

Did they receive it?

5 hours ago, ThisGirlsCurls said:

For some resson when i typed it, it would not search. I just copied and pasted the exact same thing and....it searched (go figure)

it says ‘at NVC’. We have had no email. 

I just read on the site that some countries upload all the documents ive been sorting out, how did you submit yours as it also says once documents are submitted to NVC it takes 6 weeks to refiew before you can book an interview? 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

For the UK Embassy and you as a K-1 will not be uploading documents. You are getting a little ahead of  yourself. This is the information you need to review for the Embassy in the UK. Scroll down to "AnthonyJ" about 3/4 of the way down the page.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/667509-april-2018-noa2-nvc/?page=167

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Naes said:

The wait time is different.

Mine came at 21. 

Did they receive it?

oh ok! Good to know. Hopefully we will get it next week. I think they still say they haven't received our case yet. My fiancé is the one who's been calling NVC so I'm no that's exacy sure, but I'll ask him to ask them if they've received it or not. Thank you @Naes!

Edited by Yuilicious

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, ElieSon said:

For anyone who helped their fiance fill out the DS-160, how did you answer the questions if anyone helped him? Do I answer yes? I know I saw this somewhere on one of the threads, but I can't seem to find it anywhere now. I know he has to actually submit it but i wanted to help him upload the picture. 

You can help him fill it, but he has to sign it.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Yuilicious said:

oh ok! Good to know. Hopefully we will get it next week. I think they still say they haven't received our case yet. My fiancé is the one who's been calling NVC so I'm no that's exacy sure, but I'll ask him to ask them if they've received it or not. Thank you @Naes!

So my timeline if you need:

4/4 paper noa2

4/5 noa2 online

4/26 NVC received

4/27 NVC case number - at NVC 

5/2  NVC in transit 

5/7 embassy received - case ready (remember from 3-6 was also golden week so it can be less than this

5/15 case ready - date updated (this happened because we had to call so it may be a little off, but they also sent me the papers on this day, and every day this status updates with the recen date.)

5/17 packet3 in mail (however it would come on 5/16 but because I didn’t change my address and used post office forwarding it came one day late)

in the meantime;

NVC sends a mail with attachment when your case goes into transit. You can use that to take to your medical.

i believe it usually takes about 5 days (3 business days) for most Japan cases to be sent (case number to transit)

so so what I did: booked medical when I got the number for 5/15, got my results on 5/18. 

They want you to send some things before interview. Packet3  usually arrives (if no problem with the post) 3 days to 12 days from what I’ve seen here.

it may depend on where you live :) 

you can ask me whatever you need...I stalked every japan case here....

It has been 4 weeks since my approval! And NVC has yet to receive my petition 😔 every time I call all they say is wait 6-8 wks. Now should I be concerned? I have seen others of the same country get everything done at NVC in 14 days (Noa2-case#) this is so damn frustrating.. Waited 7 months for a darn RFE then another 3 months to get approved this is ridiculous 😬🤔😔😏😠

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi all, just an update, got an email from NVC today stating my case is in transit, a little strange to me considering the email was sent at 6.30am on 5/19 (Sat) but oh well, I'm not complaining haha.

For those still trying to get updates from NVC

I would definitely recommend emailing them about your case enquiry, I don't know if they do the same for all cases, but I sent in an inquiry 1 week after my NOA2 asking for them to email both me and my fiancé if any updates occur and they've updated me on my case being received, my case number and my case being sent out without me pushing for further queries.

So do try that too if you want. 

Good luck everyone!

May all of you have your visas on hand soon. :)

I-129F Filed: 11 October 2017

I-129F NOA1: 16 October 2017

I-129F NOA2: 21 April 2018 

NVC Received: 14 May 2018 

Case Number Assigned: 16 May 2018

NVC Left: 18 May 2018

Embassy Received: 21 May 2018

Packet 3 Received: 24 May 2018

Medical: 30 May 2018

Packet 4 Received: 21 June 2018

Interview Date: 10 July 2018 (Approved)

Visa on Hand: 21 July 2018

Port of Entry: Seattle, 12 August 2018

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Guacamole said:

Hi all, just an update, got an email from NVC today stating my case is in transit, a little strange to me considering the email was sent at 6.30am on 5/19 (Sat) but oh well, I'm not complaining haha.

For those still trying to get updates from NVC

I would definitely recommend emailing them about your case enquiry, I don't know if they do the same for all cases, but I sent in an inquiry 1 week after my NOA2 asking for them to email both me and my fiancé if any updates occur and they've updated me on my case being received, my case number and my case being sent out without me pushing for further queries.

So do try that too if you want. 

Good luck everyone!

May all of you have your visas on hand soon. :)

So you got 3 emails from NVC, basically every time an update occurred?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, D & JL said:

It has been 4 weeks since my approval! And NVC has yet to receive my petition 😔 every time I call all they say is wait 6-8 wks. Now should I be concerned? I have seen others of the same country get everything done at NVC in 14 days (Noa2-case#) this is so damn frustrating.. Waited 7 months for a darn RFE then another 3 months to get approved this is ridiculous 😬🤔😔😏😠

That's really long.. I hope it will reach this week.

42 minutes ago, Naes said:

That's really long.. I hope it will reach this week.

I hope so too! 😏 I thought it would have been shorter ugh.. My patience is ticking 😠

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.