AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Probably been asked a million times but what info do I need on hand when calling the NVC?

i think i'm not wrong 

you need the;

WAC  number

Name of the petitioner your name then

Name of the beneficiary and may be the country of the beneficary and possibly birth date 

please to correct if i'm wrong

10 hours ago, Naes said:

Ah ok. (I was just trying to understand if you had a concern specific to having a lawyer, like your emails and notifications going to the lawyer and not to you.)

You don’t print out from there. they should have sent you an e-mail with an attachment when the case goes into “transit” , in japan it is ok to use this e-mail to go to medical because this has your name and case number and all necessary information.

so either you (or maybe your lawyer I’m not sure I didn’t use one) will or should have received this. There won’t be a hard copy letter but just an e-mail.

Some medical clinics also accepts the printout (it is actually printout of the screenshot) of the case status but I’m not sure if clinics in India does. 

Thanks for your input, since its been almost a week that we've received our case number and about 4 days since our case has been in transit, im sure the lawyer has received the email. Thanks once a again!

5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

HERE is the link to the Embassy Letter/P3 if you don't already have it.  Also, you can email NVC to get a letter that contains your case number to show at the medical. Some Medical facilities will except the screen shot of your interview confirmation in lieu of the NVC case number email.  BTW check your spam folders as sometimes it may go there.

Email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: Your receipt #

Body: Petitioner's Complete Name Birthday ; Beneficiary's Complete Name Birthday

Or use the on-line form

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

If i don't have an email yet, ill try this route as my other option. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Filip and Alix said:

Hi all!! 

Who else is going a bit nutso on this lovely Monday morning? 

😜🤪😳😱

Patiently waiting for "in transit" 

Can I be so bold as to hope that we are moved to in transit in the next day or two???

4/27 NVC RECIEVED

5/1 RECIEVED AS ELECTRONIC CASE

5/3 STATUS "AT NVC"

SAMMMMMME ... waiting and waiting and waiting :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
9 hours ago, Naes said:

Let’s see @Fippsie 

can you help us with your experience?

I never called the embassy for anything. :) They get your information and everything they need from the ustraveldocs page. 

September 28,  2017 - I-129F Sent

October 2, 2017 I-129F NOA1

March 24, 2018 - NOA2

April 10, 2018 -  Case number received

April 14, 2018 - Case marked as ready

April 18, 2018 - Received and sent back Package 3

May 2, 2018 - Medical

May 16, 2018 - Interview

May 17, 2018 - Visa Issued

May 23, 2018 - Visa in the mail

June 2, 2018 - POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
2 hours ago, jean baptiste said:

i got the notification on the 30th but on the hard copy it says notice date 26 so we're close i think

My NOA2 hard copy is dated by the 26th 

Im close too! 😊

When do you think we should call the NVC for our case number? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just got our case case # :) NOA1 11th April.

now I know this has been covered many times before but would someone mind telling me the next steps I need to take now I have the case #? Btw I will be interviewed in London.

Thanks!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Btw i just want to thank everyone who patiently replies to my inquiries. Currently working on gathering the supporting documents i need to send out. Its an overwhelming response to see other people who are in the same situation as i am working and helping each other out. I wish everyone good luck on this journey as we are almost at the finish line of the 1st phase.

2 hours ago, Ryceancurry said:

Hello all!

Just called NVC for the first time today. Looks like my timing is impeccable, they just received our case today. woohoo!

NOA2: Apr 18th (Paper Apr 17th)

NVC Case Received: May 7th

NVC Case #: Waiting....

Hope everyone has a good week.

-Justin

Yay! My NOA2 is April 18th too! I'll call later tonight and see if the case number is ready! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.