John951

APRIL 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,858 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Abcd1234 said:

So if filed taxes and tax transcripts are not available yet🤔😟, because i am sure with high fraud country in Pakistan,  i am seeing them asking official ones from irs...i am worried they may ask to bring official one at interview so delaying case😕

Take the official transcript for the current year. It's either you use 2017 which you can get now or you use 2018 if it's available. You can't pull a rabbit out of the hat when there is no rabbit. Your overthinking this.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
20 minutes ago, CMH678 said:

Can I submit a copy of my tax return? Or does it have to be a tax transcript?

Thank You and Best Wishes,

Chris

Personally, I am supplying both. I read somewhere that it’s better to supply a tax transcript. I signed up to the IRS website and downloaded the last 5 years and took less than 5 minutes and was free. Tax transcripts show you actually filed whereas a tax return could simply mean you filled out something on turbo tax and copies of tax returns from IRS they charge you for and can take quite a few weeks to send you....just my 2 cents 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi Nguoi Nuoc Ngoai,

Thank you for replying to my questions.  I see that your fiance(e) is from Vietnam.

The same is with me.  What is your NOA1 date? Mine is 04/03/2018.

Thank you so much,

Chris

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, Maham10 said:

Hi! I'm from Pakistan, for the first point:

You need a police certificate irrespective of if you've been outside Pakistan or not. They need to know if you were a responsible citizen wherever you resided. In Pakistan it takes around 2 to 3 weeks or longer if you've changed a lot of addresses since birth.

2. You can either get vaccinations now or if you don't you will need to during another medical for AOS in the US. Highly recommend you get them from Pakistan. No forms to be filled, the panel doctor in Pakistan will give you a sealed report after your medical which you will need to take with you to interview at embassy and at the POE, do not open that envelope under any circumstances. 

Hope that helps. 

Thanks Maham10. Thats helpful.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, CMH678 said:

Hi Nguoi Nuoc Ngoai,

Thank you for replying to my questions.  I see that your fiance(e) is from Vietnam.

Thank you so much,

Chris

Hi Chris

I believe 04/09

Have you made your timeline yet? You can track others from Vietnam when you go in and select country etc and see how others are gauging with their NOA2s and try to estimate yours...Greenbaum has a great suggestion/recommendation for that...maybe he will share again 😉

Edited by người nước ngoài

2 hours ago, CMH678 said:

Hi Nguoi Nuoc Ngoai,

Thank you so much,

Chris

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Greenbaum's Tips: 

1. It's advisable that once you receive your NOA2 that you contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address.

2.  Use the tools here in VJ to answer "when I am going to get etc. etc." question. Near your picture, there is a link to your timeline. Select it and once you're on the next page near your picture you will see "follow similar timelines" and it will populate 12 other couples who are near your dates. Scroll down and you will see a "spreadsheet" style page showing all the variables for measurement for when others from your Embassy are getting the same notice of approval or action.  Try it. It really works!

3. And if you want to follow those from other countries that have similar timelines as yours there are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them.

I followed those that were in my group to give me an idea where they were in processing so I could judge if I was ahead or behind.  It's pretty accurate, maybe within a day or so.

If you choose to follow those twelve members then you will get an email every time their status updates.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, người nước ngoài said:

Personally, I am supplying both. I read somewhere that it’s better to supply a tax transcript. I signed up to the IRS website and downloaded the last 5 years and took less than 5 minutes and was free. Tax transcripts show you actually filed whereas a tax return could simply mean you filled out something on turbo tax and copies of tax returns from IRS they charge you for and can take quite a few weeks to send you....just my 2 cents 

Why do when do will do. You only need the Tax transcripts and most embassies require one year maybe 3 at most and I have never heard 5 years. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, người nước ngoài said:

Govt offices closed for Columbus Day ☹️

I didn’t think that was a recognized holiday still.

Federal holidays 2018

Federal Holidays 2019 >> New Year Day 2018 Monday, January 1, 2018, Martin Luther King Jr. Presidents' Day 2018 Monday, February 19, 2018, Memorial Day 2018 Monday, May 28, 2018, Independence Day 2018 Wednesday, July 4, 2018, Labor Day 2018 Monday, September 3, 2018, Columbus Day 2018 Monday, October 8, 2018 Veterans Day 2018 Sunday, November 11, 2018
whatisthedatetoday.com/federal-holidays-2018.html
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Why do when do will do. You only need the Tax transcripts and most embassies require one year maybe 3 at most and I have never heard 5 years. :thumbs:

I also have a CRBA to fill out and need to prove 5 year history in US...my social security statement will do but that’s for another topic and not K1 but since I retrieved last 5 years, I’ve duplicated my paperwork for K1...was just saying that I easily got last 5 years transcripts so anyone can get last 3 for sure 

Edited by người nước ngoài

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm very new in understanding this process but I have submitted my application back on April 29th. Can someone please direct me where I can read about what to expect next. My understanding is I'm waiting on NOA2 notice but after that is what I need clarification on.

Thanks in advance  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Aruk said:

I'm very new in understanding this process but I have submitted my application back on April 29th. Can someone please direct me where I can read about what to expect next. My understanding is I'm waiting on NOA2 notice but after that is what I need clarification on.

Thanks in advance  

I found this website to be useful, although I still haven't personally gone through the process yet....Still waiting on that NOA2 which will hopefully come any day now!!

https://www.visatutor.com/fiancee-k-1-visa/fiancee-k-1-visa-process/

03/30/2018 - Mailed I-129f

04/03/2018 - NOA1 old site

04/05/2018 - NOA1 new site

10/17/2018 - NOA2 (197 days)

11/09/2018 - NVC Received Case

11/13/2018 - NVC Case number received

11/27/2018 - Case sent to embassy

11/30/2018 - Case arrived at embassy (NVC says "Ready")

01/17/2019 - Medical exam completed

02/07/2019 - Interview

02/28/2019 - Visa in Hand 

03/01/2019 - Entered USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.