1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Husband's EAD/AP combo card and approval notices arrived in the mail yesterday!!! Less than 1 week from when it was approved (Friday). It's amazing when USCIS things happen quickly, cus' it's not often. haha. He already started working since our roommate had an opening at his company. And today we're going to the MVD so he can get a renewed state ID (they only gave one with the expiration of the initial i-94) and so he can take the test to get a driver's permit. 

Such a great feeling!! For anyone still waiting for EAD, just hang in there - it will happen soon!! 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

Hello guys!

I've been reading a lot of EAD approval lately and I just couldn't wait for mine!

I filed for Adjustment of Status on April 18, 2018 and my case was received on April 23rd. I didn't hear from USCIS after receiving the receipt notices, not until the last week of May where I got a notification saying that "a notice was returned to USCIS". I was sure it was my biometrics appointment. I created an SR but I didn't receive a response not until 3 months later.

Anyway, I did my biometrics on June 13th. The lost notice affected my application because they really can't do anything about my case without my biometrics, which I was supposed to do in May, and not in June. As a result, my application is 3 weeks behind.

I looked at almost everyone's progress and it looks like it will take National Benefits Center approximately 14-17 weeks after biometrics to process EAD/AP, unless you received an RFE. That said, since I didn't get an RFE, I may get my EAD next week of the following week. But I have a pending job offer and I called USCIS to expedite. The Tier 1 officer provided with SR number that I lost (bummer) and I wanted to talk to a Tier 2 officer for an update and also because my expedition request didn't show up in my Case History. Is this normal?

For those who haven't received their EADs yet, can you please share your timeline?

I look forward to your responses!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got an RFE. Asking for a I-94... I crossed through Canadian tunnel and they don’t provide you with one when you are going through land from Canada to USA. I had submitted copies of my passport and a print out from the border patrol website showing my last entry and thought that might be sufficient but I guess not. Anyone had this problem? My attorney thinks that if I provide an affidavit stating my last entry date and that I crossed through Canada that it will be good enough. Just trying to see if anyone else ever had this issue and how they dealt with it?

1 minute ago, Rittaaxx said:

Just got an RFE. Asking for a I-94... I crossed through Canadian tunnel and they don’t provide you with one when you are going through land from Canada to USA. I had submitted copies of my passport and a print out from the border patrol website showing my last entry and thought that might be sufficient but I guess not. Anyone had this problem? My attorney thinks that if I provide an affidavit stating my last entry date and that I crossed through Canada that it will be good enough. Just trying to see if anyone else ever had this issue and how they dealt with it?

Can you go to i94 website and print one ? That’s how I did 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Can you go to i94 website and print one ? That’s how I did 

Nope tried that there’s nothing there. It says Canadians don’t need one. I provided a copy from the US Border patrol website showing my passport was scanned on my last entry. 

I thought every single person who enters the US has an I-94 to track online. Every person has to be accounted for in the system somehow. That's so strange! I mean, we don't let people just come and go as they please by just stamping a passport. There must be something. Are you sure you are putting the correct information in on the site?

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

I thought every single person who enters the US has an I-94 to track online. Every person has to be accounted for in the system somehow. That's so strange! I mean, we don't let people just come and go as they please by just stamping a passport. There must be something. Are you sure you are putting the correct information in on the site?

Not if you came from Canada through a land Port of entry. Or if you ask for one when crossing. I didn’t think this was required when crossing so I just spoke to the immigration officer as always. He asked some verbal questions and then that was that. Im going to send the affidavit and see how that goes. Wish me luck everyone and I will certainly keep you posted. Thank you very much for your help

This is soooo frustrating!!!!

PD April 19th

21st may  to schedule interview

Silenceee since then!

NO EAD AP ETC! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After 165 days, I finally received an update that my EAD was approved!!! My received date was April 5! 

I just want to survey, when did you actually receive your EAD card from the time they texted / updated your case that it was approved? 1 week? 2 weeks? 3?

I just had a job interview two days ago and I will have a phone screen for another position on Monday. I'm relieved that I can tell the recruiter and the hiring manager that I am now actually "eligible" to work in the United States and it would only take a few weeks to get my EAD.

3 hours ago, star6 said:

This is soooo frustrating!!!!

PD April 19th

21st may  to schedule interview

Silenceee since then!

NO EAD AP ETC! 

2 hours ago, Josephine Ann said:

After 165 days, I finally received an update that my EAD was approved!!! My received date was April 5! 

I just want to survey, when did you actually receive your EAD card from the time they texted / updated your case that it was approved? 1 week? 2 weeks? 3?

I just had a job interview two days ago and I will have a phone screen for another position on Monday. I'm relieved that I can tell the recruiter and the hiring manager that I am now actually "eligible" to work in the United States and it would only take a few weeks to get my EAD.

Why did it take you guys that long? Did you guys get an RFE?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, antipasti7 said:

Why did it take you guys that long? Did you guys get an RFE?

No. We didn't get an RFE. I don't know what took them that long but we're still within their timeline. I guess it just really depends on who handles your papers.

I don't know if where I live matters in how long they processed my EAD approval but I'm certain it does for the Adjustment of Status. It's gonna be 17-26 months wait to be a permanent resident here in Dallas, TX. I don't really mind waiting that long now because the EAD is now approved! I can finally work! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
19 hours ago, Josephine Ann said:

Congratulations!. Yes it feels relief when we get notified EAD approved and get a job offer. I think it depends on location. I got the real EAD card a week after the notification on email. But some people got it after two weeks of notification.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.