TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

3,103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

I just wanted someone could explain the way cases are assigned. How are people in June still waiting but they are approving late October?? 

Yes, I would like answer to this question as well. UNBELIEVABLE :(

Filing K-1 Visa

Sent application: Oct 2nd, 2017

Receipt date: Oct 6th, 2017

NOA2: pending

NVC: pending

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, sumbunny said:

Where did you find out? I haven't seen any 10/25 NOA1s in scans yet. New website?

I received an notification on the app and checked on the USCIS site. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

Update on my call from an immigration officer who was a little bit nicer than the last one. The reason for my call was to see the difference in what they tell me each time. Last time the lady had no idea. Although this time, he had no idea but he did tell me it's with an adjudicator. I said can I talk to them. He is like no we cant transfer calls here not until after 41 days which is when I will be out of normal processing time. 

I am going to call again before the end of the week if I dont receive anything from them to see what they tell me..

Hi, how did u contact them? What specifically did u ask about in order to get ur request to speak to a tier 2 officer?

event.png

10/11/17 : NOA1

05/29/18 : NOA2

??/??/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED  

??/??/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

??/??/18: CONSULATE RECEIVED 

??/??/18 : MEDICAL

??/??/18 : INTERVIEW

??/??/18 : APPROVAL/VISA RECIEVED

??/??/18 : FLIGHT/POE

??/??/?? : WEDDING <3 <3 <3

36 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

exactly 6 month on my side also what a day then my mind is like hamered when i saw october 27 filers got approval

Im feeling that way too when i see dates past our NOA1, now i know how previous months feel. 😭

28 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

I just wish someone could explain the way cases are assigned. How are people in June still waiting but they are approving late October?? 

I truly don’t understand how they work, whats the point in dating NOA1’s?!

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

9 minutes ago, Nikki Nik said:

Hi, how did u contact them? What specifically did u ask about in order to get ur request to speak to a tier 2 officer?

Call their customer service line 

800-375-5283

Follow instructions 

Press 1 for English 

2 for any petitions you file 

2 for not knowing your case number 

Even if you know

It will connect you to tier 1 

Request to speak to someone who can give you specifically more information about your case. If they refuse, nicely demand it. Then they will transfer you to tier 2 but usually there is a call back system. Just follow instructions and then they give you a ridiculous wait time like 400 minutes lol but they call back in an hour or two hours the most. And the number they contact you from is a very vague 800 number. I usually keep my phone unoccupied and always with me until I hear back. But the response is no different from tier 1 just a bit more creative if you're still within normal processing time 

2 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

Call their customer service line 

800-375-5283

Follow instructions 

Press 1 for English 

2 for any petitions you file 

2 for not knowing your case number 

Even if you know

It will connect you to tier 1 

Request to speak to someone who can give you specifically more information about your case. If they refuse, nicely demand it. Then they will transfer you to tier 2 but usually there is a call back system. Just follow instructions and then they give you a ridiculous wait time like 400 minutes lol but they call back in an hour or two hours the most. And the number they contact you from is a very vague 800 number. I usually keep my phone unoccupied and always with me until I hear back. But the response is no different from tier 1 just a bit more creative if you're still within normal processing time 

Also it's good to call when they open at 8am eastern standard time.

17 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Im feeling that way too when i see dates past our NOA1, now i know how previous months feel. 😭

I truly don’t understand how they work, whats the point in dating NOA1’s?!

Me too. We pay for this!!!!! We should have every right to know what's going on!! More transparency!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all,

First time posting but have been lurking here for quite a while. Thanks to everyone for their updates and positivity.

I have a question on a status update. Our NOA1 is Oct 20. Today we received an update on the old website case tracker

"Notice Explaining USCIS' Actions Was Mailed

On April 17, 2018, we began reviewing your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number WAC189XXXXXXX. We mailed you a notice informing you of the action we intend to take on your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice and submit any requested materials. If you do not receive your notice by May 1, 2018, please call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address"

Has anyone received similar or know what this means? Very nervous and hoping it isn't bad news...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
6 hours ago, DIVITA said:

Good morning guys I have a question hopefully someone can help, I just got my approval but my fiance phone number change like a month ago what should I do? I know the embassy will call him and email but I went over application and I didn't put email for him it didn't ask for one only his phone number. Im very concerned never been thru the processed and we got too far already. Thanks in advance!!

Mail the embassy after you get your case number about the new details. 

They will most likely reach the petitioner as they have that email address.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, DPP123 said:

I just wish someone could explain the way cases are assigned. How are people in June still waiting but they are approving late October?? 

Only by this message I guessed you’re an early October :D 

I believe I wrote about this a lot but I can easily say you’re only thinking this now cause you didn’t get your noa2 yet. This phrase comes with personal date passing by (and I admit it is frustrating). If everyone was waiting for that one case from maybe February to come back from checks and finished.. well we would b in February.

in the end every case is different, not every case will come back at the same time from security checks and other departments. So they don’t come back in the same exact order they go. (That would be illogical) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.