3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Hanna Bui said:

i think it's only a common email to pettioners when they issue any card. But they sent only one card belongs the updated status online.

Wait and see dear, but any card is the gift to your case, mentions that it's going through. 

Yes thanks i will you know

29 minutes ago, Bryan12 said:

Happy Sunday.

please I want to clarify if Advanced parole documents comes with EAD,are they combo or you have to apply for it separated .

Also I heard it comes with the EAD(is it the first EAD or the last EAD sent to people prior to approval of the i360.

Thanks 

Advanced Parole is form I-131, the Employment Authorization is form I-765. They are two separate applications with two separate processing times that you can look up on the USCIS website. If you send in both around the same time, most of the time the IO will work on them together and issue a combo card but not always. If it is not a combo card, your EAD will be a card and AP will be a document. 

When AP/EAD is issued depends on the processing times. If you file I-765 under category C31 (means your spouse is an LPR and/or you don’t have an I-485 pending), then you will not receive the EAD until after VAWA is adjudicated. If you file under category C9 (your spouse is a USC and you have a pending I-485), you will receive the EAD according to the processing times, which is 3-5 months typically. AP processing times are around the same. You count from the Receipt Date on your notice. 

2 hours ago, sunkissed1 said:

Hello folks, please is there anyone here who has successfully filed for FAFSA without a social security number? Please I will like to pick your brains as to how you went about it. Thank you in advance.

You need ssn to apply for FAFSA, because the first step will be to verify your ssn with social security administration, then they will notify you if it is valid or not before approving you for any aid. I have never heard of FAFSA approval without ssn.

8 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

Advanced Parole is form I-131, the Employment Authorization is form I-765. They are two separate applications with two separate processing times that you can look up on the USCIS website. If you send in both around the same time, most of the time the IO will work on them together and issue a combo card but not always. If it is not a combo card, your EAD will be a card and AP will be a document. 

When AP/EAD is issued depends on the processing times. If you file I-765 under category C31 (means your spouse is an LPR and/or you don’t have an I-485 pending), then you will not receive the EAD until after VAWA is adjudicated. If you file under category C9 (your spouse is a USC and you have a pending I-485), you will receive the EAD according to the processing times, which is 3-5 months typically. AP processing times are around the same. You count from the Receipt Date on your notice. 

My 1st ead is combo card (i filled 2 applications along) but i didn't know that value on my card, then i was waiting for my travel parole card until about 1 month ago i got the 2nd ead card cat 31 without travel document (i didn't renew travel document) i realizied that. I would't travel to my home with cofusing about uscis not issueing travel document to me 😂

10 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

Thanks for the clarification.

can I file the i131 form anytime as my lawyer just file for i360,i485 and i765.

thanks 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/19/2018 at 1:26 PM, staypositive said:

hey @sandranj I tried to DM you about this but it seems like your inbox is full. I had a question about this topic regarding same sex marriages and conservative and very homophobic parents. My sibling knows about the marriage but my parents do not because they would turn against me and my father would even turn violent himself if he knew. On top of all that my ex used threats to “out” me to my parents as a way to keep control over me. Does USCIS know about the dynamics in gay relationships and that people are not always “out” to their entire family given they’re from a different cultural background where it would never be accepted?

thank you for your help. 

Uscis knows about homophobia but it’s your job to explain to USCIS why your parents doesn’t know about the marriage.

Ask your siblings to write in their afffiavits why your parents don’t know about the marriage.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Uscis knows about homophobia but it’s your job to explain to USCIS why your parents doesn’t know about the marriage.

Ask your siblings to write in their afffiavits why your parents don’t know about the marriage.

Hi, I was trying to pm you but your inbox is full how can I get through please 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dejoy said:

Hi, I was trying to pm you but your inbox is full how can I get through please 

today is my 61 day since they got my rfe it says on the letter they will respond within 60 days what should i do or should i continue to wait ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, rza said:

today is my 61 day since they got my rfe it says on the letter they will respond within 60 days what should i do or should i continue to wait ?

Sandranj won’t get your message 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.