3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, iwillsurvive said:

Write to your senator or the ombudsman to inquire on your behalf. 

do u think its normal and i should wait little more  or i should do it at once since it was written within 60 days on notice ? what would u suggest

Is this normal?

I just received receipt notices for concurrent filing I-485/I-360/I-131 without a receipt notice for I-765. All fees waived!! But What’s up with that?

should I expect it separately in be mail?

The receipt notice for I-485 doesn’t reference the I-765 at all.

i know the AP/EAD combo is one card, but shouldn’t I receive a receipt notice for I-765?

thanks.

Edited by Double

27 minutes ago, Double said:

Is this normal?

I just received receipt notices for concurrent filing I-485/I-360/I-131 without a receipt notice for I-765. All fees waived!! But What’s up with that?

i know the AP/EAD combo is one card, but shouldn’t I receive a receipt notice for I-765?

thanks.

If you filed I-765, you should receive a separate receipt notice for it. I would wait up until 6 weeks after filing and then send a letter to VSC inquiring about the notice. 

41 minutes ago, Double said:

Is this normal?

thanks.

That happen to me too, whenever I filled I-485 with the I-765, I received the I-765 two weeks later stating I had an error and I had to resubmitted it again. It was a rejection notice. I resubmitted the application like three weeks ago, now my case has been received and accepted. It could be that it is delayed or possible rejected. Like mine said case received 07/09 and notice date 07/16 and I received in on the mail 07/21. For the rejection it was like receive 06/18 and rejection notice 06/27. However, for the I-485 my case was received on 06/18 and notice date 06/22 and it was in the mail by 06/25. Both didn't come together and I was also worried. Hope this helps !

Edited by Valerie899
Add stuff

3 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

That happen to me too, whenever I filled I-485 with the I-765, I received the I-765 two weeks later stating I had an error and I had to resubmitted it again. It was a rejection notice. I resubmitted the application like three weeks ago, now my case has been received and accepted. It could be that it is delayed or possible rejected. Like mine said case received 07/09 and notice date 07/16 and I received in on the mail 07/21. For the rejection it was like receive 06/18 and rejection notice 06/27. However, for the I-485 my case was received on 06/18 and notice date 06/22 and it was in the mail by 06/25. Both didn't come together and I was also worried. Hope this helps !

Wow!! Thanks. I hope I signed the I-765 and entered everything correctly. I’ll be on the lookout for the mail. Thank You.

3 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

If you filed I-765, you should receive a separate receipt notice for it. I would wait up until 6 weeks after filing and then send a letter to VSC inquiring about the notice. 

Thanks. I’ll be patient.

42 minutes ago, Double said:

Wow!! Thanks. I hope I signed the I-765 and entered everything correctly. I’ll be on the lookout for the mail. Thank You.

Thanks. I’ll be patient.

Yes. you are welcome. The wait sucks, but hopefully you get your ead notice in the mail. 😁 I know I was also worried when I just only received the i-485 . 

I am now writing down my self statement and also trying to gather the important documents  for my VAWA case. I have few questions popped up on my head. I and my spouse  both have different religion. We have lived together for 7 months and then we got married. Only our friends, my wife'e sister  and the minister witnessed the marriage. My brother, mom and my wife's dad know about our marriage. We have lots of pictures and proof which indicate that we lived together and we have bonafide marriage with good faith. There some evidences of emotional and physical torture such as my broken tooth,  rude behavior and slang  when she takes drugs, bruise on my body when she threw utensils at me and threaten me  when I do not give her money .We applied for adjustment of status which is approved and on progress for the first interview. I told her to divorce me and make me free from this situation. My wife  does not want to divorce me. I don't know what is the reason for that. I cannot depend on my wife for the interview because she is on some drug issues. My wife has a warrant because of drugs and misdemeanor. On the other hand, my background is clean and I am a research assistant in some university. It's becoming so stressful to do everything in a very short time. I wish to get my lawyer who will help me to process my filing . But, I cannot afford to pay more than 2k in this situation. 

However, we don't follow any religion.   Is there any red flag because of our religious issues or the absence of our parents on the marriage ceremony?  or anybody has any suggestion for me ? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hello everyone. 

I am new to this forum and I would like to share my current situation with you and hopefully hear some positive feedback on my case. 

I came to US on B1 visa in 2015, in 2016 I met my husband and we started dating through whole year until he proposed me in October 2016 and we got married in May 2017 (we are same sex couple). We filed our AoS packet in June 2017 and we are still waiting for the interview notice to appear. 

But, in January this year (2018) things started to change for a bit. My husband started to act differently, he was never at home and whenever he would come back he would act strange. I always thought that he is going through something and I just felt helpless because whenever I tried to talk about it he would just tell me shut up and to leave him alone. That was the first sign of what was about to happen - shortly afterwards he started cheating on me and started to threat me like I was worthless and like he was in the control of everything. I was there to be silent and to be told not to say my opinion. We started to fight alot about everything, to the point that he would start abusing me verbaly and sometimes physically (he once hit me in the head and got my tooth knocked out, one time he cut me with knife). I felt so scared and devastated, I never called the police because I always thought it’s just a phase, it will pass. I was too scared of everything.  I admit I was stupid enough to stay in that place with him, but I was always hoping for thay ray of light to come up. It never did. 

Back in the day he would get high and I never had problem with that. But lately he is abusing that to the point that he spends all of the money for marijuana and alcohol. Everynight he gets high or comes home drunk and starts arguing whenever I try to say something. He brings random people home and they all make noise and smoke and drink until 4am.  One time he got drunk and told me that he will never go to the interview, because he feels like I don’t deserve it. One day he will feel one thing, the next day different. I had several mental breakdowns in the past few months, I was losing my focus, I couldn’t do my job properly and my state affected  my physical and mental health. I have stomach pain for the past 3 months, my doctor and psychologist told me it’s because of some kind of trauma or stress. I am having panic attacks almost every night to the point that I can only sleep 3 hours a night. 

Last month we were looking to find new home and move out because I thought that will change our situation if we move out. We found this beautiful apartment and we got approved for it. But that same night when we got back home he went out for few hours and came back under marijuana usage and told me he is not moving out, because he wants to be in control of everything and that he wants to bring home whoever he wants. And few moments after that he kicked me out of the apartmant and slammed the door. Thank universe I had my wallet with me and took a cab to my friends place where I am staying at even right now. 

The next day I went to the real estate office to sign the lease, but my husband never signed it because he wasn’t present and we are supposed to be moving in August 1st. I told him about that and I received messages that I am the last person he wants to see and that he doesn’t care about anything. We have phone bill under our names, it’s a contract, and he said he will cut out my phone. 

I have to say that he was in jail in the past, maybe 4 years ago, because he was in a relationship with some guy and he called the police on him for destroying his property and he spent 2 days in jail because of that. I do not know if that is the main reason he was in jail, at this point I am questioning everything. 

I am so sorry for such a long post, but I really live in constant fear at the moment and I cannot help myself. I wanted to pack my bags and go back to my country at some point, I was losing my mind. I live in a fear in the country that’s supposed to be the land of the free. What did I ever do to deserve something like this? All I did was for love and all that I got was hatred. 

My question is - we have a pending I-130 and I-485 cases, we are waiting for an interview letter to arrive any time now. What would be the best option for me and my future? 

Thank you so so much everyone, I would honestly appreciate any piece of advise. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.