3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline
On 7/25/2018 at 11:21 AM, Florecita_Bella said:

Hello everyone,

I have learned that some people in the state of Florida can get a driver's license with the Prima Facie. I understand that a Prima Facie does not grant a legal status, I have also known of people who when they put a ticket to transit are sometimes deported for not having a legal status, which is why I ask myself the following:

1. Differences between a normal license and one obtained with Prima Facie?
2. Has someone with a license under Prima Facie been able to pay a transit ticket without problem?
3. What are the restrictions on a driver's license under the condition of Prima Facie?
4. How long do they issue the validity of the license?
5. Is it a paper or a plastic that is obtained?
6. What is the cost to obtain it?

Thanks for your help!!!

I live in the state of Florida and I got a temporary Driver License, for 60 days but the expiration date is the same as the Prima facie letter, the temporary DL was only a piece of paper, then after 3 months they sent me by mail the regular plastic card (expiring on prima facie date expiration)

I went to the DMV with my Prima facie letter, marriage certificate and an old DL if you do not have DL take your country passport. In case the DMV agent don't have a clue (most of them) ask to speak with the manager and show them the law print Page 16 of the following link that's what I did.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/aila/acceptabledocuments.pdf

Page 16 says: I-797 for I-360 Battered Spouse Description Battered Spouse of Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) or United States Citizen (USC) Required documents:

• I-797 for I-360 approved or

• I-797 for an I-360 pending must state “Prima Facie Case” has been established.

• Marriage certificate (only if available). Lawful entry is not a requirement. Length of DL/ID Issuance Same as expiration date of document, not to exceed one year from date of driver license or identification card issuance.

Comments • See the Verification of Lawful Status System section (LIR18) for the FDLIS issuance requirements.

Edited by Jesus4ever

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline
On 7/25/2018 at 12:16 PM, iwillsurvive said:

I don’t think your information is correct. You can obtain a driver’s license with an EAD or expired EAD and I-765 renewal notice. 

All driver’s licenses are the same no matter how you obtain it. The only difference is that the expiration date will be the date your EAD/EAD renewal notice expires. 

Prima Facie is only a piece of paper that can be used to obtain public benefits but not an official ID.

If you don't live in the state of Florida and you don't know the answer please don't talk! you are giving your personal opinion and what matter is what the law says.

Here in FL  one of the requirements to obtain DL is 

* I-797 for an I-360 pending must state “Prima Facie Case” has been established.

26 minutes ago, Jesus4ever said:

If you don't live in the state of Florida and you don't know the answer please don't talk! you are giving your personal opinion and what matter is what the law says.

Here in FL  one of the requirements to obtain DL is 

* I-797 for an I-360 pending must state “Prima Facie Case” has been established.

I clearly understood that I was misinformed and obviously can’t delete a previous post.

No need for you to be rude and attack me. 

Edited by iwillsurvive

2 hours ago, Jesus4ever said:

I live in the state of Florida and I got a temporary Driver License, for 60 days but the expiration date is the same as the Prima facie letter, the temporary DL was only a piece of paper, then after 3 months they sent me by mail the regular plastic card (expiring on prima facie date expiration)

I went to the DMV with my Prima facie letter, marriage certificate and an old DL if you do not have DL take your country passport. In case the DMV agent don't have a clue (most of them) ask to speak with the manager and show them the law print Page 16 of the following link that's what I did.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/aila/acceptabledocuments.pdf

Page 16 says: I-797 for I-360 Battered Spouse Description Battered Spouse of Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) or United States Citizen (USC) Required documents:

• I-797 for I-360 approved or

• I-797 for an I-360 pending must state “Prima Facie Case” has been established.

• Marriage certificate (only if available). Lawful entry is not a requirement. Length of DL/ID Issuance Same as expiration date of document, not to exceed one year from date of driver license or identification card issuance.

Comments • See the Verification of Lawful Status System section (LIR18) for the FDLIS issuance requirements.

Hello and thank you all for commenting ...
My questions are due to the fact that people with Prima Facie DO NOT have a legal status:
1. Has anyone with a license under Prima Facie been able to pay a transit ticket without having any problems?
2. What are the restrictions on a driver's license under the condition of Prima Facie?
Thanks everyone for your help!!

If I filed I-360, i-485, and I-765

together in March 2017, and my I-360 was approved July 2018, does that become my priority date for AOS I-485? Or would my priority date still be March 2017 because that was my receipt date? 

Also for VAWA are we looking at the employment based AOS or Family based AOS? I’m just so confused. Thanks for all your answers.

Please help @sandranj 

On 7/23/2018 at 5:17 PM, Valerie899 said:

That happen to me too, whenever I filled I-485 with the I-765, I received the I-765 two weeks later stating I had an error and I had to resubmitted it again. It was a rejection notice. I resubmitted the application like three weeks ago, now my case has been received and accepted. It could be that it is delayed or possible rejected. Like mine said case received 07/09 and notice date 07/16 and I received in on the mail 07/21. For the rejection it was like receive 06/18 and rejection notice 06/27. However, for the I-485 my case was received on 06/18 and notice date 06/22 and it was in the mail by 06/25. Both didn't come together and I was also worried. Hope this helps !

Arrgggghh......you're so right!

I received the blue letter in the mail requesting an updated form i-765 because the one I used is expired. Lord knows I waited patiently and kept checking the website before submitting this form. Anyways, I used the right form and sent it out ASAP.  

Form I-765 is now almost 6 pages or so. No big deal.

Hey 

my wife withdrew our i130 ( was approved)and I 485 (was waiting to my Gc) when I was outside of US so when I coming back from my contry to US  the Officer don’t let me go inside the state Bcy travel documents was not valid anymore by my case was withdrew by my wife so I get remove and them send me back to my Country  and get removed process 

I apply for Vawa in January 2018 from my country

my question is how I can back to U.S ? 

Have any  temporary way that I can back or it’s just to wait to my vawa be approved?? All my stuff my life my job it’s there 

please help !!!!

On 7/23/2018 at 1:28 PM, sandranj said:

The divorce doesn't need to be filed/granted based on domestic violence for a VAWA case,and it will not impact your case if filed based on irreconcilable differences.

Thank you very much @sandraj, I finally agreed to sign the documents for insoportability how ever he is filing a document or motion for annulment I think. And he is based on FRAUD. He is saying that our marriage was a fraud and wants an annulment. 

Im very worried about this. I know that it would affect my VAWA case correct? 

My lawyer will try to fight that tomorrow in court. Please send prayers my way everyone. ☹️

I really hope that the judge drops those annulment documents. 

16 minutes ago, JMercado said:

Thank you very much @sandraj, I finally agreed to sign the documents for insoportability how ever he is filing a document or motion for annulment I think. And he is based on FRAUD. He is saying that our marriage was a fraud and wants an annulment. 

Im very worried about this. I know that it would affect my VAWA case correct? 

My lawyer will try to fight that tomorrow in court. Please send prayers my way everyone. ☹️

I really hope that the judge drops those annulment documents. 

Hi ladies and gentlemen am confused ineed your help what do ido iwent for interview which iwas supposed to go with my abuser.. Iwent alone bcz iwanted the officer to put 485 on hold.. Ishowed her my vawa reciet and prema facie.  She still went ahead and denie my case. She asked me to choose one out of two options which is either she should denie my case or ishould withdrawl .itold her ihave pending vawa. And she said i shouldn't have applied vawa. When ihave applied another one with my abuser .so becouse ihave vawa she went ahead and denie it .. And she  she denied the case

.and now my authorisation is revoked and she gave aletter that ihave to.  voluntarily leave USA as soon as posible.what should ido ..my vawa case i applied feb only 2018.  1 360. my free lawyer did not allow me to apply for work authorisation but my abuser was usa .. What do ido am confused

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Naperi said:

Hi ladies and gentlemen am confused ineed your help what do ido iwent for interview which iwas supposed to go with my abuser.. Iwent alone bcz iwanted the officer to put 485 on hold.. Ishowed her my vawa reciet and prema facie.  She still went ahead and denie my case. She asked me to choose one out of two options which is either she should denie my case or ishould withdrawl .itold her ihave pending vawa. And she said i shouldn't have applied vawa. When ihave applied another one with my abuser .so becouse ihave vawa she went ahead and denie it .. And she  she denied the case

.and now my authorisation is revoked and she gave aletter that ihave to.  voluntarily leave USA as soon as posible.what should ido ..my vawa case i applied feb only 2018.  1 360. my free lawyer did not allow me to apply for work authorisation but my abuser was usa .. What do ido am confused

Your case was  to be denied which is the normal process, in this forum me included I went through that, but luckily I had an officer who told me that he is gonna deny my case but I should not leave the USA until my vawa is adjudicated, and unlike you I did not have the receipt of vawa yet, which he wanted to see before they put my i485 pending, so do not get worried at all

32 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

Your case was  to be denied which is the normal process, in this forum me included I went through that, but luckily I had an officer who told me that he is gonna deny my case but I should not leave the USA until my vawa is adjudicated, and unlike you I did not have the receipt of vawa yet, which he wanted to see before they put my i485 pending, so do not get worried at all

So you mean my 1485 is pending? Becouse on uscis online it says we denied your 131. Its not talking about 1485. But she told me my work authorisation will also be revoked

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.