3,014 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2018 at 2:19 PM, Hanna Bui said:

It's the same my updated status for i360, then i received ead cat31.

That’s the same update I got as well. Mine was sent out June 29th 2018 and it was an EAD C31 and so far no updates or approval letter yet. It says they last looked into my account July 6th 2018 but that’s the only update I see. Hopefully we get all our approvals soon! (I am a March 16th 2017 filer) 

3 minutes ago, JJ_1017 said:

That’s the same update I got as well. Mine was sent out June 29th 2018 and it was an EAD C31 and so far no updates or approval letter yet. It says they last looked into my account July 6th 2018 but that’s the only update I see. Hopefully we get all our approvals soon! (I am a March 16th 2017 filer) 

My vawa receipt is December 25th 2017.

Good news for All vawa filers will come in soon. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/21/2018 at 11:37 AM, Valerie899 said:

Hi everyone! Its been a while since I logged in. I have a question, if I got my i-765 notice with my name and middle name misspelled, should I write a letter to the Vermont service center about the error, or should I do it online in their website about topographic errors. I don't know which one would be better 

Submit a notarized letterto USCIS  informing the error and a copy of the I-765 notice.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
On 7/22/2018 at 9:03 AM, Bryan12 said:

Happy Sunday.

please I want to clarify if Advanced parole documents comes with EAD,are they combo or you have to apply for it separated .

Also I heard it comes with the EAD(is it the first EAD or the last EAD sent to people prior to approval of the i360.

Thanks 

To receive EAD and AP combo you need to file I-765 and I-131 as well.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Bryan12 said:

Thanks for the clarification.

can I file the i131 form anytime as my lawyer just file for i360,i485 and i765.

thanks 

Yes you can file anytime,if you can't afford the  I-131 fee then file form  I-912 to waive the USCIS fee.

Timeline
On 7/20/2018 at 12:46 PM, JMercado said:

Hello everyone, I applied for VAWA on January and received prima facie letter. 

I am currently divorcing my husband and he won’t sign the papers with cruelty grounds. If my divorce is grated only based on unsupportability, would that affect my VAWA application? 

He keeps pressuring me to to avoid the cruelty grounds. He even fired his lawyer so that he can represent himself and ask me questions directly during trial. 

I don’t want to just sign the papers for unsupportable relation. What should I do? 

Please help, I’m very worried about my application. Thank you 

The divorce doesn't need to be filed/granted based on domestic violence for a VAWA case,and it will not impact your case if filed based on irreconcilable differences.

Timeline
On 7/20/2018 at 12:52 PM, MariFD said:

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing well.

So im collecting affidaviates from people who witnessed the abuse. 
My neighbor was one who witnessed the abuse and called the police.   She wants to help with writing a letter.
The problem is that she is undocumented and is scared to give out her name and address. Is it possible to do the letter without giving out an address and a complete name? 

She needs to give her name,address,date and place of birth and she must notarize the letter.USCIS can call the affiant to verify the story told in the affidavit,  they don't call all affiants,but I had several cases that they called them.

Timeline
On 7/20/2018 at 2:39 PM, umarim said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question. I filled for Vawa on Feb. 2017 and received 3 prima facia. My attorney also filled for i 485 and i 765 as soon as USCIS received my Vawa documents. On June, 2017 I received my first EAD C09 and advanced parole (combo card) for a 1 year. I travelled with my Advance Parole Card 3 times to abroad with no problem. On Jan. 2018 I got an e mail from USCIS that was written " we received your correpondence ....." And 3 months later i got a new online update as a next step  "an officer will be assigned to review my case..." 

After those online updates nothings happened.( I have never received a RFE.) My EAD C09 expired on June 2018. I asked my attorney did he apply to an extension for my EAD C09. He didn't answer me. 10 days ago i got an e mail from USCIS and then checked my account. My last update is "My card was mailed to me".  Then finally my attorney called me to pick up my new card. I went to his office today to pick up my new EAD and ask for my case status. I saw that my new card  is in EAD C31 category. (but this time it is not valid for reentry to US. ??) My attorney only told me that it doesn't mean an approval, it is just what they selected as a EAD category. 

I am so confused. Can i get an EAD C31 unless i have a approved i 360?

Thank you so much for everyone.

Your attorney applied the I-765  with the  wrong category. USCIS approves category C31 just if the person chooses this category and the VAWA must be approved first in order for them to issue form I-765 category C31.

15 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Your attorney applied the I-765  with the  wrong category. USCIS approves category C31 just if the person chooses this category and the VAWA must be approved first in order for them to issue form I-765 category C31.

2 times for my ead my attoney filled c31, but i received the 1st ead is cat 09, but the 2nd is cat 31. 

Thank you for your mention to all questions from us 😍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
48 minutes ago, bold said:

Any recent approvals on I 485?

today is my 61 day since they got my rfe and it says they should respond me back within 60 days so what do i do now ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.