1,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/6/2019 at 7:14 AM, mikeyp123 said:

I-601A received 07/30/2018

Biometrics Done 09/06/2018

Approved 04/05/2019

Waiver done by self.

Congratulations! We just received my wife’s I-130 approval! Would you be willing to give me some tips on the next step in the process?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 5/1/2020 at 1:32 AM, ErickGuti said:

Congrats! We just got my wife’s I-130 approval today, filed on Feb 23! I’m looking to do the waiver on my own as lawyers charge an arm and a leg for this process, would you be willing to give me some guidance and or tips on the process?

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-9-part-b-chapter-5 please check "factors and considerations" and see what pertains to your situation. The petitioner's hardship letter should include all hardship points with detailed explanation and evidence attached for each point. The letter should be signed under penalty of perjury.

https://discuss.ilw.com/forum/immigration-discussion/27085-approved-sample-letters-illustrating-extreme-hardship-under-i-601/page3 please browse these letters (there are a lot of them) to see if you can use one as sample. Also, everything about NVC process is here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing.html

Edited by nata38
Added more info

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, nata38 said:

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-9-part-b-chapter-5 please check "factors and considerations" and see what pertains to your situation. The petitioner's hardship letter should include all hardship points with detailed explanation and evidence attached for each point. The letter should be signed under penalty of perjury.

https://discuss.ilw.com/forum/immigration-discussion/27085-approved-sample-letters-illustrating-extreme-hardship-under-i-601/page3 please browse these letters (there are a lot of them) to see if you can use one as sample. Also, everything about NVC process is here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing.html

Thanks you for this info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone has seen any Waivers approvals lately on other groups toe thread. If yes what was the Receipt or Receive Date?

My green card was approved last year thru a I 140 petition but I also had applied for a I 130 thru my mother a US citizen in 2014 and received the approval few weeks ago which is crazy fast because it was supposed to take at least 14 years in line giving that I’m over 21 and married but it took only 6 years... 

Hope everyone is safe and healthy. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/11/2020 at 8:13 PM, Tyssa said:

Hi guys! Have anyone seen any approvals lately in other groups? Tia

Just found a few: Received: July 10, 2019; approved : May 29, 2020, Nebraska.

Received: June 6, 2019, approved: May 6, 2020, Nebraska.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 hours ago, mareknyc said:

My 601A

received 06/17/19

approved 06/30/20

Wow that took forever for you! But I’m so happy it’s done, over with and approved! They are still taking in ds260s, I’d file as soon as possible. It was taking about 2 months for paperwork to be forwarded to DOS however with the workflow slowing down you might get lucky and it might not take as long. Good luck. I’ve been on queque  since august 21st 2019, with the last 3 almost 4 months not even counting. The proclamation will affect a lot of people however if you are married to a US citizen you shouldn’t be affected, all we have to do is wait for the consulate to reopen

25 minutes ago, Mariela Marquez said:

That is awesome! Any cases from Potomac..that is where my husband's case is at ?? They seem to be taking forever. 

What is your husband’s receipt number?

If we are seeing approvals from June, 2019 I believe the uscis processing times website is not accurate? It’s showing that they are working on cases from April, 2019. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

His receipt number is from October 2019 at the Potomac office.  In the website it states they are barely in January 2019. I hope we hear something soon. We are getting desperate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.