TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

764 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am so FURIOUS with USCIS that it took them until March 30th to send update that they need more information for the Travel Document. It's been 7 months waiting to hear from them! :'(  I can't even imagine what kind of info they would need... did anyone receive and RFE for their AP?

Trying to be grateful that at least it's something and we know we'll be receiving something in the mail...but ugh I just wanted to receive our combo card. 

How long did it take folks to receive their combo card after sending in their RFE?

Spoiler

AoS

August 22, 2017 - USCIS received 485, 131, 765 forms

August 24, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date for 485, 131, 765

August 25, 2017 - Biometrics Notice Date 

September 15, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment for 485 and 765 Completed 

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

April 11, 2018 - USCIS  notification that our RFIE was received. 

May 18, 2018 - email from USCIS "new card is being produced" (269 days)

May 23, 2018 - Card was Mailed to me (e-notification)

May 25, 2018 - NOAs for EAD/AP approval  (mail)

May 26, 2018 - received combo card!! 

June 20, 2018 - Green Card Interview Date Notice

July 26, 2018 - Green Card Interview

August 3, 2018 - Green Card in hand!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

December 2, 2016 - sent I-129F packet from Cartagena to my US mailing address

December 5, 2016 - my mom sent I-129F pack to Lewsville, TX

Decmber 6, 2016 - I-129F packet received

December 9. 2016 - NOA1 e-notification receipt

December 15, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

March 8, 2017 - NOA2 APPROVED

March 21, 2017 - NVC CASE # 

April 26-29 - Lab, Medical Exam, and Fingerprints done

May 2, 2017 - Interview in Bogotá  && APPROVED!

July 19, 2017 -THE LOML & I TRAVEL TO USA

July 27, 2017 - Married 

7 hours ago, yogabbaz said:

I am so FURIOUS with USCIS that it took them until March 30th to send update that they need more information for the Travel Document. It's been 7 months waiting to hear from them! :'(  I can't even imagine what kind of info they would need... did anyone receive and RFE for their AP?

Trying to be grateful that at least it's something and we know we'll be receiving something in the mail...but ugh I just wanted to receive our combo card. 

How long did it take folks to receive their combo card after sending in their RFE?

Your AP?! That's a little unusual but honestly it could be as simple as sending in another copy of your passport or something. I got an RFIE on Feb 1 but for our I-864. My response was received on Mar 19 and they updated the status on Mar 26 and I'm still waiting. But I've reached out to the ombudsman and my senator so I hope they help move it along. So sorry you got one so late. They're really not on top of things right now.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Thank you to everyone who helped us with our case! After following your advice and contacting the Ombudsman and our senators, we just received the combo card EAD/AP in the mail!!!! 

For those of you still waiting, definitely make sure you contact the Omsbudman and congressman! And keep your head up, it will come!

No word on the green card yet. Am I right in that the green card is forwarded on to the local field office for processing? If so, anyone had luck with processing at the Charlotte NC office?

6/24/17 - entered on K1 visa

7/30/17 - married!

8/18/17 - AOS package sent (I-485, I-765, I-131)

8/22/17 - Date on NOAs for AOS 

8/23/17 - physically received NOAs in the mail

9/14/17 - Biometrics Appointment for I-485 and I-765

12/4/17 - called USCIS and opened case inquiry for I-765 EAD

1/4/18 - called USCIS again re: case inquiry, told that it was still not assigned for processing

1/26/18 - received email stating case assigned for processing and would receive decision/update within 60 days

2/28/18 - contacted Omsbudman and congressmen to expedite processing of I-765 EAD

3/19/18 - opened 3rd case inquiry

3/27/18 - received email EAD/AP approved!

4/4/18 - combo card received!

I received this today:

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. 

Has anyone received the same e-mail? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
18 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

Your AP?! That's a little unusual but honestly it could be as simple as sending in another copy of your passport or something. I got an RFIE on Feb 1 but for our I-864. My response was received on Mar 19 and they updated the status on Mar 26 and I'm still waiting. But I've reached out to the ombudsman and my senator so I hope they help move it along. So sorry you got one so late. They're really not on top of things right now.

Thanks @mushroomspore :unsure: I hope it's something easy peasy lemon squeezy to send in. I do remember not putting in a date for travel on the form so maybe it's something like that?

I'm sorry you're still waiting too! That's good that you've reached out to the ombudsman, hopefully they get you a quick response! We reached out to the ombudsman a couple weeks ago and yesterday they sent an email that they've contacted USCIS and are waiting to hear back. Sending you good vibes!

Spoiler

AoS

August 22, 2017 - USCIS received 485, 131, 765 forms

August 24, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date for 485, 131, 765

August 25, 2017 - Biometrics Notice Date 

September 15, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment for 485 and 765 Completed 

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

April 11, 2018 - USCIS  notification that our RFIE was received. 

May 18, 2018 - email from USCIS "new card is being produced" (269 days)

May 23, 2018 - Card was Mailed to me (e-notification)

May 25, 2018 - NOAs for EAD/AP approval  (mail)

May 26, 2018 - received combo card!! 

June 20, 2018 - Green Card Interview Date Notice

July 26, 2018 - Green Card Interview

August 3, 2018 - Green Card in hand!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

December 2, 2016 - sent I-129F packet from Cartagena to my US mailing address

December 5, 2016 - my mom sent I-129F pack to Lewsville, TX

Decmber 6, 2016 - I-129F packet received

December 9. 2016 - NOA1 e-notification receipt

December 15, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

March 8, 2017 - NOA2 APPROVED

March 21, 2017 - NVC CASE # 

April 26-29 - Lab, Medical Exam, and Fingerprints done

May 2, 2017 - Interview in Bogotá  && APPROVED!

July 19, 2017 -THE LOML & I TRAVEL TO USA

July 27, 2017 - Married 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Good morning everyone,

I still have not heard back from the USCIS after I sent the reply to my initial request for evidence., which was received on March the 9th. They send me emails several times a week to remind me of their inaction.

I think my husband and I have done everything that we could: we contacted the Senator, the Congressman (personal emails + phone calls and both the ladies seemed sympathetic and said they would try to help) and scheduled an Infopass for next Thursday to ask for an emergency advance parole, as we are supposed to fly to Europe for our honeymoon in Barcelona and my family's French celebration of our own wedding on May the 10th.

I tried contacting the Ombudsman again, but they replied that "USCIS is still within their window of time to provide us with a response.  Once USCIS has issued their response, the analyst will be in contact with you." The window of time being 90 days after the receipt of the RFE reply...

I really hope that I will be able to attend my wedding. I had no idea I could ever be in a situation where I hope that. But, as my father-in-law kindly told me the other day, America is the freeest country in the world but that only applies if you're a US citizen.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, spazkles said:

Good morning everyone,

I still have not heard back from the USCIS after I sent the reply to my initial request for evidence., which was received on March the 9th. They send me emails several times a week to remind me of their inaction.

I think my husband and I have done everything that we could: we contacted the Senator, the Congressman (personal emails + phone calls and both the ladies seemed sympathetic and said they would try to help) and scheduled an Infopass for next Thursday to ask for an emergency advance parole, as we are supposed to fly to Europe for our honeymoon in Barcelona and my family's French celebration of our own wedding on May the 10th.

I tried contacting the Ombudsman again, but they replied that "USCIS is still within their window of time to provide us with a response.  Once USCIS has issued their response, the analyst will be in contact with you." The window of time being 90 days after the receipt of the RFE reply...

I really hope that I will be able to attend my wedding. I had no idea I could ever be in a situation where I hope that. But, as my father-in-law kindly told me the other day, America is the freeest country in the world but that only applies if you're a US citizen.

So sorry about that, and I hope things happen to you soon. Completely understand your frustration. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

@Londonergirl Yup I got it on Mon morning and then just now too actually. I think they send it to try and appease people but it just makes me mad because well, they've had our cases since August!!!!

1 hour ago, spazkles said:

Good morning everyone,

I really hope you're able to get the emergency parole. I'd suggest taking a ton of papers with you showing why you urgently need to travel... bills of payments made for the wedding celebrations, flight ticket receipts, invitations to people, etc. 

At the end of the day, the emergency parole seems entirely up to the officer you get. On VJ I read one guy who just needed to travel for a work conference and was able to get it. For others, dying relatives don't constitute enough of an emergency. :/ 

And yeah, it's crazy that even as a French citizen you're facing all of this. Now imagine if you had a "less desirable" nationality...

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Yeah messed up part is that anyone who applied after August 2017 is not having issues as we are. I was called from "Washington" last week cause my application complaint ended up there, ten the congressman's office called me. I guess I've woken up thr big guns with this complaint. Let's just see what happens. 

45 minutes ago, Faby&Jaz said:

Yeah messed up part is that anyone who applied after August 2017 is not having issues as we are. I was called from "Washington" last week cause my application complaint ended up there, ten the congressman's office called me. I guess I've woken up thr big guns with this complaint. Let's just see what happens. 

Really?! Hope everyone's keeping their chin up. I mean, this will all be over at SOME point for all of us...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/2/2018 at 5:54 PM, Faby&Jaz said:

So yes I did receive a RFIE, and it was over something stupid about my husband's birth certificate. They said we did not add the translator information lol, and yes I have been waiting for 8 months now. I don't even stress over it anymore, by the way the Texas senator's office called me today because they stated that my complaint about EAD not being here yet ended up in Washington, D.C. hahahahaha :D 

Well your complaint travelling all the way to D.C could`ve at least helped in speeding things a little bit right? 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I feel like crying 😢 , Phoenix office taking their sweet time to process I-485, mean while Tucson's timing is half of Phoenix , 😭 may God helps us all .

Screenshot_2018-04-05-16-42-16.png

Screenshot_2018-04-05-16-41-37.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.