TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

765 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
22 hours ago, Londonergirl said:

Alright everyone!! I had an e-mail at 5.30am this morning from the myaccount uscis dhs. And when I log in it says like this:

We are producing your card and will mail it to you

We will mail your Green Card, employment authorization document (EAD), or combo card (EAD and advance parole) to the address you gave us. It may take up to 120 days to deliver your new card.

My questions is.... Why does it say Green card?? Did it say that on yours as well?

I got my card in that same week, I got the we are producing email on the 19th and on the 23rd I had my card.

• 08.07.2017 --->  I-485, I-765, I-131 Priority Mail

• 08.09.2017 --->  Package received

• 08.15.2017 --->  Received text messages and emails

• 08.15.2017 --->  Checks cashed

• 08.19.2017 --->  Received NOA1 all 3 hardcopies

• 08.25.2017 --->  Received biometrics letter

• 09.01.2017 --->  RFIE

• 09.07.2017 --->  Biometrics appointment

• 09.15.2017 --->  Received RFIE

• 10.05.2017 --->  Sent RFIE Response

• 10.07.2017 --->  USCIS Received RFIE Response

• 10.10.2017 --->  USCIS Status Update: Response to USCIS RFIE was received

• 03.19.2018 --->  Card in production *Day 221*

• 03.21.2018 --->  Card mailed out *Day 223*

• 03.23.2018 --->  Card in hand *Day 224*
• 10.26.2018 --->  Interview schedules *Day 442*

• 12.06.2018 --->  Interview Day

• 12.10.2018 --->  Needing new medical

• 01.03.2019 --->  Mailed new Medical

• 01.04.2019 ---> USCIS received medical

• 01.15.2019 --->  Card is in the mail *Day 523*

• 01.17.2019 --->  Card received *Day 525*

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ Have updated info, when the app doesn't update.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone, I asked my lawyer if there were any news today as we contacted the Senator and the Ombudsman, and here's what she said:

"I called uscis last week about your case. The timeline restarts once they receive your RFE response. Also the mandatory 90 day EAD card issuance is no longer in place and they are taking up to 8 months to issue. You can check the processing times online. Unfortunately, there seems to be a delay on all August/July 2017 cases. I checked with other lawyers who have experienced the same. We have pursued all avenues and since it’s the government there is little else we can do. If you’d like you can submit a separate I-131 and hopefully it won’t be caught in the paperwork backlog. Otherwise the only thing we can do at this point is wait. Once I submit the case and make all the possible inquiries it is left out of my hands how long the government takes to process."

Is there anything I can do at this point? It has been 223 days since I applied for the whole package. Do you think I should file a separate I-131? 

Thanks for your answers. I wonder if all this is ever going to end to be fair.

11 minutes ago, spazkles said:

Hello everyone, I asked my lawyer if there were any news today as we contacted the Senator and the Ombudsman, and here's what she said:

"I called uscis last week about your case. The timeline restarts once they receive your RFE response. Also the mandatory 90 day EAD card issuance is no longer in place and they are taking up to 8 months to issue. You can check the processing times online. Unfortunately, there seems to be a delay on all August/July 2017 cases. I checked with other lawyers who have experienced the same. We have pursued all avenues and since it’s the government there is little else we can do. If you’d like you can submit a separate I-131 and hopefully it won’t be caught in the paperwork backlog. Otherwise the only thing we can do at this point is wait. Once I submit the case and make all the possible inquiries it is left out of my hands how long the government takes to process."

Is there anything I can do at this point? It has been 223 days since I applied for the whole package. Do you think I should file a separate I-131? 

Thanks for your answers. I wonder if all this is ever going to end to be fair.

I don't think you should file a separate 131. You need the card to travel in May, right? So your only hope is for the one currently in the system to come through - a new one will still take at least 3 months. 

There's a ton of conflicting information about what happens after an RFE/RFIE. Several of us (myself included) got RFIEs and then got the card within a couple weeks. I thought my card's timeline had been reset to zero, but Tier 2 officers told me (and other people in this thread) that that isn't true. But I think there was one Tier 2 officer who said the opposite. So nobody knows for sure what the rule is. 

I think all you can do is work off the concrete evidence we have in this thread -- that people CAN get their cards pretty quickly after USCIS receives an RFIE/RFE response. Did you contact the Ombudsman personally, or only through the lawyer? Have you personally sent the Ombudsman an email telling them why they need to expedite looking into your case? 

Can you maybe share a timeline of things you've done and when you got the RFE and when USCIS received the response?

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

1 minute ago, Louv said:

Hi guys, just wondering if most of you who got their EAD cards are at "Ready to be scheduled for interview"?

Does this status come shortly after EAD or can it take a while (different IO?)

Nope, I'm still at "RFIE response received". I called USCIS last month and they said my 485 is still with the NBC even though it's complete. No idea what's happening there. You could call and ask - let us know what the answer is please!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Just now, Hamilton said:

Nope, I'm still at "RFIE response received". I called USCIS last month and they said my 485 is still with the NBC even though it's complete. No idea what's happening there. You could call and ask - let us know what the answer is please!

same here, I will try to call soon. I guess it being considered "complete" is good isn't it? Does the full review take place at NBC or is there another review at local office? Or do they just schedule the itw?

1 minute ago, Louv said:

same here, I will try to call soon. I guess it being considered "complete" is good isn't it? Does the full review take place at NBC or is there another review at local office? Or do they just schedule the itw?

No idea. I got a nice Tier 2 officer last month so I asked him that, but I didn't understand his response. He said it's complete at the NBC, but now it's waiting for the local office to request the file. And that depends on the local office's schedule. But that makes no sense, because it should be ready to be scheduled, regardless of the local office. And my local office is pretty fast, so it's weird to think they're the reason for the delay. This just needs to happen before August, because then my medical exam will have expired...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 23/3/2018 at 10:05 AM, borodine01 said:

is it possible for you to send me a screenshot? I'm lost to what is the DOS case ID.

sorry for the late reply @borodine01! my husband had forgotten his password and we got locked out and finally got to it today!  so this is when we login. We click verify your identity...

image.thumb.png.61532e6a3763ae532b5111f1ca8bc532.png

then... we enter the A# but  no clue what to put for DOS Case ID

image.thumb.png.23bbbe5ea59c9ec8482a9e11b3b8c02b.png

any help is much appreciated... we did input the receipt numbers and it says the same thing as the uscis app. we also contacted the ombudsman over the weekend and just hoping for some sort of reply..

technically after our last service request that was raised that begins with T1B (and still not assigned for processing) .. we can call again after april 5th but yeah today marks 216 days and still waiting .. send us good vibes please!!

Spoiler

AoS

August 22, 2017 - USCIS received 485, 131, 765 forms

August 24, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date for 485, 131, 765

August 25, 2017 - Biometrics Notice Date 

September 15, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment for 485 and 765 Completed 

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

April 11, 2018 - USCIS  notification that our RFIE was received. 

May 18, 2018 - email from USCIS "new card is being produced" (269 days)

May 23, 2018 - Card was Mailed to me (e-notification)

May 25, 2018 - NOAs for EAD/AP approval  (mail)

May 26, 2018 - received combo card!! 

June 20, 2018 - Green Card Interview Date Notice

July 26, 2018 - Green Card Interview

August 3, 2018 - Green Card in hand!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

December 2, 2016 - sent I-129F packet from Cartagena to my US mailing address

December 5, 2016 - my mom sent I-129F pack to Lewsville, TX

Decmber 6, 2016 - I-129F packet received

December 9. 2016 - NOA1 e-notification receipt

December 15, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

March 8, 2017 - NOA2 APPROVED

March 21, 2017 - NVC CASE # 

April 26-29 - Lab, Medical Exam, and Fingerprints done

May 2, 2017 - Interview in Bogotá  && APPROVED!

July 19, 2017 -THE LOML & I TRAVEL TO USA

July 27, 2017 - Married 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
20 hours ago, Hamilton said:

I don't think you should file a separate 131. You need the card to travel in May, right? So your only hope is for the one currently in the system to come through - a new one will still take at least 3 months. 

There's a ton of conflicting information about what happens after an RFE/RFIE. Several of us (myself included) got RFIEs and then got the card within a couple weeks. I thought my card's timeline had been reset to zero, but Tier 2 officers told me (and other people in this thread) that that isn't true. But I think there was one Tier 2 officer who said the opposite. So nobody knows for sure what the rule is. 

I think all you can do is work off the concrete evidence we have in this thread -- that people CAN get their cards pretty quickly after USCIS receives an RFIE/RFE response. Did you contact the Ombudsman personally, or only through the lawyer? Have you personally sent the Ombudsman an email telling them why they need to expedite looking into your case? 

Can you maybe share a timeline of things you've done and when you got the RFE and when USCIS received the response?

Hello Hamilton, thank you for your answers.

I also think that filing another I-131 is a bad idea, especially since our case does not automatically qualify for an emergency.

I contacted the State Senator personally and sent another email today. The Ombudsman was contacted through my attorney. My husband was supposed to contact the Congressman, but he forgot. 

Here is my timeline:

14th July 2017: got married in the US. I had an ESTA at the time. Our wedding was not planned, he proposed 6 days before we got married.

August 15: USCIS received my application for I 130, I 765, I 485 and I 130

Mid september: biometrics appointment

February 14th: contacted State Senator (I realised that my lawyer contacted him, and then I sent him a form directly

Ombudsman contacted by attorney

New service request (others were made before)

February 21st: useless infopass appointment

February 27th: RFE sent

March 8th: Answer to RFE received

46 minutes ago, spazkles said:

Hello Hamilton, thank you for your answers.

I also think that filing another I-131 is a bad idea, especially since our case does not automatically qualify for an emergency.

I contacted the State Senator personally and sent another email today. The Ombudsman was contacted through my attorney. My husband was supposed to contact the Congressman, but he forgot. 

Here is my timeline:

14th July 2017: got married in the US. I had an ESTA at the time. Our wedding was not planned, he proposed 6 days before we got married.

August 15: USCIS received my application for I 130, I 765, I 485 and I 130

Mid september: biometrics appointment

February 14th: contacted State Senator (I realised that my lawyer contacted him, and then I sent him a form directly

Ombudsman contacted by attorney

New service request (others were made before)

February 21st: useless infopass appointment

February 27th: RFE sent

March 8th: Answer to RFE received

Gotcha. So it's been two and a half weeks since they received your RFE (was it an RFE not an RFIE?). That's around the time it took for me to go from "RFIE received by USCIS" to "Card in production". BUT the thing I think worked for me is sending a personal email to the Ombudsman. If you're nervous about doing it, you can also call the Ombudsman's office and talk to someone there -- they actually pick up! The lady I spoke with told me to send an email citing my case request number (the number you get from the Ombudsman) and stating why it's urgent. 

I think you DO qualify for expedited processing based on the criteria. Say you're facing 1) an unusual delay since your EAD/AP has been pending for 2## days. Then say 2) you're going to incur severe financial loss if you cannot travel in early May. This is very similar to the email I sent them, and they immediately wrote back (Within two hours!!!) to say they were sharing it with the analyst on my case.  Use bullet points and make it easy to read.

Don't mention the RFE at all. I think they will be more responsive to you PERSONALLY than some lawyer. It's putting a face to your distress. Make the email personable and maybe they'll actually help you. Seems worth a shot.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
17 hours ago, yogabbaz said:

sorry for the late reply @borodine01! my husband had forgotten his password and we got locked out and finally got to it today!  so this is when we login. We click verify your identity...

image.thumb.png.61532e6a3763ae532b5111f1ca8bc532.png

then... we enter the A# but  no clue what to put for DOS Case ID

image.thumb.png.23bbbe5ea59c9ec8482a9e11b3b8c02b.png

any help is much appreciated... we did input the receipt numbers and it says the same thing as the uscis app. we also contacted the ombudsman over the weekend and just hoping for some sort of reply..

technically after our last service request that was raised that begins with T1B (and still not assigned for processing) .. we can call again after april 5th but yeah today marks 216 days and still waiting .. send us good vibes please!!

I don't remember this at all. @Londonergirl can help with that one?

• 08.07.2017 --->  I-485, I-765, I-131 Priority Mail

• 08.09.2017 --->  Package received

• 08.15.2017 --->  Received text messages and emails

• 08.15.2017 --->  Checks cashed

• 08.19.2017 --->  Received NOA1 all 3 hardcopies

• 08.25.2017 --->  Received biometrics letter

• 09.01.2017 --->  RFIE

• 09.07.2017 --->  Biometrics appointment

• 09.15.2017 --->  Received RFIE

• 10.05.2017 --->  Sent RFIE Response

• 10.07.2017 --->  USCIS Received RFIE Response

• 10.10.2017 --->  USCIS Status Update: Response to USCIS RFIE was received

• 03.19.2018 --->  Card in production *Day 221*

• 03.21.2018 --->  Card mailed out *Day 223*

• 03.23.2018 --->  Card in hand *Day 224*
• 10.26.2018 --->  Interview schedules *Day 442*

• 12.06.2018 --->  Interview Day

• 12.10.2018 --->  Needing new medical

• 01.03.2019 --->  Mailed new Medical

• 01.04.2019 ---> USCIS received medical

• 01.15.2019 --->  Card is in the mail *Day 523*

• 01.17.2019 --->  Card received *Day 525*

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ Have updated info, when the app doesn't update.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys, today I received an email update that my Employment Card is in production! I am so happy. :D

How long did it take you from the date of the notification to having the card in hand?

4 hours ago, borodine01 said:

I don't remember this at all. @Londonergirl can help with that one?

I can not identify my identity either :( It just says that it can not be found.... You can still get updates about your cases though. 

7 minutes ago, SerendipityMuse said:

Hi guys, today I received an email update that my Employment Card is in production! I am so happy. :D

How long did it take you from the date of the notification to having the card in hand?

Congrats! Within a week. Check USPS Informed Delivery once it's mailed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.