TBoneTX

July 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

820 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lucy123123 said:

Not run away but kinda feel bad that we are moving forward when so many people are still waiting (if that makes sense) I have my medical on Friday and interview on the 3rd April. I have so many different emotions it's crazy. 

I've moved on to another limbo. Waiting for NVC to assign my number, no idea if I'll make it to an interview in April or if it will have to be May, and in the meantime I will quit my job/ stay with friends/ possibly go back to my parents, where will I mail my passport lol 

For anyone still waiting, I will just repeat what I wrote before, talk to your congressperson, ring them, show up at their office, they can inquire on your behalf! I am really stressed to see people that filled in September being approved when June and July is still waiting, and I was approved, I can only imagine the pain of the ones still waiting. And of course, I am selfishly thinking they are making NVC and interview dates busier and it's just ridiculous that they don't approve this in order. 

Phew all said and done, can't wait to be with my future hubby :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, marinapoli said:

I've moved on to another limbo. Waiting for NVC to assign my number, no idea if I'll make it to an interview in April or if it will have to be May, and in the meantime I will quit my job/ stay with friends/ possibly go back to my parents, where will I mail my passport lol 

For anyone still waiting, I will just repeat what I wrote before, talk to your congressperson, ring them, show up at their office, they can inquire on your behalf! I am really stressed to see people that filled in September being approved when June and July is still waiting, and I was approved, I can only imagine the pain of the ones still waiting. And of course, I am selfishly thinking they are making NVC and interview dates busier and it's just ridiculous that they don't approve this in order. 

Phew all said and done, can't wait to be with my future hubby :wub:

Do you know yet if you're on their new electronic system?  (You can ask next time you call to check if you've gotten a number yet.)  If you are, it should take almost exactly two weeks -- that seems to be the trend currently.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, jayjay02 said:

I WENT TO THE INTERVIEW TODAY.....WE GOT APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I still can't believe it.

Congratulations 🍻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Van & Tiger said:

Do you know yet if you're on their new electronic system?  (You can ask next time you call to check if you've gotten a number yet.)  If you are, it should take almost exactly two weeks -- that seems to be the trend currently.

I don't know that, but thanks, I will ring them again tomorrow and ask! They are closed today..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
8 hours ago, Kat&Joel said:

Our case is in Administrative Processing after the interview. I stressed myself out so much about resigning tomorrow that I nearly ate a whole pizza. I hope that other July filers have a more effective way of dealing with stress.  The July thread seems to have dwindled a lot. Have people run away after NOA2?  I am still here to support peeps.

4 hours ago, Lucy123123 said:

Not run away but kinda feel bad that we are moving forward when so many people are still waiting (if that makes sense) I have my medical on Friday and interview on the 3rd April. I have so many different emotions it's crazy. 

I am still here also.  I hope the remaining people get their approvals soon.  We have had several delays since getting the NOA2 on 1/31.  We needed an Apostille stamp on her birth certificate from Russia, and then an official translation into English.  Hopefully, she will be able to submit packet 3 on Friday.  Then we wait for packet 4, so that she can schedule medical and interview.  Greece does not allow scheduling these prior to submitting packet 3 and receiving packet 4.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
20 minutes ago, marinapoli said:

I don't know that, but thanks, I will ring them again tomorrow and ask! They are closed today..

Apparently, the NVC office has been closed several days this winter due to the snow storms.

12 hours ago, Kat&Joel said:

Our case is in Administrative Processing after the interview. I stressed myself out so much about resigning tomorrow that I nearly ate a whole pizza. I hope that other July filers have a more effective way of dealing with stress.  The July thread seems to have dwindled a lot. Have people run away after NOA2?  I am still here to support peeps.

I am still here and sending positive vibes to our July-ers :)

We are going to need each other for the AoS process!

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Faisal1 said:

Congressman  is working on my case n will check status of my case what is going on 3rd july and 254 days hell... this thing is tension n stress

That's good and hopefully you will hear some positive news.

June and July really got screwed with long wait times compared to the other months of 2017. No reason at all there should have been this long of a wait!

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Visa is at Issued status now and courier has picked up the package. I have submitted my resignation and it went well thank goodness. Now we have to get money for plane tickets and sell all our stuff. Hooooweee. Now we must get the rest of the July filers cleared out!!! Come on USCIS!!!! Let's get them done!!!!

I-129F Sent: July 5th 2017  

I-129F NOA2: January 19th 2018

Interview date: March 8th 2018 - Result is APPROVED!!! 

POE USA: April 23rd 2018

Marriage: May 18th 2018

AOS NOA1: May 30th 2018

AOS Biometrics: June 21st 2018

EAD Received Date: June 07 2018

EAD NOA1: June 13th 2018

EAD Biometrics: July 6th 2018

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of October 11th 2018

Just came in to check on you guys. I've taken a big distance from the site in general. :) BUT. I am happy and sad at the same time. I hope we get more July approvals soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Kat&Joel said:

Visa is at Issued status now and courier has picked up the package. I have submitted my resignation and it went well thank goodness. Now we have to get money for plane tickets and sell all our stuff. Hooooweee. Now we must get the rest of the July filers cleared out!!! Come on USCIS!!!! Let's get them done!!!!

That's great. I'm glad to see you are almost finished with this part of the journey.:D

43 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Just came in to check on you guys. I've taken a big distance from the site in general. :) BUT. I am happy and sad at the same time. I hope we get more July approvals soon.

Yes me, too except scans, but it seems no one really cares about scans anymore. In fact, July thread seems really dead and I think most people have moved on.

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.