TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, RevGreen said:

Checking in this thread one last time. Fiancee finally arrived in the USA last week :D almost exactly a year to the date that I moved away actually. Thank you so much to everyone here for the help and kind words, and a special thanks to @Naes for doing those scans which helped so very much.

Hey don't make it your last visit.  At least I like seeing the rest of the timelines move along like, AOS, work authorization, etc, etc.  Don't leave us hanging (well us that like to see the journey to it's final stage "citizenship" )  Stay, please :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Pedro0319 said:

Hey don't make it your last visit.  At least I like seeing the rest of the timelines move along like, AOS, work authorization, etc, etc.  Don't leave us hanging (well us that like to see the journey to it's final stage "citizenship" )  Stay, please :)

Yes of course I will stick around for that!! I just meant this thread in particular.

We are beginning the SSN process next week, and will probably get married at the end of June and then begin the AOS and work authorization stuff. Trying to catch our breath from the K1 process (and recover our savings! lol)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Grenada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, RevGreen said:

Yes of course I will stick around for that!! I just meant this thread in particular.

We are beginning the SSN process next week, and will probably get married at the end of June and then begin the AOS and work authorization stuff. Trying to catch our breath from the K1 process (and recover our savings! lol)

10 minutes ago, RevGreen said:

I need 5 years to recover!! These trips cost.

Hello August filers: 

Our Fiance visa was approved May 30, 2018 in Juarez Mexico.  Visa was issued according to the CEAC website June 4th, but we still do not have a tracking number. I am getting discouraged and worried about this. Especially when some folks have received  their visa three days after approval. :(  We are going on Week 3 here. I keep calling the consulate help line and they wont say anything except to keep waiting. My fiance and I were thinking about heading back to Juarez in person and seeing if we could speak to someone in person. Not sure how helpful this would be though. Anybody else go through this? 

Thanks, 
Caroline 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, streanor said:

Hi Augustines!

Just thought I'd chime in with the good news that I have my Visa in hand and flights booked!! WOOHOOO!!

August 31, 2017 - NOA1

April 2, 2018 - NOA2

April 27, 2018 - Received at NVC 

May 2, 2018 - NVC case number

May 8, 2018 -Received at Embassy

May 25, 2018 - Medical

June 1, 2018 - Notice of Readiness sent

June 12, 2018 (got an early date because of cancellation) - Interview APPROVED

June 14, 2018 - Issued

June 21, 2018 - Visa in Hand

July 24, 2018 - Flight to U.S.

I'm mad busy finishing up work and then I have to start PACKING! My Fiance is come here July 5th for two weeks, we're going to visit lots of family and friends and celebrate before my big move. Then I'll follow him back over to the U.S. one week later on the 24th. We're thinking we'll get married the 9th of August - 5 years to the day since we first met :wub:

The relief and happiness I feel to have my Visa and dates set is overwhelming. So excited to start our lives together!

I wish everyone else the best on the rest of their K1 Visa journey and looking forward to supporting each other though AOS... after this we can get though ANYTHING!!

Congrats Sarah!!
So happy for u!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Augustines-

It's been so long
Checking in again to see how everyone is going along

Hopefully this thread ends soon (but because everyone got where they wanted to get to :D)

I think most of everyone is looking at a POE soon?
Wishing y'all safe journeys to the states/good interviews (if you have those coming up!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Augustines-

It's been so long
Checking in again to see how everyone is going along

Hopefully this thread ends soon (but because everyone got where they wanted to get to :D)

I think most of everyone is looking at a POE soon?
Wishing y'all safe journeys to the states/good interviews (if you have those coming up!)

Hi you!

I had such an issue with my medical. I was approved at the interview though. It was stuck on AP for ages but changed to ready today on the CEAC page. Is this a good sign?

Timeline
20 hours ago, Vholde346 said:

Hi you!

I had such an issue with my medical. I was approved at the interview though. It was stuck on AP for ages but changed to ready today on the CEAC page. Is this a good sign?

Actually- I have VERY little knowledge of how things progress from interview approval to Visa Issuance
For mine, I legit did not look at it for 5 days till I saw "issued" and kinda moved on with my life.

Am not sure what "Ready" means and I was never in AP so I don't know how to advise you :(
I would say to give it maybe 3-5 days since you JUST left AP. If it's not issued, then ask around on ur UK forum for those that went through AP and what that process was?

So happy for u that you're almost done tho!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
On 7/6/2018 at 4:32 PM, Vholde346 said:

Hi you!

yes! This is very good news - visa should arrive in about 7- 10 days now !!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 hours ago, Thelucybelle said:

yes! This is very good news - visa should arrive in about 7- 10 days now !!!

Really? :-( ughhhh. I feel like I’ve been waiting for ages. I had my interview on the 21st! And now another 7-10 days? :-(

Timeline
4 hours ago, Vholde346 said:

Really? :-( ughhhh. I feel like I’ve been waiting for ages. I had my interview on the 21st! And now another 7-10 days? :-(

Think of it this way-
What's 7 days after waiting MONTHS?
U are almost there!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 hours ago, Vholde346 said:

Deep breaths!!! Next it will go to issued and then its just a case of stalking the mail man till it arrives!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This morning we had the interview and we were APPROVED!! 

I can't thank you guys enough for all your wisdom and learning so much from this website. This website is such a great resource and saved me a lot of money not getting a lawyer. 

Now on to the next step in our journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.