TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 minute ago, emekus94 said:

Well then-

I simply have no idea what they could deny you for.

Again, I am so sorry for you and your fiance.
We're here to support you in any way we can.
Hopefully that letter comes to you soon so you know how to appeal!

Thanks all.I will update you on what is in the letter.All the best for everyone waiting for an approval.We all need to be strong to endure all this and finally be with our loved ones.

19 minutes ago, Jane wanjiku said:

Thanks all.I will update you on what is in the letter.All the best for everyone waiting for an approval.We all need to be strong to endure all this and finally be with our loved ones.

Here's a thought and I know it may not be what you want to hear but, Trump may have a visa ban in the country of you or your fiancé.  I'm not sure which one of you is in Kenya.  Last October Trump places a ban on the minister there.  It may have something to do with that sweetheart.  Either way, I'm really sorry.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Pedro0319 said:

Here's a thought and I know it may not be what you want to hear but, Trump may have a visa ban in the country of you or your fiancé.  I'm not sure which one of you is in Kenya.  Last October Trump places a ban on the minister there.  It may have something to do with that sweetheart.  Either way, I'm really sorry.

Even countries on the actual travel ban can have their petitions approved, this has nothing to do with any ban or country.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Jane wanjiku said:

I’m sorry for this situation. Let’s see what the reason they’ll give you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
47 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

You're asking the million dollar question my friend.
We have no idea. The easiest answer is background checks but even that shouldn't take this long...

We know from May/June there were those that reached 270+ days before being approved. A case taking longer does not equate being rejected. Some in May got it right around the 300 day mark. 
If you have not done so, perhaps put in some service requests with USCIS, get your congressmen involved etc. We're not sure what exactly gets a case looked at but these are options, if you are looking for some.

I am so sorry it's taking so long for so many of you!

it's relieving to know that the longer wait doesn't mean it's a denial :) my fiance called the California Service Center and they told him that we should expect a response 45 days after we hit the 6 month waiting mark (which was march 19th, meaning we should hear back in 2-3 weeks at the latest) so hopefully we'll finally hear back this month.... oh and to anyone reading this, did you receive a similar response? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, IsabelandDavid said:

it's relieving to know that the longer wait doesn't mean it's a denial :) my fiance called the California Service Center and they told him that we should expect a response 45 days after we hit the 6 month waiting mark (which was march 19th, meaning we should hear back in 2-3 weeks at the latest) so hopefully we'll finally hear back this month.... oh and to anyone reading this, did you receive a similar response? 

The 45 days "Spiel" is the same.
Your case is being adjudicated. Some really do hear in those 45 days, other do not.

But either way, yes- the good news is that the longer you wait does NOT mean a denial is coming.
So just hang on. Focus on your loved one and why you're doing this. :D

2 minutes ago, IsabelandDavid said:

Also

Please Update your timeline. It would help those trying to answer future questions to know how to better help you :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi! My fiance called them today and they gave an email to contact directly the service in california, but the person replied saying that we have to wait more 7 days, when our inquiry expires so we can contact them again. I hope we can receive some approval soon, and that that you denial is solved very fast Jane wanjiku!

On 14/03/2018 at 9:42 PM, karaandjackson said:

Hi August filers.....We were informed today after calling the NVC that our K1 Visa was sent to Kampala by error of the NVC as Kampala (Uganda) does not process K1 visas.  We had requested on our I-29F all for our information to be sent to Kenya which is the closet embassy to my fiancee that processes K1 Visas.  I am so sad as I know this will create a significant delay. 

I was told at NVC that it was now my responsibility to contact the embassy in Kampala and request the NVC case be sent to Nairobi Kenya instead...  

Does this make sense??  Any ideas on the best  plan of attack to get our NVC case to correct the embassy in the quickest time???  

Case was sent to Kampala on 3.12.18

4 minutes ago, Ayron M said:

HI, yesterday was the day of the interview. they ACCEPTED and now and waiting for the passports!! Thanks 4 all of you.. Please could you recomend any  topic to follow now in the fororums to continue learning....     (SUPPORT FOR ALL THE PERSON STILL WAITING)     

aprobaron2.jpg

Weeepa felicidades!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 4/16/2018 at 8:09 PM, IsabelandDavid said:

Hello! Does anyone know why cases fall out of processing times? We still haven't received our NOA2 and I want to explode. NOA1 was August 17th. 

No one knows... I'm curious as well. Do either of you have prior marriages? Some kind of military history? Criminal records? I wonder sometimes if more "complicated" cases take longer.

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
15 minutes ago, turkishdelight said:

No one knows... I'm curious as well. Do either of you have prior marriages? Some kind of military history? Criminal records? I wonder sometimes if more "complicated" cases take longer.

What do prior marriages have to do with waiting times? I was married for like 5 months like 4 years ago. How do you know that extends the waiting time? 

Edited by zamardii12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 minutes ago, zamardii12 said:

What do prior marriages have to do with waiting times? I was married for like 5 months like 4 years ago. How do you know that extends the waiting time? 

I don't know. I said, "no one knows." But it's entertaining to hypothesize. 

Edited by turkishdelight

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

3 minutes ago, turkishdelight said:

I don't know. I said, "no one knows." But it's entertaining to hypothesize. 

Its not past marriages.  I was married before to a guy I brought over on a I130 (from the same country as my current fiance).  I also have been arrested (no conviction though).  I was approved within 7 months.  I really just think it's the person who has your file dragging their behind.  For example, I was approved 3/28/2018 and the NVC still doesn't have my file.  There's a guy that the NVC got his file in like a week and the same embassy mine will be processed at.  I think it's the person handling the file that the problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Pedro0319 said:

Its not past marriages.  I was married before to a guy I brought over on a I130 (from the same country as my current fiance).  I also have been arrested (no conviction though).  I was approved within 7 months.  I really just think it's the person who has your file dragging their behind.  For example, I was approved 3/28/2018 and the NVC still doesn't have my file.  There's a guy that the NVC got his file in like a week and the same embassy mine will be processed at.  I think it's the person handling the file that the problem.

I agree. My fiance and I have crystal clear records, 3 years of photos and videos to proof our relationship, we hired a lawyer to make sure everything was in order. Maybe our processor went on a 3 month vacation or something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.