LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

To those considering subsidized health insurance through the ACA, I'd be a little wary - there's been talk of including these sorts of tax benefits as a piece of evidence against you in section 212(a)(4) of the INA, your likelihood to become a public charge.  Summary can be found here, while a draft of the policy from DHS can be found here.  

It's still legal and won't count against you, but there's a possibility that could change.  Just make sure the totality of evidence you have (income, etc.) supports the fact you won't become a public charge, just in case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 7/25/2018 at 7:50 AM, cross_the_river said:

Hello March filers!!

I'm a K1 Visa holder in US and we've sent my EAD and AP applications along with AOS application on March 15th.
had my biometrics on April 13th. My AOS status has changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" on July 9th, but still no news on having my EAD/AP card after 132 days! Is this normal? And does anyone know how long does it usually take until they schedule an interview?
We live in Chicago! Thanks!

AOS-EAD-AP.jpg

We are pretty much the same dates as you except our "ready for an interview" was June 19. No interview no travel document no work permit. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/25/2018 at 7:46 AM, swsslfn said:

On July 12 I requested my ead to be expedited.

On July 17 I received an email saying that they were reviewing my case and would contact me with a response or requesting more documents.

Yesterday my I 485 updated and said that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

I haven't received nothing about the ead, no even asking for supporting docs. Is it normal?

And be ready for an interview doesn't mean much righ?

Does the EAD expedite affects the other forms?

Yesterday my AOS status change for "Interview scheduled". However no news on a EAD expedite.

Timeline
1 hour ago, swsslfn said:

Does the EAD expedite affects the other forms?

Yesterday my AOS status change for "Interview scheduled". However no news on a EAD expedite.

Well you are lucky then.....will probably receive an appointment letter in a week or so.....Dont worry about EAD at this point....focus on your interview and getting approved, soon GC will be in hands and that is all you need.

Good luck and read my interview experience so you can take some ideas for your interview date.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
2 hours ago, T_P said:

Well you are lucky then.....will probably receive an appointment letter in a week or so.....Dont worry about EAD at this point....focus on your interview and getting approved, soon GC will be in hands and that is all you need.

Good luck and read my interview experience so you can take some ideas for your interview date.

Thank you..

Hopefully everything goes smoothly..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/26/2018 at 5:56 AM, mysticdolphin95 said:

To those considering subsidized health insurance through the ACA, I'd be a little wary - there's been talk of including these sorts of tax benefits as a piece of evidence against you in section 212(a)(4) of the INA, your likelihood to become a public charge.  Summary can be found here, while a draft of the policy from DHS can be found here.  

It's still legal and won't count against you, but there's a possibility that could change.  Just make sure the totality of evidence you have (income, etc.) supports the fact you won't become a public charge, just in case.

Is the K1 spouse required to have health insurance?

i didn’t read that anywhere on the USCIS website. Yikes!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Is the K1 spouse required to have health insurance?

i didn’t read that anywhere on the USCIS website. Yikes!

I don't think we are required, it's just something most people feel the need to have, in case something were to happen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
20 hours ago, Steve and Joy said:

We are pretty much the same dates as you except our "ready for an interview" was June 19. No interview no travel document no work permit. 

My EAD status has changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" on July 25th.  I think you're going to get an update soon! :)

Packet delivered on March 18 2018, just got an update saying EAD and Combo card in production, will take 120 days? Already it's been 130 days of wait and now again 120 more days to get just EAD?

Thought of expediting next week, but status just changed now. Is it still worth a try? Please advise, getting job offers

Actual status -

We will mail your green card,ead or combo card in 120 days. 

Question - I haven't attended the interview yet, how come it says Greencard will be sent. Status was Ready to schedule an interview 

Edited by Sunshi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Sunshi said:

Packet delivered on March 18 2018, just got an update saying EAD and Combo card in production, will take 120 days? Already it's been 130 days of wait and now again 120 more days to get just EAD?

Thought of expediting next week, but status just changed now. Is it still worth a try? Please advise, getting job offers

Actual status -

We will mail your green card,ead or combo card in 120 days. 

Question - I haven't attended the interview yet, how come it says Greencard will be sent. Status was Ready to schedule an interview 

You should have the card in about a week.  They just say 120 days to cover themselves in case of delay.  Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.