LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

All of this just makes me want to drink an ENTIRE bottle of wine. LOL. 

5b520b3eb8931_CMHlogo400x400.png.f01253de7b3f9a2ca5955591a0700cbd.png

Share this blog with those going through the adjustment of status immigration journey! https://chicagomeetshavana.com 

We’ve got a new, safe-space community on Facebook. Join our Chicagomeetshavana Visa Tribe here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, AriSmith said:

All of this just makes me want to drink an ENTIRE bottle of wine. LOL. 

Haha I couldnt agree more!!! I am so thankful for the support on here though :)

EAD card received!!! (After successful expedite request through Congressman. Took a total of 14 calendar days from expedite request to delivery).

I start working next Wednesday.

Up next: Green card Interview Aug 8. Will definitely keep you guys updated. 

Keep the faith! We're all getting there slowly but surely. 

Edited by momofboys2018

16 minutes ago, momofboys2018 said:

EAD card received!!! (After successful expedite request through Congressman. Took a total of 14 calendar days from expedite request to delivery).

I start working next Wednesday.

Up next: Green card Interview Aug 8. Will definitely keep you guys updated. 

Keep the faith! We're all getting there slowly but surely. 

Haha, you will get your GC soon anyway ! 

Good luck ! 

just had email from USPS informed mail. My combo card will be delivered Monday! :) Excited!!

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 14/7/2018 at 9:57 AM, momofboys2018 said:

Guys my EAD was successfully expedited. Just got the update that my card is in production. 

I got a job offer yesterday, but things were so hard financially that I decided to request an expedite last week based on financial hardship alone. I scanned all overdue bills on one document along with privacy release form from congressman and requested the expedite last week Friday. Please, it is WORTH A TRY. DO NOT WAIT FOR OFFER LETTER, Show them that you are struggling and write a heartfelt letter explaining your circumstance if its dire. 

Fellow March filers- our time is coming and things are looking up. 

Did get an appointment in InfoPass as well?

EAD arrived today instead of Monday!

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

13 hours ago, Ana & Sebas said:

Did get an appointment in InfoPass as well?

no. I heard Infopass is pretty useless so I went the congressman route.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
16 hours ago, momofboys2018 said:

no. I heard Infopass is pretty useless so I went the congressman route.

Have you or anybody here heard anything about contacting congressman after an interview?

I was thinking of getting an info pass in a week or so if I haven't heard anything but maybe I could contact my congressman instead? 

1 hour ago, HuckleberryFinn said:

Have you or anybody here heard anything about contacting congressman after an interview?

I was thinking of getting an info pass in a week or so if I haven't heard anything but maybe I could contact my congressman instead? 

I highly recommend congressman instead, for the same reason my lawyer gave. Congressman is way higher up the food chain than an Immigration Officer within USCIS. It will be more effective to go through  Congressman. 

Social Security card came in the mail today. Thought I had to go to the SS office with my EAD on Monday to apply for one, but I guess not.

Quick question - I have a social security number already. On my card it says 'valid only with DHS authorization' or whatever it is. Now I have my EAD, do I need to go to SSA building and get that removed? Or can it only be removed once I have a green card?

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

3 hours ago, Britinstl said:

Quick question - I have a social security number already. On my card it says 'valid only with DHS authorization' or whatever it is. Now I have my EAD, do I need to go to SSA building and get that removed? Or can it only be removed once I have a green card?

Only removed with GC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi guys,

Yesterday my case  got an update "As of July 23, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number XX for an interview."

Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long to finally get the interview notice. I sent in AOS on March 16th, so it's just over 4 months now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.