LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, AriSmith said:

True but the ones that have gotten their green cards are K1 visa filers so that's why I was wondering why we haven't even gotten our approval yet. I hate ALL of this! LOL.

Everyone on this forum should be adjusting from a K1!

Did you check processing times for your field office?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
6 minutes ago, HuckleberryFinn said:

Everyone on this forum should be adjusting from a K1!

Did you check processing times for your field office?

Some people are adjusting for other reasons and yep sure did. Luckily we live in Chicago and have an appointment next week to go down there and see what's the hold up! We haven't even gotten our interview date. We finished our biometrics back in April. *shrugs*

5b520b3eb8931_CMHlogo400x400.png.f01253de7b3f9a2ca5955591a0700cbd.png

Share this blog with those going through the adjustment of status immigration journey! https://chicagomeetshavana.com 

We’ve got a new, safe-space community on Facebook. Join our Chicagomeetshavana Visa Tribe here.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, AriSmith said:

Some people are adjusting for other reasons and yep sure did. Luckily we live in Chicago and have an appointment next week to go down there and see what's the hold up! We haven't even gotten our interview date. We finished our biometrics back in April. *shrugs*

I know some people adjust from other visas, however this forum is for "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas", so everyone here should be adjusting from a K1 or a K3, if they're not they're in the wrong forum!

People that have heard something so soon have been extremely lucky. Most people haven't heard anything yet. I don't think you're outside of normal processing times yet, but let us know what they say at the field office when you go! I am planning on paying them a visit soon too :P 

Edited by HuckleberryFinn

3 hours ago, HuckleberryFinn said:

I know some people adjust from other visas, however this forum is for "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas", so everyone here should be adjusting from a K1 or a K3, if they're not they're in the wrong forum!

People that have heard something so soon have been extremely lucky. Most people haven't heard anything yet. I don't think you're outside of normal processing times yet, but let us know what they say at the field office when you go! I am planning on paying them a visit soon too :P 

Meaning i am in the wrong forum for i am adjusting using C9 adjustment by marriage .

Pls which forum is for C9 so i can leave this one

1 hour ago, Tomalley said:

We all based on C9 I think. What visa did you enter USA 

Tourist visa, probably my 7th time in the states b4 love found me on one of my trip so i stayed and didn't go back to UK. 

EAD card in production as of this morning! I had given up hope too, but finally some good news. Am I right in thinking I should have my EAD card within a week? 

Now I don't mind the interview wait!

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Floflo said:

Meaning i am in the wrong forum for i am adjusting using C9 adjustment by marriage .

It seems I am in the wrong forum as well, I am on F1 visa :( 

Timeline

11 hours ago, Tomalley said:

I think there are others like you in this forum too. But I don’t know if there is a forum for AOS from tourist visa.. 

Indeed, I don't think there's a forum for AOS from tourist visa, since that's not actually expected (and that's not actually how you are adjusting, you are adjusting because you married a USC).

So, you ARE in the right forum, we are all adjusting under (c)(9) section - marriage based. Even though you entered on a tourist visa you are now the spouse of a USC, and therefore this AOS of yours is family based, which is in the title of this forum.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ana & Sebas said:

It seems I am in the wrong forum as well, I am on F1 visa :(

Are you married to a USC though? If not, then yes, you are in the wrong forum.

Also, I looked it up and there is indeed a forum for people adjusting from a tourist visa. here: 

I am not sure if it matters if you are married to a USC though because you are still family based and under the same section as the rest of us.

12 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Thanks Guy my comment was based on one of us who categorically stated this forum are for those adjusting from K1 or K2 not those adjusting to C9. So i guessed even though many of usarw adjusting to C9 but not from K1 then we are on the wrong thread so i started a thread for those adjusting from B1/B2 notwithstanding it doesn't matter as it is same process they will go through to be approved.

Then i am in the wrong forum

5 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

This is so weird. I didn’t post that at all. Someone used my account ?? 

Tomalley i posted that, don't know how it came under your name.i am sorry. How can i put it back in my name or delete "

Thanks Guy my comment was based on one of us who categorically stated this forum are for those adjusting from K1 or K2 not those adjusting to C9. So i guessed even though many of us are adjusting to C9 but not from K1 then we are on the wrong thread so i started a thread for those adjusting from B1/B2 notwithstanding it doesn't matter as it is same process they will go through to be approved."

Edited by Floflo

6 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

This is so weird. I didn’t post that at all. Someone used my account ?? 

Can you delete , i tried but couldn't as it is not my account. I don't know how it happens . pls i am sorry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.