LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 2/18/2019 at 11:54 PM, mysticdolphin95 said:

We just moved from our original filing local office (Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN) to one that seems to be much quicker (Buffalo, NY).  We got the 'ready to interview' notice in late August 2018, but - interestingly - our case just updated on the USCIS site to show: "As of February 12th, your case is ready for interview..."  

Not sure why it's updated to give us the same status on a different date, but perhaps a good sign?  Nearly to our case's first birthday!

@mysticdolphin95where do you see the relative quickness of each office? is that posted somewhere on VJ? Thanks!

Click to expand I-751 ROC Timeline

Spoiler

I-751 ROC application

May 13, 2019: Opening of 90 day window to send application

May 25, 2019: [Day 0] Sent I-751 package to Phoenix via USPS Priority

May 31, 2019: [Day 6] NOA1 received (18 mo extension) & check cashed

June 09, 2019: [Day 15]  Biometrics Waived Letter Received, service center "NBC", text reading "This notice informs you that USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for biometrics appointment."

Sept 13, 2019:  Notice that I-751 was transferred to another office "That office now has jurisdiction over your case" 

Apr 7, 2020:  Notice that I-751 was transferred to another office "That office now has jurisdiction over your case" 

Mar 5, 2021:  Interview scheduled for April 16, 2021.

Apr 16, 2021:  Interview in Portland, OR. Refused entry to USCIS office due to have traveled abroad in the past 10 days. No interview. However, a few hours after refusal, received notice of approval and card produced!  

Apr 20, 2021:  Card mailed! "On April 20, 2021, we mailed your new card for your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE"

Click to expand AOS Timeline / I-131 Reentry Permit Timeline

Spoiler

I-131 Reentry Permit Timeline

Mar 6, 2018: [Day -2] Sent I-131 package to Dallas Lockbox via USPS Priority

Mar 8, 2018: [Day 0] Package received at Dallas Lockbox

Mar 12, 2018: [Day 4] Credit card charged application fee

Mar 13, 2018: [Day 5] Text received confirming receipt

Mar 23, 2018: [Day 15] ASC Appointment Notice for biometrics appointment on Apr 11

Apr 18, 2018: [Day 41] Missed Apr 11 appt (on vacation), walked in Manhattan office with no appt, completed biometrics no problem

Jun 29, 2018: [Day 112] Received I-327 Travel Document / Reentry Permit (REP)

----------------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 4/5/2019 at 9:39 AM, dunebuggy said:

@mysticdolphin95where do you see the relative quickness of each office? is that posted somewhere on VJ? Thanks!

Obviously you can look on the USCIS processing times page, but I also searched K1 timelines on VJ of people who had recently adjusted in Buffalo. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

We had our interview in Vegas Wednesday, April 10th. Our priority date was March 13, 2018. Interview went well, didn’t really ask any weird questions, just went over the information in the 485 form, asked him all of those questions, and then asked us to tell her our love story. Very conversational! We did not get approved on the spot because the officer didn’t want to take my proof of birth certificate (petitioner) and told me she would be sending me a request for a different one. We received the RFE letter in the mail that Saturday, 4/13 and sent it right back to them. Now we’re waiting for a response! The mail said they delivered it Tuesday so we’ll see how it takes for the officer to receive it and review it. We hope to be done with this process soon! 

Edited by Dailynm

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I'm so upset! We still havent had our AOS in person interview rescheduled. When we had our interview back in March, the interviewer was so rude and my husband couldn't understand her because she was speaking so fast. He asked her to slow down and she didn't. She got frustrated and just ended our interviewing saying he needs to come back with a translator. She wouldn't let me translate for him. She also said she would reschedule the interview but she never did! And we can't go online an request another appointment for the Chicago office! We waited a year for that interview!!!! 

Now we've asked for a case update, we've called USCIS and told them for send us another interview appointment. We've even send a letter to the NYC office asking if we can transfer our case there since we will be moving later this year. No response! His work and travel parole expires in 3 months and he has to work to support our family! THIS SUCKS! 

Has anyone gotten their green card from K1 yet? I honestly think it is going to take 2-3 years to finish this. We're already 14 months in! 

5b520b3eb8931_CMHlogo400x400.png.f01253de7b3f9a2ca5955591a0700cbd.png

Share this blog with those going through the adjustment of status immigration journey! https://chicagomeetshavana.com 

We’ve got a new, safe-space community on Facebook. Join our Chicagomeetshavana Visa Tribe here.

Timeline
On 5/1/2019 at 4:52 PM, AriSmith said:

I'm so upset! We still havent had our AOS in person interview rescheduled. When we had our interview back in March, the interviewer was so rude and my husband couldn't understand her because she was speaking so fast. He asked her to slow down and she didn't. She got frustrated and just ended our interviewing saying he needs to come back with a translator. She wouldn't let me translate for him. She also said she would reschedule the interview but she never did! And we can't go online an request another appointment for the Chicago office! We waited a year for that interview!!!! 

Now we've asked for a case update, we've called USCIS and told them for send us another interview appointment. We've even send a letter to the NYC office asking if we can transfer our case there since we will be moving later this year. No response! His work and travel parole expires in 3 months and he has to work to support our family! THIS SUCKS! 

Has anyone gotten their green card from K1 yet? I honestly think it is going to take 2-3 years to finish this. We're already 14 months in! 

If it’s been more than 60 days, you should make an infopass appointment!

Timeline
43 minutes ago, AriSmith said:

We can't! Our office won't allow you to make appointments online! 

That sucks!!! I’m so sorry! I would call them every day till they respond lol

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2019 at 7:52 PM, AriSmith said:

Hey there! I am so sorry to hear about your situation. If this hasn't been sorted out, you should contact your senator or congressperson by putting in a casework request. Each senator and congressperson usually has their own webpage and on there you can find the name and other relevant contact details of the person responsible in handling the office's casework request. You'll need to fill out a USCIS privacy release form and provide some details of your case.

My K-1 AOS interview went well in February 2019 and I got a case update the next morning saying card was in production and then subsequently another at the end of business day saying that my case has been reopened. My case was stuck with zero update and no RFE for 3 months. I finally gave in at 3 months mark to contact our senator. Even after that, it still took USCIS 1 month to issue my green card. In fact, I just received my green card yesterday and funny that my residence start date is the original approval date (the day after my interview). Guess I still get to apply for ROC and staying on my original timeline.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! We have our interview scheduled next month and I was wondering if a new medical exam was needed? From what I understand based on the instructions, a new medical exam isn't required if the AOS was filed within a year of the exam.

I've been reading about this and I wanted to know more recent information. I filed the AOS within less than a year, but the medical is already past one year when I go to my interview.

Here's my timeline:

October 30, 2017 - Medical Exam

March 2018 - AOS filed

September 2019 - Interview scheduled

Just wanted to check your experiences. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have finally gotten my GC in the mail today. After all that waiting and almost losing hope. Just wanted to give an update and encourage everyone to keep holding on. You'll make it through!

12/30/2017 We got married!

03/01/2018 (Day 001) AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

03/05/2018 (Day 005) Package delivered (Delayed due to the weekend) 

03/14/2018 (Day 014) Received 4 e-mails & 4 text notifications (11:55 PM EST) (9 days after delivery)

03/23/2018 (Day 023) Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (for I-485 and I-765)

04/05/2018 (Day 036) Biometrics Appointment

04/13/2018 (Day 044) Fingerprint Review Was Completed

04/17/2018 (Day 048) Ready to schedule my case for an interview

05/10/2018 (Day 071) Request to have EAD case expedited (due to a job offer)

05/18/2018 (Day 079) Received letter from USCIS requesting a fax of proof of a pending job offer 

05/21/2018 (Day 082) Faxed a copy of job offer letter with the notice from USCIS

05/22/2018 (Day 083) Request to have case expedited was completed

06/04/2018 (Day 096) Received approval notice for EAD and AP. Website update Card was mailed to me (website update)

06/05/2018 (Day 097) Card was picked up by USPS and tracking number assigned

06/05/2018 (Day 099) Received EAD and AP combo card. Finally!!!

10/17/2018 (Day 231) Received to appear for interview notice by mail

11/08/2018 (Day 253) Interview Day. Website update "My Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed."

01/10/2019 (Day 316) Received I-130 Approval  notice in the mail (63 days after interview)

01/31/2019 (Day 337) Sent out I-765 Renewal Package via USPS

02/13/2019 (Day 350) Received one (I) text notification of EAD Renewal Package Receipt. Received EAD Renewal Receipt notice in the mail (180 day extension)

03/05/2019 (Day 370) Wrote to the Senator to help with my case (1 year after Case Receipt Date)

03/08/2019 (Day 373) Filed an online Case Inquiry (120 days after AOS Interview)

04/08/2019 (Day 404) Senator’s office replies with generic response from USCIS stating my case is still within normal processing times

06/07/2019 (Day 464)  Online case status tracker updates to say an RFE for my I-485 was mailed to me

06/22/2019 (Day 479) Sent an online e-request for not receiving RFE

07/24/2019 (Day 511) Sent another e-request for still not receiving RFE

08/12/2019 (Day 530) Called USCIS about not receiving RFE was told I should sign up for a myUSCIS account(which I already had but couldn’t access any documents). Asked to be connected to a Tier 2 official but was told they were all busy and couldn’t help me

09/04/2019 (Day 553) Called USCIS again about not receiving RFE. I was asked to fill out another request and if I still had issues I should call the next day and be connected to a Tier 2 official

09/05/2019 (Day 554) Called USCIS about still having issues with not receiving my RFE and was put on call queue for a Tier 2 official; who called me back. I was informed that there must have been an administrative error from the local Baltimore office because he sees the RFE on file (which had expired on September 2nd) so he would put in a request to the office to review it.

09/12/2019 (Day 561) Received a letter from USCIS(dated Sept 9th) that I had contacted them as a result of an administrative error but attached was the RFE(with an expiration date of Sept 2nd 2019). RFE was requesting my original birth certificate.

09/13/2019 (Day 562) Sent a copy of my original birth certificate via FedEx along with the USCIS letter about the error and the RFE

09/16/2019 (Day 565) Got delivery report from FedEx that package was signed for this morning at 10:02am 

09/20/2019 (Day 569) Got another RFE (with an expiration date of December 13th 2019) requesting for original birth certificate  

09/21/2019 (Day 570) Sent another copy of my original birth certificate via FedEx along with the RFE 

09/21/2019 (Day 572) Got delivery report from FedEx that package was signed for this morning at 8:27am 

09/26/2019 (Day 575) Got status update that New Card Is Being Produced

09/28/2019 (Day 577) Got status update that Case has been approved and an approval notice has been mailed to me 

10/01/2019 (Day 580) Got status update that Card was mailed to me

10/02/2019 (Day 581) Got status update that Card was picked up by USPS + tracking information

10/03/2019 (Day 582) Green Card was delivered today (329 days after interview) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.