LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

On July 12 I requested my ead to be expedited.

On July 17 I received an email saying that they were reviewing my case and would contact me with a response or requesting more documents.

Yesterday my I 485 updated and said that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

I haven't received nothing about the ead, no even asking for supporting docs. Is it normal?

And be ready for an interview doesn't mean much righ?

Timeline

You should receive an letter from USCIS soon with an update on your request. And as far as your AOS ready to be schedule, it only means that your local office will be scheduling your interview soon and you will also receive an letter from USCIS with date/time and documentation to bring. The general advice I normally give people on the ready to schedule interview is, be prepared with your backup docs, it can take a month or monthS.

Edited by T_P

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello March filers!!

I'm a K1 Visa holder in US and we've sent my EAD and AP applications along with AOS application on March 15th.
had my biometrics on April 13th. My AOS status has changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" on July 9th, but still no news on having my EAD/AP card after 132 days! Is this normal? And does anyone know how long does it usually take until they schedule an interview?
We live in Chicago! Thanks!

AOS-EAD-AP.jpg

Edited by cross_the_river

Timeline
2 minutes ago, cross_the_river said:

And does anyone know how long does it usually take until they schedule an interview?

9 to 25 months according to USCIS site

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I am getting a little bit desperate about my situation.I need your advice or opinions please...I sent my AOS package on feb 16th and they received it on feb 20th.I got a rejection notice for my i-765 so I had to re-send it and they received it on march 14th.I had a second bio app on April 11th for my EAD but I havent heard anything from them since then.It has been 5 months since I applied for i-485 and i-130 and there is no letters or updates on USCIS website about my cases.They still say that case was received for both of my i-485 and i-130. Also, my i-765 is the same way with the other 2 cases.It says ''case was received'' for my i-765 but no letters or updates about my EAD. It has been exactly 133 days and NOTHING. I am getting really frustrated.Is there anyone here who are in the same situation? I am from the state of MICHIGAN. please share your timelines with me.I still dont have a EAD card or an interview notice.I dont know what to do :/ 

Edited by Michigan24

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Michigan24 said:

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I am getting a little bit desperate about my situation.I need your advice or opinions please...I sent my AOS package on feb 16th and they received it on feb 20th.I got a rejection notice for my i-765 so I had to re-send it and they received it on march 14th.I had a second bio app on April 11th for my EAD but I havent heard anything from them since then.It has been 5 months since I applied for i-485 and i-130 and there is no letters or updates on USCIS website about my cases.They still say that case was received for both of my i-485 and i-130. Also, my i-765 is the same way with the other 2 cases.It says ''case was received'' for my i-765 but no letters or updates about my EAD. It has been exactly 133 days and NOTHING. I am getting really frustrated.Is there anyone here who are in the same situation? I am from the state of MICHIGAN. please share your timelines with me.I still dont have a EAD card or an interview notice.I dont know what to do :/ 

My ead got approved today, after 152 days.. so all I can say is that it is definitely taking forever. I don't think there's anything wrong with your process, they are probably just crazy busy :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Michigan24 said:

Yes, most people are in the same situation.  EAD/AP is currently taking up to 6.5 months to process, and not getting any updates are normal.  Your AOS interview timeline will depend on your local office.

4 minutes ago, AnaMolina said:

My ead got approved today, after 152 days.. so all I can say is that it is definitely taking forever. I don't think there's anything wrong with your process, they are probably just crazy busy :(

Hi, thank you for the response.Congrats on your EAD!! I dont know when I will hear something...I am tired of waiting :///

6 minutes ago, mysticdolphin95 said:

Yes, most people are in the same situation.  EAD/AP is currently taking up to 6.5 months to process, and not getting any updates are normal.  Your AOS interview timeline will depend on your local office.

Hi, thank u for the response.I am just getting paranoid I think but the waiting game is not fun at all especially when i am stuck at home doing nothing :/ I hope we hear something soon..Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Michigan24 said:

Hi, thank you for the response.Congrats on your EAD!! I dont know when I will hear something...I am tired of waiting :///

Thanks! Yeah I completely understand how you feel, I was getting depressed too. Staying home and not doing anything during all this time has been rough!

Filed: Timeline

After successful expedite request through Congressman, I got my EAD within two weeks and our case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

Our initial application was on January 9th but we got an RFE and we replied that RFE on March 2nd.

Good luck everyone and if your application takes more time than it suppose to be, I recommend everyone to expedite request through Congressman.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Guysss!! My EAD staus just got updated now!! Can't believe it!! :dancing:
Took 132 days since March 15th , when they received our application! 

To all of you! stay positive and hopeful! 

New EAD.JPG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.