2018JNJ

January 2018 Filers

3,943 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Just now, kennharv said:

Scanned copies would be easier.  I kept reading to be prepared to have originals at interview.

Same here. Would love to have scanned copies for its money wise. But just to avoid delays still prefer having both(original and Photocopy).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kennharv said:

Scanned copies would be easier.  I kept reading to be prepared to have originals at interview.

On December 28, 2016, the Department of State announced that original or “wet ink” signatures are no longer required on Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for immigrant visa petitions. This new measure also applies to I-864 supplements such as the I-864A, I-864W, and I-864EZ. Beginning January 1, 2017 the National Visa Center will begin to accept photocopies and scans of signed I-864 affidavit of support forms. The I-864 will still need to contain the affiant’s signature, however the signature no longer needs to be a “wet ink” signature. Typed names and electronic signatures are not acceptable. Petitioners will be required to submit an amended I-864 form to the National Visa Center if the sponsor’s name and personal information is missing and there is no signature or missing pages. Petitioners who will need to send an amended I-864 will receive a “checklist” containing the information that must be corrected on form I-864. If you receive a checklist letter prior to January 1, 2017 asking for an original signature on form I-864 please contact the National Visa Center.  

The above also applies to the I-134

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/ink-signature-no-longer-required-on-affidavits-of-support.html

10 minutes ago, kennharv said:

Seems like it was around $80 the last time I used them.  It was less than FedEx plus DHL has more locations in the provinces.  I will send when the NOA2 is approved so that documents are as current as possible.  It takes only few days to get there.

$80 is a good price

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

34 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

Scanned copies are now accepted for the i134 unless your embassy has specific instructions otherwise.

yea im afraid the scanned copies will not come out clear I have scanned him things in the past and the quality is not all that great but that is good info to know

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 minutes ago, LuFlolady said:

$80 is a good price

USPS priority mail is the best priced. it cost $31.25 flat rate to send a letter sized envelope to Nigeria, takes 5 days to receive. I have prepared the documents expect for the whats app chat logs, i will print those closer to the date of mailing the documents. I have received my tax transcripts for the last three years from IRS, Just need to update my intent to marry within 90 days with wet signature. i have copies of my birth certificate and passport to include as well. i will print the pictures of me and my fiance from here because it think it is cheaper here, Walmart  charges 47 cents per picture and you can print from USB or Facebook or online. i think thats all of it.

2 minutes ago, Deehotstepper said:

USPS priority mail is the best priced. it cost $31.25 flat rate to send a letter sized envelope to Nigeria, takes 5 days to receive. I have prepared the documents expect for the whats app chat logs, i will print those closer to the date of mailing the documents. I have received my tax transcripts for the last three years from IRS, Just need to update my intent to marry within 90 days with wet signature. i have copies of my birth certificate and passport to include as well. i will print the pictures of me and my fiance from here because it think it is cheaper here, Walmart  charges 47 cents per picture and you can print from USB or Facebook or online. i think thats all of it.

how do u print ur whatsapp chat logs.... I have yet to figure out a easy way to print mine....and does it say 3yrsre u just sending more bcuz u r going thru the embassy in Naija?

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Timeline
8 minutes ago, LuFlolady said:

how do u print ur whatsapp chat logs.... I have yet to figure out a easy way to print mine....and does it say 3yrsre u just sending more bcuz u r going thru the embassy in Naija?

To print the Whats-app chat, you go to the conversation of you and who, you would like to print. Then you select the 3 dots at the top right corner, then select more and then select email chat. once it is emailed you, you can print it.

for the tax returns, i have heard that the I-134 calls for three years, i read people going through the April NOA2 to interview right now and  they are including tax returns form from 2017, 2016 and 2015. So i am doing the same, not sure if it required or not for 3 years but i cant afford any delays in the process for providing less documents than needed. i wont be mostly likely seeing my fiance until POE, so we need to get this visa the first time she goes in to interview. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, JayHouser said:

I heard most people have not even been asked for the affidavit of support in the k1 interview. Not until adjustment of status.

this is true for some but other have been asked for the Affidavit of support at the embassy interview and other at the point of entry, both embassy and POE agents usually state that they do not want the beneficiary to be on the USA system so they need to see proof that you will be supported when in America.

Oh, also have your job offer letter and at least 4 pay stubs and official bank statements included in documents that you will send to your beneficiary. forgot to add those to the list in my earlier post.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Deehotstepper said:

this is true for some but other have been asked for the Affidavit of support at the embassy interview and other at the point of entry, both embassy and POE agents usually state that they do not want the beneficiary to be on the USA system so they need to see proof that you will be supported when in America.

Oh, also have your job offer letter and at least 4 pay stubs and official bank statements included in documents that you will send to your beneficiary. forgot to add those to the list in my earlier post.

That would be a real pain to be asked for additional documents at POE after already being approved with a K1Visa literally in your hand. Has anyone ever had any issues with only 1 year of income because other members said that 1 year is fine? Also, I make the income alone but on taxes it does not show that because I am self employed so on my W4 it shows I do but my return and transcript tell a different story because I am not trying to get nailed to the wall on taxes.

I do have someone that would be willing to Sponsor the K1 as well but I think she can only show one year of income for current year and 2017.

Edited by JayHouser

Timeline
2 hours ago, S&JW said:

I hope someone will. Would love to see daily or weekly scans here on our thread.

Any volunteer January Filers? :rolleyes::yes:

i would like to nominate @LuFlolady to be our official scanner for the weekly and daily scans. You go girl!!! you got this.

would anyone like to second this nomination. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 hours ago, Deehotstepper said:

i would like to nominate @LuFlolady to be our official scanner for the weekly and daily scans. You go girl!!! you got this.

would anyone like to second this nomination. :D

I'll second 😁

Edited by JGHH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
11 hours ago, LuFlolady said:

@LuFlolady You can screenshot some of your sweetest conversations, make sure the date is visible on it then insert it on microsoft word. You can do 2-3 screenshots in 1 A4size bond paper(Landscape lay out). 

If there are messages that takes long to scroll up and you want to retrieve. Just download only PYNO on playstore. 😊😊

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
11 hours ago, JayHouser said:

That would be a real pain to be asked for additional documents at POE after already being approved with a K1Visa literally in your hand. Has anyone ever had any issues with only 1 year of income because other members said that 1 year is fine? Also, I make the income alone but on taxes it does not show that because I am self employed so on my W4 it shows I do but my return and transcript tell a different story because I am not trying to get nailed to the wall on taxes.

I do have someone that would be willing to Sponsor the K1 as well but I think she can only show one year of income for current year and 2017.

Depends on which country you are talking about the countries it doesn't come up much is Philippines and maybe (just maybe) U.K. 

Most embassies will want to see it and will ask for it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
8 hours ago, Naes said:

Depends on which country you are talking about the countries it doesn't come up much is Philippines and maybe (just maybe) U.K. 

Most embassies will want to see it and will ask for it.

So is 1 year with a sponsor okay?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.