2,245 posts in this topic

So I just submitted my expedite request and got my SR (TN) number. I went only to check if the TN number had been applied to my petitions and I see that it has only been applied to me i-131 and not the i-765. Even though I submitted an expedite for both. 

Has anyone got experience with this? Do I need to call back and submit another expedite request?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Expediting AP is an odd one in current circumstances.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

12 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Expediting AP is an odd one in current circumstances.

Well yes, I would agree for the most part. However, my job requires some pretty extensive travel (let's not discuss how hard that is at the moment...I am acutely aware)

Regardless, do you think this is some kind of mistake? Should I submit again?

Timeline

Well they would be looked upon individually so it is possile the EAD has been and the AP has not. Difficult to know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Well it would make zero sense to approve AP and not EAD.

34 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Well it would make zero sense to approve AP and not EAD.

Well I already have an EAD...but it expires shortly. So perhaps that is the reason? 

Also, not so odd to just expedite the AP, lots of examples of that happening. 

I am only asking for advice on if I should submit a new expedite request given it has only so far been applied to my AP. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, beefmaster said:

I just checked my USCIS account and I have the following update

image.png.df72e604bf59927cb5fc38b89a55de7f.png

I haven't sent in any supporting information. Is this normal?

Yeah it is. I had this happen to me and was not sure. It means that your expedite is being considered. I waited 5 days with no response, as I was expecting request for evidence by fax. I called them up and all they said it was still being considered. hang in there! I am too

4 minutes ago, waitinggame101 said:

Yeah it is. I had this happen to me and was not sure. It means that your expedite is being considered. I waited 5 days with no response, as I was expecting request for evidence by fax. I called them up and all they said it was still being considered. hang in there! I am too

Thank you for the insight.  I am very confused how they can make a decision without supporting evidence but let's see. Let me know how yours turns out, positive or otherwise!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, beefmaster said:

Thank you for the insight.  I am very confused how they can make a decision without supporting evidence but let's see. Let me know how yours turns out, positive or otherwise!

Given the current work restrictions at USCIS and number of people applying for expedite these days, it may be taking longer than normal.... what I am thinking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi everyone,  I just got this update today . What's that mean ?? Bc on the description they said we will mail u a notice of action with our final ! Does that mean that my EAD wasn't approved yet and they still may deny me ?? I am really confused can anyone help me please Screenshot_20200414-122606_Chrome.thumb.jpg.de8e8ecf9cfff70582785e3923a94121.jpg

On 4/9/2020 at 11:58 AM, Wayne386 said:

Finally received EAD in hand!!! 🥳

No SSN yet though, but where would the ssn be coming from, the local ssa office or somewhere else? I would call my local ssa office but not sure what to ask them.

Did you receive your SSN in the meantime? 

I just received my combo card. 

34 minutes ago, US&TN said:

Hi everyone,  I just got this update today . What's that mean ?? Bc on the description they said we will mail u a notice of action with our final ! Does that mean that my EAD wasn't approved yet and they still may deny me ?? I am really confused can anyone help me please Screenshot_20200414-122606_Chrome.thumb.jpg.de8e8ecf9cfff70582785e3923a94121.jpg

It means that they will process it quicker, doesn't mean an approval though. Although an EAD is not guaranteed, there are few cases in which they are denied so you'll probably either receive an approval at one point or an RFE for the underlying I-485 if they feel something is missing. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Poseidon1212 said:

It means that they will process it quicker, doesn't mean an approval though. Although an EAD is not guaranteed, there are few cases in which they are denied so you'll probably either receive an approval at one point or an RFE for the underlying I-485 if they feel something is missing. 

My I-485 case is already changed to Ready to be scheduled for an interview 5 days ago so I don't think I will get a RFIE at this point . So I'm gonna set here and wait for them to take a decision on my EAD card lol.  Do you have an idea how long should I wait before I start bothering them with calls ??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.