KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, BrendaD said:

Thank you! Just be patient it is coming! Did you sign up for text message and email notification updates? I hope you get approved soon! Best of luck to you!

Thank you, Brenda. Yes, I did. I actually just contacted my senator's office again today. (For the third time.) I have no faith that it will help in any way, however. The thing that is so excruciating is seeing that just about everyone else who sent their I-130s to the Potomac Service Center in March like us have now already been processed. Clearly the months they are really working on are July and August. And here our I-130 from March is going nowhere. And there is no information. No request for additional information, no telling us that we filled something out incorrectly, nothing. Just utter limbo. 

It was a genuine glimmer of hope to see your I-130, that was received even before ours, come through. I guess it does happen. I will take your advice and continue to be patient.

Thanks again, Brenda. And also again, congratulations!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jeff & Laila said:

Thank you, Brenda. Yes, I did. I actually just contacted my senator's office again today. (For the third time.) I have no faith that it will help in any way, however. The thing that is so excruciating is seeing that just about everyone else who sent their I-130s to the Potomac Service Center in March like us have now already been processed. Clearly the months they are really working on are July and August. And here our I-130 from March is going nowhere. And there is no information. No request for additional information, no telling us that we filled something out incorrectly, nothing. Just utter limbo. 

It was a genuine glimmer of hope to see your I-130, that was received even before ours, come through. I guess it does happen. I will take your advice and continue to be patient.

Thanks again, Brenda. And also again, congratulations!

I got just as frustrated as you did. I called USCIS, which didn't help. I filed in February and saw filers from May and June get approved quick from the same service center. Again, hang in there! You will get approved soon! I wish you all the best in your journey! If I can answer any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Picked up my passport this week with the visa in. My wife is flying over for a few days and then we leave together to go start our life in California in Feb. I am over the moon. To all those that are still waiting, hang on in there and if you need any advice then ping me a message and I will answer what I can. It was 10.5 long months but we are here finally. So relieved, so happy and can't wait for the future ahead in sunny California. 

Good luck all! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alexei1985 said:

Picked up my passport this week with the visa in. My wife is flying over for a few days and then we leave together to go start our life in California in Feb. I am over the moon. To all those that are still waiting, hang on in there and if you need any advice then ping me a message and I will answer what I can. It was 10.5 long months but we are here finally. So relieved, so happy and can't wait for the future ahead in sunny California. 

Good luck all! 

Yay!!! 🎊🥳 aren’t we lucky!! Good luck everyone!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
On 1/10/2019 at 4:31 PM, nickymicky said:

I need to pay Green card fee.

its asking for A# and DOS case ID so is DOS case id and NVC case number the same.

Yes. And Congratulations! 

Edited by afk

Timeline
On 1/10/2019 at 1:42 PM, Alexei1985 said:

Good luck all! 

Congratulations!! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, An&Ak said:

After submitted all documents, how many days I have to wait...?

For us it took 1-2 weeks to get the Case complete (email that they accepted all your documentation = documentarily qualified) and then another month until we got the interview appointment email. 

Interview was about 3 weeks later 😊

Good luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Our case was complete at the NVC 12/28 and we received an interview appointment on 1/9. My husband's interview is 2/25. I know I should be excited because this what we have been waiting an entire year for but I'm only super anxious.

We've been through this process before and the embassy refused to issue a visa at the interview. (For those who are wondering, there were no red flags, no legal issues with the marriage, neither of us have been previously married, no criminal record and he answered all the questions correctly. We had tons of evidence of our relationship. We even lived together for 6 months right after we got married in his home country!) After all of 5 minutes of talking to him they simply refused to issue the visa. They never gave us any reason and they never notified us of our case being sent back to USCIS as they said they would. On the advice of an attorney, we simply refiled our petition and like last time, we have been approved at every step of the way. Now it's just this awful, anxiety inducing interview standing between us being able to be together. I wish our embassy allowed spouses to be there. I'd feel slightly better if I could just be there... We've been married for almost 3 years and I visit as regularly as time and money allows which is about twice a year. So, here's to hoping that having an attorney, lots of patience and perseverance, even more pictures and receipts of our time together pays off and the interviewer does the RIGHT thing and issues my husband his visa. I hope everyone else gets to be reunited w/ their families soon as well! All the best!

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate :Ethiopia

Marriage (if applicable):2016-07-21

I-130 Sent :2018-01-29

I-130 NOA1 :2018-02-26

I-130 Approved :2018-08-30

NVC Received :2018-09-28

Send AOS Package :2018-11-19

Send IV Package :2018-11-19

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2019-01-09

Case Completed at NVC :2018-12-28

Interview Date : 2019-02-25

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 1/10/2019 at 8:47 PM, nickymicky said:

Visa Approved :dance::dance::dance:

Hi congrats to u guys... My interview is on 7th Feb @ktm embassy. Just wanted to know how many days before the interview did ur wife get the medical? Ani medical ko report next day nai aaucha ki kati din lagcha??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, ssgg said:

Hi congrats to u guys... My interview is on 7th Feb @ktm embassy. Just wanted to know how many days before the interview did ur wife get the medical? Ani medical ko report next day nai aaucha ki kati din lagcha??

U can do medical before 7 days from interview 

Timeline
18 hours ago, rahill said:

Our case was complete at the NVC 12/28 and we received an interview appointment on 1/9. My husband's interview is 2/25. I know I should be excited because this what we have been waiting an entire year for but I'm only super anxious.

We've been through this process before and the embassy refused to issue a visa at the interview. (For those who are wondering, there were no red flags, no legal issues with the marriage, neither of us have been previously married, no criminal record and he answered all the questions correctly. We had tons of evidence of our relationship. We even lived together for 6 months right after we got married in his home country!) After all of 5 minutes of talking to him they simply refused to issue the visa. They never gave us any reason and they never notified us of our case being sent back to USCIS as they said they would. On the advice of an attorney, we simply refiled our petition and like last time, we have been approved at every step of the way. Now it's just this awful, anxiety inducing interview standing between us being able to be together. I wish our embassy allowed spouses to be there. I'd feel slightly better if I could just be there... We've been married for almost 3 years and I visit as regularly as time and money allows which is about twice a year. So, here's to hoping that having an attorney, lots of patience and perseverance, even more pictures and receipts of our time together pays off and the interviewer does the RIGHT thing and issues my husband his visa. I hope everyone else gets to be reunited w/ their families soon as well! All the best!

Oh my God! All the best for this time!!! 🙏😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.