KiwiinMaine

I-130 February 2018 filers

1,535 posts in this topic

For those of you going through the NVC stage, how long did it take between them receiving your case and processing it to send documents in?

.How long did it take everyone to receive their nvc number? It's been 6 weeks. They have received our case but haven't entered it into their system. Also once they do enter it how long does it take to submit the forms and process them and give the interview date? Our priority date is feb 20th. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, Marriam23 said:

.How long did it take everyone to receive their nvc number? It's been 6 weeks. They have received our case but haven't entered it into their system. Also once they do enter it how long does it take to submit the forms and process them and give the interview date? Our priority date is feb 20th. 

I also want to know about this process because still I am not getting my NVC number. It's been 5 week. USCIS has sent case to the state department for consular processing on October 31,2018.

40 minutes ago, An&Ak said:

I also want to know about this process because still I am not getting my NVC number. It's been 5 week. USCIS has sent case to the state department for consular processing on October 31,2018.

I got my case number in little over 3 weeks form the NVC after it was sent over by USCIS. From what I been seen on the forum, many others have gotten their case number in 3 to 4 weeks time. If you called NVC they will tell you it takes 5 to 6 weeks for them to give you a case number. It’s only been 5 weeks for you. Just give them one more week and if you don’t hear from them you should definitely called them.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU CHECK YOUR EMAIL VERY CAREFULLY, CHECK YOUR SPAM TOO. NVC WILL SEND CASE NUMBER VIA EMAIL TO YOU. THEY WILL NOT SEND YOU AN ACTUAL HARD MAIL. 

I hope my response help with your concerns. And good luck to you, stay patient. 

Edited by Gods-faith

23 hours ago, adsanctis said:

For those of you going through the NVC stage, how long did it take between them receiving your case and processing it to send documents in?

For my case, NVC received my case on 5 Oct and I received the welcome email with case number from NVC on 31 Oct. I thought they will not send me the hard copy but I was wrong as it came in my mailbox (overseas) on 31 Nov. I guess it is normal to take longer for the hard copy to arrive overseas, experienced the same during USCIS stage. . But I m happy so long they got my email and I receive the news via soft copy faster! So do check your email and also the spam mailbox. 

Edited by Atl2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, Gods-faith said:

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU CHECK YOUR EMAIL VERY CAREFULLY, CHECK YOUR SPAM TOO. NVC WILL SEND CASE NUMBER VIA EMAIL TO YOU. THEY WILL NOT SEND YOU AN ACTUAL HARD MAIL. 

I got the hard mail exactly one month after I got the email with case number and invoice ID

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
On 12/3/2018 at 5:04 PM, Alexei1985 said:

When you have your documents accepted they will message you to let you know that has happened.

Maybe I should have made my question more clear. I know that they'll send us a message to let us know that the case is complete or to ask for more docs, but I am wondering if they'll send a confirmation message that all the correct documentation has been received/submitted and it is in the queue for review

4 minutes ago, Brittany95 said:

Maybe I should have made my question more clear. I know that they'll send us a message to let us know that the case is complete or to ask for more docs, but I am wondering if they'll send a confirmation message that all the correct documentation has been received/submitted and it is in the queue for review

Ah ok, I get ya! No you won't get that message. They will send you a message once everything that has been submitted is approved and that they are arranging your interview with the embassy. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Alexei1985 said:

Ah ok, I get ya! No you won't get that message. They will send you a message once everything that has been submitted is approved and that they are arranging your interview with the embassy. 

Awesome... Thank you :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
On 12/3/2018 at 11:11 PM, Alexei1985 said:

My wife (lovemybrit) has already mentioned it but I had my interview this morning and got approved, I have yet to have my medical as they gave us hardly any warning of when the interview was but told me to attend my interview anyway. 

For those wondering, the NVC took two weeks to give us an interview date from when the approved our documents. I went through my documents with the first person and that took all of 10 mins and then waited for another 10 mins and then had my interview which lasted 5 mins and I was approved. I was in first thing this morning so I think that is why I was so quick. 

My embassy was in London too. 

No need to panic or worry, if you are telling the truth then you will be fine. 

Good luck to everybody, I am super stoked to be moving over to be with my wife and kid. 

Congratulations guys!!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.