3,193 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

And this right here is why I can't nor will be overly impatient. There are others waiting way longer then us...

IMG_0005.PNG

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

5 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

And this right here is why I can't nor will be overly impatient. There are others waiting way longer then us...

IMG_0005.PNG

this is crazy... if that happens to me i dont know what to do, since i dont really have a life anymore in germany. Like im finishing my bachelors degree and live at my grandma because it wouldnt have made sense to get a new apartment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
1 hour ago, BJ & Christine said:

IMG_0005.PNG

This is just unbelievable this poor man should call Trump or what is the decision here?

and what can make them keep it sooooo damn long? 

event.png

1 hour ago, BJ & Christine said:

IMG_0005.PNG

But isn’t it likely that there is some obvious problem with this case? I mean it just seems to me that the straightforward ones don’t take that long for them to look over and then there are the ones that are likely more complicated or unclear or more info needed or the RFE was not received or who knows what else. To me it’s just crazy that you send in this application just to have it sit 6+ months before anyone even looks at it. That’s insane!! Just such a crazy process all around. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

But isn’t it likely that there is some obvious problem with this case? I mean it just seems to me that the straightforward ones don’t take that long for them to look over and then there are the ones that are likely more complicated or unclear or more info needed or the RFE was not received or who knows what else. To me it’s just crazy that you send in this application just to have it sit 6+ months before anyone even looks at it. That’s insane!! Just such a crazy process all around. 

8 minutes ago, AnnaR said:

This is just unbelievable this poor man should call Trump or what is the decision here?

and what can make them keep it sooooo damn long? 

Who knows. But it's back ground checks if I had to guess. That seems to take the longest. Previous marriages, criminal records, common surname. All can be factors. I'd imagine theres other things also

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

If your supporting documents, 1040, W-2, Employment letter substantiates that you meet or exceed the poverty guidelines for your household size then there is nothing else that is needed. Why do when do will do? :D

Thank you both! Glad I asked. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

There are two reasons that people are running around to get their case number prior to receiving the letter. First, they want to know if they have had their case number approved because that is a "security blanket" for them that the process is moving forward. It drives most :girlwerewolf2xn:when they call and it isn't assigned. It's like being in a crowd of people and you follow the person in front of you, who is following the person in front of them, because they perceive that person knows where they are going.  The higher your expectations the farther you fall.

Second is that some Embassy's will allow you to schedule your interview and complete your medical just with having the number. And, herein lies the problem. If your Embassy doesn't allow you to start the process without the letter or the case hasn't arrived and set to "ready" at the Embassy then there is no need to be on the phone calling NVC. So you have a case number, what good is it. You can't use it till the Embassy says you can and you would have received in either a email or a paper copy from the postman by the time your record arrived at the Embassy.  I just don't understand the logic in that but people can't get passed it so they call every day. :bonk:

Here is some information on Poland and the process there. Look it over and see what your next steps are.:thumbs:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pl/pl-niv-visatypeinfo.asp

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pl/pl-niv-appointmentschedule.asp

How will I know if my embassy (dublin-Ireland) will accept case number alone , or if I need the letter .. thank you ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A lot of February 8 and 9 NOA1s on Visa journey are yet to get their NOA2. I hope they stop skipping a lot of us and get approved this week.

I'm struggling to stay calm. My phone's gallery is filled up with screenshots on the next line of action after receiving the NOA2.

*fingers crossed*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Bure said:

A lot of February 8 and 9 NOA1s on Visa journey are yet to get their NOA2. I hope they stop skipping a lot of us and get approved this week.

I'm struggling to stay calm. My phone's gallery is filled up with screenshots on the next line of action after receiving the NOA2.

*fingers crossed*

We are feb 9 new site. Looks like they are skipping first weeks like they do every month and starting from mid of month. Hope they get back on first two weeks. 😞

26 minutes ago, Sanjana dogra said:

We are feb 9 new site. Looks like they are skipping first weeks like they do every month and starting from mid of month. Hope they get back on first two weeks. 😞

I don't think so.  They definitely started with the beginning of Feb.  Check out Igor's list for reference.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I don't think so.  They definitely started with the beginning of Feb.  Check out Igor's list for reference.

They did but i see more approvals for mid feb. The only worry is hope they dont forget first week of feb as they are proceeding further

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sanjana dogra said:

They did but i see more approvals for mid feb. The only worry is hope they dont forget first week of feb as they are proceeding further

This is what i have observed that happened to previous months too. There are still lots of first week to 2nd week of the month that are still waiting. Including me at 218days. :cry:

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lucy&Jason said:

This is what i have observed that happened to previous months too. There are still lots of first week to 2nd week of the month that are still waiting. Including me at 218days. :cry:

This is exactly what im talking about for some reason initial week gets slow approvals. My fiance was sad today about still no movement. I feel that the hardtime is gone. Almost 6 months we waited now the wait ahead of us is nothing. I check just once a day uscis website. Eventually we all will be together with our love. If not in oct then nov or dec. What really bummed me was why first week suffer always. Good luck to you girl hope you get approved coming week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Yes there were few. USCIS approves few petitions per date. But this is only according to VJ’s data. But who knows? 🤷‍♀️ 

In hindsight, I guess we should just extend our expectations to 250ish day, this will help us to become more calmer and less stressful in this long and winding journey. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Igor's list has a gap on the 8th and 9th of February 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.