dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2018

1,179 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
2 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

I did. I added more receipts of gifts sent and call logs and some of our messages to each other because I never sent it during the 1st stage of the process. 

Same thing I am paranoid that they won’t send it with the civil documents to the embassy 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, I&A/T said:

Same thing I am paranoid that they won’t send it with the civil documents to the embassy 

Ha!! Please when you get the letter let me know what it says, because me I plan to get mine from Portharcourt headquarters... Can't travel all the way to Lagos. 

Documents sent, they'll arrive on Monday. Hoping for no checklists since Rapidvisa helped us review the documents, I also hope it doesn't take more than 6 weeks to get a CC, although I know both scenarios are far from ideal, but very possible. Compared to the 10 and a half months stuck at USCIS, this feels like heaven honestly :D Good luck everyone <3  

Edited by Dianalorena

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone..

My case was received by NVC on Jan 26 and I am still waiting to get my case number and a welcome letter from them..

But I was wondering what documents should I have ready?

And when do we need police clearance? Should I get that done for my husband already or should I wait?

2 minutes ago, Harmeet Kaur said:

Hi everyone..

My case was received by NVC on Jan 26 and I am still waiting to get my case number and a welcome letter from them..

And when do we need police clearance? Should I get that done for my husband already or should I wait?

You need to basically send the same civil documents you sent to USCIS :) It makes no much sense to me, since they transfer our cases, right? hah

Everything mentioned on the checklist: birth certificate, passport, marriage, divorce (if applies) all with translations. The police clearance has to be sent along with the documents so getting it already would definitely be a good idea, depending on the country this can be fairly easy or fairly complex. This time you also send the AOS package (affidavit of support) all the tax information, so if you don't have the taxes for the past 3 years, you should, as well as proof of income (letter from your current job) and proof of domicile, like a lease. They're sent together, in different envelopes inside a bigger envelope. The NVC guide included here at Rapidvisa is very helpful. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, MrsSL said:

SD  12/29

CC   2/2 

I checked the portal yesterday and the status was changed to "at NVC",   my husband called few hours later and they confirmed our case is complete

I'm so so happy guys :jest::jest::jest:  Hope you get yours soon !!!

Now waiting for the interview to be scheduled in Morocco , can't wait !!

congratulation. Looking forward to see when will your interview be. 

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Peachess said:

Ha!! Please when you get the letter let me know what it says, because me I plan to get mine from Portharcourt headquarters... Can't travel all the way to Lagos. 

Sorry what?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Harmeet Kaur said:

Hi everyone..

Hey

In 2 weeks you should get a case number and welcome letter in email. Did you sign up to receive e-notification form G-1145 when u sent to USCIS? 

you need following:

coverletter ( i made one)

Checklist you received from welcome letter

AOS Package

Bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal

I-864 form 

your Tax transcript (they need only 2016, but i send both 2014 and 2015)

W2 (i sent all 3 years)

Employment letter

i also sent 6 months of paystubs

IV Package

your spouse Birth Certificate photocopy

your marriage certificate photocopy

photocopy of bio-data page of beneficiary's unexpired passport

police clearance certificate

Here is a link. I used this links to help me. Good Luck

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

CR1 Journey for US Citizen (USC) with Spouse (India)

Service Center: Potomac Service Center

5/22/17 - Got married

6/6/17 - Mailed I-130 via UPS to Chicago Lockbox 6/7/17 - Received by USCIS; Priority Date (PD)

12/4/17 - I-130 Visa Petition Approved :) 

12/8/17- Email & Text message and website change to Case was sent to the Department of State 12/9/17 - NOA2 I-797 received in mail

12/13/17 - NVC received our case

12/21/17 - Received Welcome letter and AOS invoice from NVC thru email,Case number and invoice number assigned

12/22/17- Submit DS-261, Paid AOS fee

12/26/17 - AOS fee confirmed by bank and status change to paid in website

12/28/17 -  Received email for DS-261 confirmation and IV Invoice

12/29/17 - Paid IV fee

01/03/18 -  IV fee status change to paid in website and DS-260 open, DS-260 submitted, AOS & IV Package mailed

01/05/18 - AOS & IV package received by NVC

01/09/18 - Scan date 

01/13/18 - Case Completed. Called NVC on 1/16/18 to confirm

01/30/18 - Called NVC to find Interview is schedule for 3/15/18

02/1/18 - Received Email from NVC for interview letter PK4 dated 01/31/18

02/6/18 - Left from NVC (called on 02/07 to confirm and status changed on 2/7/18 to "In Transit")

02/8/18 - Reached at Mumbai Embassy (status changed on 2/8/18 from "In Transit" to "Ready")

03/9/18 - Medical at 8:30 at Mumbai Done

03/12/18 - Biometrics at 9:30 at Mumbai Done

03/15/18- Interview- Approved

03/19/18- Passport and Visa arrived at Blue Dart Trivandrum pickup location

03/21/18-Passport and Visa picked up

03/23/18- The USCIS Immigrant fee ($220) paid

04/26/18-POE at Chicago :) 

5/7/18-SS Card received

5/18/18-GC status on USCIS website change to Card is being produced

5/29/18- Green Card Received

ROC Journey

02/18/2020- Sent the ROC form and other documents to Phoenix AZ

02/21/2020 - Received ROC at Phoenix AZ

02/27/2020 - Check cashed and received text with receipt # MSC

03/02/2020 - Received NOA1 I-797 in mail dated 02/26/2020

03/14/2020 - Biometrics letter received in mail, notice date 03/06/2020 appointment 03/26/2020, Got cancelled because of Covid19 Closure

11/20/2020 - Received new Biometrics letter for 12/08/2020 appointment Done

12/09/2020 -  Status change to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An interview

09/09/2021 - Status change to Interview was Scheduled

10/28/2021 - Interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
11 hours ago, sysysy said:

1st SD Dec. 26, 2017

Checklist: Feb. 2, 2018

So, I received a checklist today. They can't accept my husband's Peruvian birth certificate as is. That's about all the checklist says and to send them one they can accept.

The birth certificate was issued by a "Municipalidad Distrital" and we did not get it certified by RENIEC. He was not born in Lima, so our birth certificate needs to come from a "Consejo Distrital" or "Provincial Distrital"; a "Municipalidad distrital" is the only district that issues birth certificates where he was born. I am hoping that RENIEC, the national authority, can certify a birth certificate signed by the "Municipalidad distrital" and NVC will accept that. Any other Peruvians or latin americans with something like this issue? 

Hi. 

In almost every birth certificate requirement they want to see the original birth registration in some latin american countries is called copy of birth folio. In others called litteral birth certificate with all the details like who register your birth who were the witnesses birth delivery number of the day etc. That is why it can only be obtain where you were registered and the official of your local municipality is giving faith that the record litteraly exist there in a phisycal book

16 hours ago, vistajones said:

I was thinking of attaching my DS-260 confirmation page with the package.

I just did that with my package. I preferred to wait for my confirmation page as I read that there were many folks that had issues with nvc not attaching their ds-260 to their scanned docs and that was delaying their cases.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Bos said:

what exactly did they say was wrong with the police character certificate? I got mine from Alagbo as well and it was fine and I got CC 1/19.

I knew I got checklist through phone call. The rep refused to tell me the exact problem with the police clearance, she said I’ll get a mail then I can know what to do 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.