I am also waiting for  answer of this question ! CC 1/31 

Edited by nehallakhani

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 2/2/2018 at 10:37 PM, vince_mags said:

hello..

can anyone help or have idea on this

my interview is on feb 5 2018 monday...

and i have just learned that the original copies of my kids brith certificate and marriage certificate was brought by my wife backto the US..and I cant get a new copy now coz its the weekend and offices are close...although we have already pass the original copies before on the USCIS package...

what i have now is a copy (not original) of the birth Certificates and Marriage certificates..

Have anyone experience this?or know someone who experience this...would this affect my approval?

the US embassy im going to is at Manila Philippines

Hi.

I dont think i will effect your aproval at least on the day of your interview. Bring the copies to interview sase escenario they have the ones from uscis and worst case they tell you that they will wait until you bring them or send them the originals then they will aprove your aplication. A strong suggestion will be to ask your family member whom took the originals to USA to super fedex them first thing on monday if your budget allows it or go to your local birth registration place and get them if the embassy ask you to send it to them. 

6 hours ago, Luna17 said:

I just did that with my package. I preferred to wait for my confirmation page as I read that there were many folks that had issues with nvc not attaching their ds-260 to their scanned docs and that was delaying their cases.

I may do the same but will see when the time comes to mail it. If it opens by Tuesday then will wait. If not will mail without it as I should have everything I need for mailing it in by tomorrow. 

I130 arrived at Nebraska Service Center - March 29, 2017

NOA1 Received April 4th

Verbal confirmation petition was approved December 26th

Approval letter sent by mail on the 26th of December - still not received (live in CZ)

NOA2 Received via email January 4th

NVC received package from USCIS on January 10th (verbally confirmed on the 18th)

Case Number & Invoice # issued on January 25th but given on the 26th.

DS261 submitted on January 29th

AOS fee paid on January 31st

IV fee paid on the 3rd of February - received the email this morning as well with the fee. Money taken out of account on the 6th.

IV fee shown as paid and DS-260 open on the 13th of February. 

DS-260 submitted on the13th February

IV and AOS documents mailed on the 13th February 

Scan Date February 17th. 

CC February 28th :)  

Interviewed scheduled on the 17th of March for April 3rd. 

Interview completed and visa approved on April 3rd. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Chalanero21 said:

Hi . My case was sent to nvc on jan 26 ..what is the wait time for me to get a case number?

Thanks

A week or two 

Edited by I&A/T
Not relative

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
On 2/3/2018 at 10:15 AM, sysysy said:

1st SD Dec. 26, 2017

Checklist: Feb. 2, 2018

So, I received a checklist today. They can't accept my husband's Peruvian birth certificate as is. That's about all the checklist says and to send them one they can accept.

The birth certificate was issued by a "Municipalidad Distrital" and we did not get it certified by RENIEC. He was not born in Lima, so our birth certificate needs to come from a "Consejo Distrital" or "Provincial Distrital"; a "Municipalidad distrital" is the only district that issues birth certificates where he was born. I am hoping that RENIEC, the national authority, can certify a birth certificate signed by the "Municipalidad distrital" and NVC will accept that. Any other Peruvians or latin americans with something like this issue? 

Hi there!

I have a relative that works and knows the procedures with RENIEC. He recommends to first make sure that your relative's place of birth is part of RENIECs data system. If that's the case then you can simply go to RENIEC and have it printed in Lima. If your relative's place of birth is not included, then you'll just go to the Municipalidad as you did and then have it stamped for "USO en el exterior" by the Ministry of Foreigns Affairs. I guess at this point you could ask RENIEC if they do stamp it to give it some extra validation and/or attach a letter of explanation indicating what was the difficulty in getting the certificate from RENIEC. (I remember that is the way to excuse when a document can't be obtained).

Good luck!

04/20/17 - Sent I-130 package

04/21/17 - USCIS received I-130 with PD 04/21

04/26/17 - Received hard copy of NOA1

05/26/17 - Sent K-3 package

05/31/17 - USCIS received I-129F with PD 05/31

10/16/17 - I-130 petition approved & notification of I-129F dismissal were issued

10/22/17 - NOA2 sent by E-mail to our lawyer

10/23/17 - Received hard-copies of both notifications (I-130 NOA2 & I-129F dismissal)

11/15/17 - Case was sent to DoS

11/16/17 - Received an e-mail notification of our case being sent to DoS

11/23/17 - NVC received the case (confirmed over the phone on 11/28) Case # not generated yet

12/01/17 - Got the NVC Case # & IIN over the phone

12/05/17 - AoS and IV fees paid Received Welcome letter through e-mail earlier this day.

01/02/18 - NVC packet delivered to/received by NVC

01/05/18 - SD assigned

02/05/18 - CC (First showing "At NVC" on CEAC, then called and confirmed it)

02/13/18 - Received e-mail notification of our CC and it being placed in queue for interview scheduling

02/13/18 - Just got interview date over the phone: 03/20/2018 Operator said that it was scheduled TODAY and that I'd be getting an e-mail with instructions soon

Later on the day I got the e-mail with PDF letter confirming the CC

02/16/18 - Received PDF letter indicating date of interview + instructions CEAC status showing 'In transit'

02/21/18 - CEAC status showing 'Ready'

03/05/18 - Medical exam in Lima, Peru

03/20/18 - Interview date at 10:15 am

03/24/18 - Visa on hand

03/26/18 - Paid the Immigrant Visa Fee

03/28/18 - POE LAX

03/29/18 - Form OS155A ‘Received and in process’

07/13/18 - Status changed to 'Card Is Being Produced' @ the egov.uscis.gov website

07/17/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Mailed To Me' (this means it was placed in queue to be sent) 

On the myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov site status changed to 'Case Closed Card Is Being Produced Non-DACA'

07/18/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Picked Up By The USPS' Tracking No. was provided

07/20/18 - Card received 114 after POE 

Anyone have a SD close to 1/22? 

5 minutes ago, I&A/T said:

Hey guys does anyone having a problem checking their case status on the website? I couldn’t check my case status since yesterday!!!

Website is under maintenance 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
8 minutes ago, I&A/T said:

Hey guys does anyone having a problem checking their case status on the website? I couldn’t check my case status since yesterday!!!

Yup!

ive tried with different phones and computers, but nothing.

😰😰😰

04/20/17 - Sent I-130 package

04/21/17 - USCIS received I-130 with PD 04/21

04/26/17 - Received hard copy of NOA1

05/26/17 - Sent K-3 package

05/31/17 - USCIS received I-129F with PD 05/31

10/16/17 - I-130 petition approved & notification of I-129F dismissal were issued

10/22/17 - NOA2 sent by E-mail to our lawyer

10/23/17 - Received hard-copies of both notifications (I-130 NOA2 & I-129F dismissal)

11/15/17 - Case was sent to DoS

11/16/17 - Received an e-mail notification of our case being sent to DoS

11/23/17 - NVC received the case (confirmed over the phone on 11/28) Case # not generated yet

12/01/17 - Got the NVC Case # & IIN over the phone

12/05/17 - AoS and IV fees paid Received Welcome letter through e-mail earlier this day.

01/02/18 - NVC packet delivered to/received by NVC

01/05/18 - SD assigned

02/05/18 - CC (First showing "At NVC" on CEAC, then called and confirmed it)

02/13/18 - Received e-mail notification of our CC and it being placed in queue for interview scheduling

02/13/18 - Just got interview date over the phone: 03/20/2018 Operator said that it was scheduled TODAY and that I'd be getting an e-mail with instructions soon

Later on the day I got the e-mail with PDF letter confirming the CC

02/16/18 - Received PDF letter indicating date of interview + instructions CEAC status showing 'In transit'

02/21/18 - CEAC status showing 'Ready'

03/05/18 - Medical exam in Lima, Peru

03/20/18 - Interview date at 10:15 am

03/24/18 - Visa on hand

03/26/18 - Paid the Immigrant Visa Fee

03/28/18 - POE LAX

03/29/18 - Form OS155A ‘Received and in process’

07/13/18 - Status changed to 'Card Is Being Produced' @ the egov.uscis.gov website

07/17/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Mailed To Me' (this means it was placed in queue to be sent) 

On the myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov site status changed to 'Case Closed Card Is Being Produced Non-DACA'

07/18/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Picked Up By The USPS' Tracking No. was provided

07/20/18 - Card received 114 after POE 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello there,

Although I am anticipating NVC case number soon; I have started preparing my wife for the interview. I was wondering, if I can choose an interpreter for my wife's i130 interview given her inability to speak good English. At what stage do we need to notify USCIS on the need for an interpreter? Does it provide an option for interpreter while scheduling the interview? Are there any professional groups in India who offer this service?

Thank you

Naveen 

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, dpk said:

couldn’t

2 hours ago, dpk said:

Yup!

ive tried with different phones and computers, but nothing.

😰😰😰

Looks like you're probably gonna get cc this week, hopefully...since they've been dealing with dec cases last week. 

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ravian said:

I thought u are saying the people who have sd in the end of january will hopefully get cc in a week or so. But what i m seeing here is average of 6 weeks after sd.

Nope.. I was referring to dpk who seems to have an earlier scan date of jan coz it looks like nvc was finshing up with dec scan dates last week. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.