JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
17 minutes ago, cocobean said:

I just checked my case status on my 485 and it updated to case is ready to be scheduled for interview. How long did you all wait for until you got a letter in the mail with your interview date? Thanks! Also did any of you get the EAD without any case updates, we’ve been waiting on that as well. Thanks! 

Hi!

It depends on your local field office processing time.

For me my case has been ready to be scheduled for an interview since March 21, and it just changed last week to interview has been scheduled (July 3) my field office is in San Diego where it takes up to 11 months waiting for the interview schedule.

2 minutes ago, JahRyl said:

Hi!

It depends on your local field office processing time.

For me my case has been ready to be scheduled for an interview since March 21, and it just changed last week to interview has been scheduled (July 3) my field office is in San Diego where it takes up to 11 months waiting for the interview schedule.

Wow! That’s a long time! I’m glad you finally got the interview! Hope it went well. Thanks so much for responding :)

21 hours ago, gtiorobertsf said:

Today we received text message saying that our case status was updated. Logged in and it says the work permit is being produced. It’s been a long wait. Hang in there everyone else that is still waiting. Took a 159 days.

Good Morning. When did you do biometrics? Im trying to remember and you were early March? I did mines March 13th. Hopefully soon I get the same msg as you! Im in NYC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 minutes ago, HappyBunny said:

Good Morning. When did you do biometrics? Im trying to remember and you were early March? I did mines March 13th. Hopefully soon I get the same msg as you! Im in NYC.

He did his on the 6th I believe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I got another "no new update and we are still processing your application" email this morning and when I checked my status it says EAD card is being produced.  

I have a feeling that every time they touch your application, you get that email.   I got 3 of these in one month so I doubt it is an automated  inactivity message.  Best to check your status when you get those messages.  Frustrating that although I signed up for text and email alerts , I am not getting any of them.:huh:

Edited by poh

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey everyone,

My 1st daughter's EAD arrived today (my 2nd daughter already got hers last week). So now we are complete. awaiting her SSN in the mail in the next 3 or 4 days. Now we just need to get ready for the AOS interview coming up on the 6th of August. 

To all those waiting on their EADs and Interview dates I say hang in there its a matter of having patience. Good luck to you all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
10 hours ago, saintike said:

Hey everyone,

My 1st daughter's EAD arrived today (my 2nd daughter already got hers last week). So now we are complete. awaiting her SSN in the mail in the next 3 or 4 days. Now we just need to get ready for the AOS interview coming up on the 6th of August. 

To all those waiting on their EADs and Interview dates I say hang in there its a matter of having patience. Good luck to you all.

Congratulations!!! 

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, poh said:

I got another "no new update and we are still processing your application" email this morning and when I checked my status it says EAD card is being produced.  

I have a feeling that every time they touch your application, you get that email.   I got 3 of these in one month so I doubt it is an automated  inactivity message.  Best to check your status when you get those messages.  Frustrating that although I signed up for text and email alerts , I am not getting any of them.:huh:

Did you request an expedited review for your EAD card? My local office is also Honolulu office and I filed my AOS and other docs in mid February but they didn't approve my EAD card.  Your interview was already scheduled too? I checked my AOS status and mine was also scheduled but no EAD card yet.  I thought it would take several more months for the interview in HI but no idea why our process is faster than others.

Well this is a bittersweet moment, my EAD arrived today but despite me sending off for AP at the same time, my card does not have that included (says at the bottom 'not valid for reentry to US'). Unless I am mistaken there is not much I can do about that, so I assume I'll have to wait until I receive my GC. Annoying as I was hoping to travel but a good thing that we didn't book anything yet I suppose. Still, a day to celebrate!

AOS, EAD, AP Filed Concurrently: 01-22-2018
NOA1 Date: 02-08-2018
RFIE Received: 02-26-2018

Bio. Appt.: 03-06-2018

RFIE Evidence Received: 03-21-2018

EAD Received: 07-13-2018 (no AP as USCIS never filed it for some reason)

21 minutes ago, Amainzing said:

Well this is a bittersweet moment, my EAD arrived today but despite me sending off for AP at the same time, my card does not have that included (says at the bottom 'not valid for reentry to US'). Unless I am mistaken there is not much I can do about that, so I assume I'll have to wait until I receive my GC. Annoying as I was hoping to travel but a good thing that we didn't book anything yet I suppose. Still, a day to celebrate!

Carrying on from this I just spoke to a Tier 2 officer and he said there's no record of me ever filing for an AP, and since it was so long ago he said my original application could be anywhere, so the only option for me is to file for AP again with a copy of my I-485 receipt so I don't have to pay the fee again <_< Frustrating but there's nothing else I can do, so I guess I can either do that or wait for my interview and see where it goes from there -_-

AOS, EAD, AP Filed Concurrently: 01-22-2018
NOA1 Date: 02-08-2018
RFIE Received: 02-26-2018

Bio. Appt.: 03-06-2018

RFIE Evidence Received: 03-21-2018

EAD Received: 07-13-2018 (no AP as USCIS never filed it for some reason)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
10 hours ago, appletree2 said:

Did you request an expedited review for your EAD card? My local office is also Honolulu office and I filed my AOS and other docs in mid February but they didn't approve my EAD card.  Your interview was already scheduled too? I checked my AOS status and mine was also scheduled but no EAD card yet.  I thought it would take several more months for the interview in HI but no idea why our process is faster than others.

No, I didn't expedite EAD but I did write a letter to my senator and congresswoman but they just wrote back saying I needed to wait longer.  Unsure if their inquire triggered something.    I am not sure why our EAD is approved and yours isn't..  Maybe our application processed first before yours.  As for us, I noticed EAD is being produced about a week after the interview was scheduled.  Maybe you need to give it more time for your EAD to get approved but since you have the interview the EAD or AP isn't that important unless you need to travel or work soon.

Yes, we received our interview letter today scheduled for Aug 24.   It is a blessing that our application is moving along.   When is your interview? 

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I got 2 letters from uscis today, my EAD got approved!! I wasn’t really thinking about it anymore except for yesterday, when I checked the thread and here it was! My original NAO is 2/22/2018, it got approved on July 9th and my field office is Portland, Oregon.

Good luck to everybody, hang in there 🙏🏼

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My EAD was just approved :-) I am adjusting from a K1 and my NOA1 was received Feb 5th and NOA1 date is Feb 13th. Yaaaaaaaaay freaking finally!!! I couldn’t take this anymore!!

do you know how long it takes to get it? 

Edited by Marion

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Marion said:

My EAD was just approved :-) I am adjusting from a K1 and my NOA1 was received Feb 5th and NOA1 date is Feb 13th. Yaaaaaaaaay freaking finally!!! I couldn’t take this anymore!!

do you know how long it takes to get it? 

Congrats!!! we just received a text on Friday that his EAD card was sent. Im hoping it includes the travel permit. When we log on there is no update for the A/P.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.