The Nature  Boy

The Daily Trump wins again thread

1,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, smilesammich said:

if businesses can simply get around hiring them, if it's still cheaper for them to get fined than not hire them..why do you think it would ever be impossible for them to work here?

i mean, we already do. not so insane. http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2016/oct/02/maria-teresa-kumar/how-much-do-undocumented-immigrants-pay-taxes/

With all those numbers being tossed around in your quote from the article, along with the terms unauthorized, undocumented, illegal immigrants/aliens... one would almost think that the government knows EXACTLY where a pretty large number of these people live and work, and rounding them up would be pretty simple.

I wonder why we do so much studying of these people, and not so much of deporting them?

1 hour ago, charmander said:

I found this 2011 article on ramifications of making e-verify mandatory. https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/immigration/news/2011/09/13/10273/the-10-numbers-you-need-to-know-about-e-verify/

Interesting, I haven't thought of some of the items on that list. 

Having been the person that setup E verify at my former company. Most of the article is total bull

5 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

With all those numbers being tossed around in your quote from the article, along with the terms unauthorized, undocumented, illegal immigrants/aliens... one would almost think that the government knows EXACTLY where a pretty large number of these people live and work, and rounding them up would be pretty simple.

I wonder why we do so much studying of these people, and not so much of deporting them?

Becuse having that base as future voters will jeep the Democratic party from becoming obsolete 

2 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

Why does the deportee have to turn in their employer? Let the government do its job enforcing the law. The system doesn't work, it needs to fixed. Let Trump

lead the way and fix it. 

I have no idea, you are the one that made that claim 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

"Waiter!  I'd like a cup of coffee without cream."

"We're all out of cream, sir; how about having it without milk?"

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

14 hours ago, IDWAF said:

So are you saying let them stay, because they do more good than harm for the US?

what i'm saying is, obviously the solution is to declare war on the problem we can't effectively solve and then pour billions of dollars into band aids that will do nothing but exacerbate the root issue and pretend like we're fighting the good fight. this is the american way after all.

34 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

what i'm saying is, obviously the solution is to declare war on the problem we can't effectively solve and then pour billions of dollars into band aids that will do nothing but exacerbate the root issue and pretend like we're fighting the good fight. this is the american way after all.

But it can be solved without a whole lot of effort.

4 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

But it can be solved without a whole lot of effort.

and i assume the reason this hasn't been solved without a whole lot of effort previously is because democrats?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
14 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Having been the person that setup E verify at my former company. Most of the article is total bull

By 2018 or 2011 standard? Do you think mandatory e-verify could help with employer side of problem? Could be implemented much hassle-free than the article portraits?

1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

and i assume the reason this hasn't been solved without a whole lot of effort previously is because democrats?

And pubs. When we did verify here the farm lobby went nuts

1 minute ago, charmander said:

By 2018 or 2011 standard? Do you think mandatory e-verify could help with employer side of problem? Could be implemented much hassle-free than the article portraits?

E verify is so easy. Well I set it up for my company. That article saying it was expensive to set up was bull 

5 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

And pubs. When we did verify here the farm lobby went nuts

so how will the fix be so easy, employers still do not want to be held accountable for utilizing the cheapest available labor. 

6 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

E verify is so easy. Well I set it up for my company. That article saying it was expensive to set up was bull 

they were saying it was expensive for small business, although if five hundred bucks is going to hurt your business you're probably not doing too well anyway.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

recent e-verify related presentation by USCIS: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-Verify_Native_Documents/e-verify-presentation.pdf

FY16 673 thousand businesses participate in e-verify. More than 16 million cases ran through the system, 1% were found not authorized to work in US.

There was a map in that presentation (slide 7) that shows AZ as a participant of mandatory e-verify.

Little more google search: https://www.azag.gov/legal-az-workers-act/employers