MrsKhan

What does this mean? Worried!!! [merged threads]

586 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:pop:

AOS

10/10/17 – Package sent (Chicago Lockbox)

10/17/17- Package received 

10/25/17 – E-notification (Text & Email) received

10/30/17 – NOA1 Received (From MSC/NBC)

11/03/17 - Biometrics Appointment Received (Appt. 11/14/17)

11/14/15 - Biometrics for I-485 & I-765 done

01/08/2018 - Received NOA2 (Request for applicant to appear for initial interview) 

01/17/2018 - EAD/AP approved (Took 92 days)

01/18/2018 - Received Text & Email regarding EAD/AP approval

01/22/2018 - Approval Notice received in the mail

01/22/2018 - EAD/AP card processed and mailed out via USPS. (Estimated delivery date 01/24/2018) 

01/24/2017 - EAD/AP card on hand

02/06/2018 - AOS interview appointment 

02/06/2018 - Interview - Recommended for approval

02/07/2018 - GC being produced

02/15/2018 - GC on hand:dance::dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
42 minutes ago, jay18 said:

This form of Diversity is what made America the current world power.

Mustang would say that Christian Culture (excluding Central American Catholic culture) would be the reason for our dominance.  As Christ said "the first will be first and the rest of you can...."

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

14 hours ago, Going through said:

Well in terms of the "child"---it really should be used for CHILDREN...and will continue to do so, thankfully.

Personally, I don't consider someone over the age of 21 a "child" anymore, but that's just me, so I can see the reasoning behind eliminating the adult child category.  Most of the adult "children" have spouses and children of their own, at that point---which then means they could end up sponsoring them, too, at some point later on---hence the whole "chain migration" thing again which is what Trump wants to stop.

Parents---I think it should be more fine-tuned on the eligibility factor for them instead of cutting it out completely.  Age, health, etc.

But I can see the need to cut it out completely, too.

Well nowadays, they let people keep their kids on health insurance til like 27 or 29 now and they dont even have to live at home?! :S

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, heo luoi said:

Well nowadays, they let people keep their kids on health insurance til like 27 or 29 now and they dont even have to live at home?! :S

Age 26 

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

11 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

I like the fact that you posted numbers. I will contribute by saying that even though a small fraction of immigrants that are able to make it here and help their family back in a country that is suffering extreme poverty, there are tens of million NEW people in the world that enter the poverty level EVERY YEAR. http://www.worldbank.org/en/publication/poverty-and-shared-prosperity So for every immigrant that is able to flee poverty there are millions new immigrants who enter poverty per year. It is like pouring a bottle of water on a raging forest fire.

People in poor countries think the solution to poverty is to simply immigrate to a first world country (which I think is the ultimate motive for chain migration), but in reality that is only an individual solution and it doesn't alleviate the overall problem.

And it can also be argued that it may, over time, actually cause more poverty in source countries. 

I'm sure there's no studies to back up the suggestion, but logically speaking, the people who have the courage, tenacity, skills and correct attitude to survive the legal immigration process and be able to make a good life for themselves in the US (which, lets be honest, is NOT easy - you don't just walk into the country and get handed a huge house and $100k per year job!) could be immensely beneficial to making the kind of changes in their own country that, over a number of years, have the potential for majorly beneficial changes for a lot more people than just themselves and immediate family. 

6 hours ago, mustang85635 said:

Sure it is . I mean the part where 7/11 hire F1 students and make them work 50 hours a week instead of 20 that they are allowed too . Also sponsoring them on H1Bs and letting them do work that was not in the petition . Instead of doing mangerial work they so customer service etc...

But thanks to the new administration there is a huge crackdown on those visas since last year . Where USCIS takes a very close look at the petitions . Just part of the fraud and abuse in the immigration system that was rampant under Obama 

I can attest to this. Personally know someone who works in advertising, but his company title is "software developer" for sake of visa processing....

Edited by rhhs7

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Two inappropriate posts have been removed, along with one quoting.

Argue your points, but edit your thoughts beforehand with regard to the site's Terms of Service (link at bottom of any page).

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
20 minutes ago, rhhs7 said:

minor child and spouse quota NOT affected pending or not

I just read the news thoroughly and it says “zero” instead of “eliminated” on the chart for spouse and minor child of LPR. I was so worried! Thank you for your reply. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I have a question in this regard: I am a beneficiary of a CR 1 visa, my kids are still minors but like to immigrate later (step children of petitioner).

Can we still do that in a few years if they want to?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I am not opposed to nor a strong advocate of immigrations perse but it has changed for the worst in the last 50 years. Sure my wife is an immigrant came over on a K1 10 years ago and we have a great life. My grandparents came from italy back in thev early 1900's but then it was different. They came here, learned english, got jobs, saved their money, bought a house, bought a business, raised two sons wh were successful. They worked for it and for the country.

Itv is different now. Immigrants come here and the govt has to support a good number of them. I see no reason for our govt to be support citizens of another country. JUst check the number on soc sec disablity. It costs billions. I dont know the statistics because no one will give them to me but I think the freeloaders are mostly sponsored by charities at first and then wind up on soc sec. I personally know of at leat 40 doing that. I'll take those that want to and are capable of working, that have some education and will be a credit to the country.

I'll

filed 129 with vermont 4/19/06

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

email they recieved 6/26/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

NVC sent to Moscow 10/17/06

package from Embassy 11/17/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

34 minutes ago, edsperfect said:

I am not opposed to nor a strong advocate of immigrations perse but it has changed for the worst in the last 50 years. Sure my wife is an immigrant came over on a K1 10 years ago and we have a great life. My grandparents came from italy back in thev early 1900's but then it was different. They came here, learned english, got jobs, saved their money, bought a house, bought a business, raised two sons wh were successful. They worked for it and for the country.

Itv is different now. Immigrants come here and the govt has to support a good number of them. I see no reason for our govt to be support citizens of another country. JUst check the number on soc sec disablity. It costs billions. I dont know the statistics because no one will give them to me but I think the freeloaders are mostly sponsored by charities at first and then wind up on soc sec. I personally know of at leat 40 doing that. I'll take those that want to and are capable of working, that have some education and will be a credit to the country.

I'll

Maybe it makes sense to remove all benefits from new arrivals then and make petitioners actually support these beneficiaries or then cancel their GC and send them back if those who petitioned them ca not take care of them. Or better still, make it that only when you've contributed personally to the society in from of tax payments will you be eligible to receive benefits — your petitioners tax contributions have no effect.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, R&OC said:

I have a question in this regard: I am a beneficiary of a CR 1 visa, my kids are still minors but like to immigrate later (step children of petitioner).

Can we still do that in a few years if they want to?

Depends I think how old they are in a few years. My route was slightly different, my husband petitioned for my kids, but they are minors.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, edsperfect said:

How do you determine that? I mean, most immigrants want to work. If you take a look on this forum you will find tons of threads about people who applied for EAD and waiting before they can start applying for jobs. However, what a lot of USC people don't realize is how hard it is to find a job, especially if you use to have a decent job in your own country, and now have to start from zero.  I don't say it's impossible, where there is a will there is a way, but people can find themselves in circumstances they didn't anticipate beforehand.

I don't know the numbers either, I mentioned earlier in this thread how some places make it very easy to abuse the system by offering free tuition, housing, food etc to people who "think they might be sort of homeless".  As far as I know this applies for people who are US citizens, I don't know if it applies to GC holders too. i saw it in California too, there are special offices for people who are the first ones in their family to study, they qualified for financial aid. i don't know the in's and out's, but to me this was a strange practice.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg