In Canada, abused, don't want to continue I-130 (split and merged)

13 posts in this topic

Hi. I want some advice from you. I am an international student in Canada and I married without permission of  my parents last year. After that I was hit by my husband and he took advantage of me because I had nothing left in this world. He was the only one. I lost my friends and family after a marriage with 37 years age gap. I was 18 and I took everything he said. He even calls me f words and keep abusing emotionally and physically. We got rfe for I 130 and I dont want to be taken advantage of anymore. I am doing my first year Bachelors. I cant go back to my home country as i will be killed ( honour killing). I cant afford to pay international tution. He even cancelled my phone number that i used to look for job from so long. I recorded him once on phone where he admitted hitting me because he was too angry. I am hopeless and homeless. He changed my life from a student who got an article about her in local newspaper when she was 17 to a homeless (very soon) and hopeless (since marriage) person. What should i do. 

Edited by Penguin_ie

2 hours ago, 9876 said:

Hi. I want some advice from you. I am an international student in Canada and I married without permission of  my parents last year. After that I was hit by my husband and he took advantage of me because I had nothing left in this world. He was the only one. I lost my friends and family after a marriage with 37 years age gap. I was 18 and I took everything he said. He even calls me f words and keep abusing emotionally and physically. We got rfe for I 130 and I dont want to be taken advantage of anymore. I am doing my first year Bachelors. I cant go back to my home country as i will be killed ( honour killing). I cant afford to pay international tution. He even cancelled my phone number that i used to look for job from so long. I recorded him once on phone where he admitted hitting me because he was too angry. I am hopeless and homeless. He changed my life from a student who got an article about her in local newspaper when she was 17 to a homeless (very soon) and hopeless (since marriage) person. What should i do. 

Hi, I'm so sorry what you are going through, sounds terrible. But I highly doubt you will find an advice in this specific topic.

I suggest you to post in this part of the forum, where cases like yours get better and appropriate possible solutions:

Effects of major family changes

I hope you can some your situation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, 9876 said:

No one deserves to be abused for any reason. It’s sad to hear this. Most states have a domestic abuse house for battered woman/ In my state it’s called WEAVE... 

Women Escaping A Violent Environment.. 

Try to make contact there

Best of luck to you as you are young and need to earn your degreee and focus on yourself. You can Persue what ever it is you want. Reach for it...

Edited by Sundee
Typo

Hi. I want some advice from you. I am an international student in Canada and I married without permission of  my parents last year. After that I was hit by my husband and he took advantage of me because I had nothing left in this world. He was the only one. I lost my friends and family after a marriage with 37 years age gap. I was 18 and I took everything he said. He even calls me f words and keep abusing emotionally and physically. We got rfe for I 130 and I dont want to be taken advantage of anymore. I am doing my first year Bachelors. I cant go back to my home country as i will be killed ( honour killing). I cant afford to pay international tution. He even cancelled my phone number that i used to look for job from so long. I recorded him once on phone where he admitted hitting me because he was too angry. I am hopeless and homeless. He changed my life from a student who got an article about her in local newspaper when she was 17 to a homeless (very soon) and hopeless (since marriage) person. What should i do. 

i am in Ontario, I am an A+ student. I have suffered a lot and want to move on but i have no place to go. Canada is expensive for study and i cant afford it. I cant go back to home country. I am just left hanging in space. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
17 minutes ago, 9876 said:

Hi. I want some advice from you. I am an international student in Canada and I married without permission of  my parents last year. After that I was hit by my husband and he took advantage of me because I had nothing left in this world. He was the only one. I lost my friends and family after a marriage with 37 years age gap. I was 18 and I took everything he said. He even calls me f words and keep abusing emotionally and physically. We got rfe for I 130 and I dont want to be taken advantage of anymore. I am doing my first year Bachelors. I cant go back to my home country as i will be killed ( honour killing). I cant afford to pay international tution. He even cancelled my phone number that i used to look for job from so long. I recorded him once on phone where he admitted hitting me because he was too angry. I am hopeless and homeless. He changed my life from a student who got an article about her in local newspaper when she was 17 to a homeless (very soon) and hopeless (since marriage) person. What should i do. 

i am in Ontario, I am an A+ student. I have suffered a lot and want to move on but i have no place to go. Canada is expensive for study and i cant afford it. I cant go back to home country. I am just left hanging in space. 

This is a US forum, presumably there are similar forums for those on Canada.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** posts split from other thread by another member about another issue and moved to Canada forum as OP seems interested in staying in Canada rather than immigrating ****

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Stop the process with your husband.  Seek a women's shelter.  There is no path to allow you to stay in Canada unless you make one.  There is no path to the USA unless you want to be abused and I suggest you don't. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The first thing to do is remove yourself from the abusive situation. You can seek safety and assistance from local police and/or women's centers. Centers for abused women are sometimes called "interval houses", or something similar. If you are still enrolled in school, a counsellor can help you find such resources.

Once in a safe place, you can take whatever further steps you think are appropriate, such as filing for a divorce, a restraining order, and/or criminal charges. If you do not want to continue with your U.S. immigration, you have every right to stop the process.

You should be able to stay in Canada if you still meet the eligibility requirements of your visa (I assume it's a student visa). Given the nature of threats against you if you return to your own country, I would suggest seeking legal advice on filing for asylum. Asylum cases are currently delayed in Canada, so it would probably be best to start the process as soon as possible. You may be eligible for legal aid to help you through this process: http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fund-fina/gov-gouv/aid-aide.html

Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so sorry you are suffering through abuse. I would encourage you to check out resources through your College or University. Most from my experience have a woman's advocate center who can give you much assistance. Many institutions have free counseling for students. Your tuition may cover extended health benefits and I would encourage you to see a doctor. The effects of abuse can extend psychologically in where you can develop a serious mental illness. Don't suffer in silence. Don't blame yourself. Believe you are worth seeking help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.